NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
James Graham on his way back to Super League.

Dragons will release him provided they can secure a replacement. Media reporting Dragons will have $1 million to spend.

I had a think about some possibilities this arvo, this is the perfect opportunity for us to get rid of Ofahengaue.

We'll have to do the hard sell 'Well, you know, you're getting an Origin level forward in the early stages of his prime', make them pay every cent of his contract. That would be an INCREDIBLE outcome for us.. and I think the Dragons are stupid enough to think that someone like Ofahengaue will be highly valuable moving forward.

Jordan Rankin returning the NRL via the Eels for the remainder of the season.

There's a blast from the past.

I had a think about some possibilities this arvo, this is the perfect opportunity for us to get rid of Ofahengaue.

We'll have to do the hard sell 'Well, you know, you're getting an Origin level forward in the early stages of his prime', make them pay every cent of his contract. That would be an INCREDIBLE outcome for us.. and I think the Dragons are stupid enough to think that someone like Ofahengaue will be highly valuable moving forward.

they apparently have a million bucks to spend ... can we throw in Milford

they apparently have a million bucks to spend ... can we throw in Milford
That would be a dream come true. Imagine seeing Hunt, Milford, Norman and Offa taking up almost half of the Dragons cap and stinking it up every week. Fail Mary and sack the coach signs would everywhere at their home games.

Sounds like De Belin's case is going to get thrown out, hence the reason the Dragons were happy to let go of Graham.

It would not surprise me if that is the case. With the complete lack of evidence, it was only a matter of time until it was.

However, if it's true, it's probably not the best decision by the Dragons to make the decision before it's official.

So is there any reason that no one appears to be after Clifford from the cows??

Petey B loves to write a story about everyone being after broncos juniors despite most of his rumours being under contract next year, but Clifford is coming off contract this year (same as Fifita) and was probably just as highly rated as Dearden coming through the juniors.

He's a genuine 7 (with a kicking game) and is stuck behind Morgan at cows... I feel that Morgan and Clifford don't really work together so it's one or the other for the starting spot

Cows will want to keep him, but they haven't re-signed him as yet... and Paul Green doesn't really give him many opportunities (started the year with Drinkwater at 6).

I don't see any articles from the Petey "all the sauces" B about why he hasn't signed yet... I'm sure some cows fans would click to see WTF is going on or whichever Sydney team gets linked.

He'd also be a perfect 7 for storm... genuine 7 on cheapish money (until he blows up).

So what the **** Peter... where's the rumour mill at??

Last edited:

Petey B loves to write a story about everyone being after broncos juniors despite most of his rumours being under contract next year, but Clifford is coming off contract this year (same as Fifita) and was probably just as highly rated as Dearden coming through the juniors.

He's a genuine 7 (with a kicking game) and is stuck behind Morgan at cows... I feel that Morgan and Clifford don't really work together so it's one or the other for the starting spot

Cows will want to keep him, but they haven't re-signed him as yet... and Paul Green doesn't really give him many opportunities (started the year with Drinkwater at 6).

I don't see any articles from the Petey "all the sauces" B about why he hasn't signed yet... I'm sure some cows fans would click to see WTF is going on or whichever Sydney team gets linked.

He'd also be a perfect 7 for storm... genuine 7 on cheapish money (until he blows up).

Good pick up they’ve backed themselves in a corner too with the drinkwater and valentine signings, they won’t be dropped. I do feel Melbourne will go after him, He’s good.

Last edited:
Good for the Raiders that this circus is over but got to feel for them a bit. Paid a transfer fee to Wigan to get him over here for 3 years, helps drag them into the GF for the first time in decades and starts hinting he needs more money into the lead up to the game.
Hasn't fired a shot for them this year and the team has suffered by his absence.

Interesting to see where he lands, Dogs, Dragons or Wigan i guess are the main players. I think he is a bit of a risk, not just for ditching the Raiders like he has but he plays a very physical type of game for his body size, regularly gives away kg's in the collisions and the human body is not built for that...

Good for the Raiders that this circus is over but got to feel for them a bit. Paid a transfer fee to Wigan to get him over here for 3 years, helps drag them into the GF for the first time in decades and starts hinting he needs more money into the lead up to the game.
Hasn't fired a shot for them this year and the team has suffered by his absence.

Interesting to see where he lands, Dogs, Dragons or Wigan i guess are the main players. I think he is a bit of a risk, not just for ditching the Raiders like he has but he plays a very physical type of game for his body size, regularly gives away kg's in the collisions and the human body is not built for that...

I reckon the Raiders have handled it well, kept quiet and not paying a bloke far more than he is worth.

I don't see any articles from the Petey "all the sauces" B about why he hasn't signed yet... I'm sure some cows fans w
Could click to see WTF is going on or whichever Sydney team gets linked.

Clifford re-signed an extension at the end of last year, he isn't off contact for 18 months.

Well the official NRL contracts website has him off contract end of 2020

So he's in the same situation as Dearden then.

So getting back to my original question is there a reason why everyone is apparently after Dearden and no heat on Clifford??

No clue, I've been very impressed with Clifford this season, looks to have improved quite a lot.

He's already got more than double the amount of try assists and forced drop outs to his name (in 5 games) this season than he had in 15 games last season.

Nice to see Iliesa Ratuva back in the fold. He was being groomed by Melbourne as a back-up for Addo-Carr and Vunivalu before the Crusaders came knocking. I'm not shocked at all to see the Warriors pick him up with O'Sullivan at the helm, he seems like his type of player.

It's a shame Finau was so unprofessional, he was an exciting prospect coming through the Storm system. Last I heard, he didn't even make it through a pre-season with the Knights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncs30
  • Maddy
  • Sproj
  • Morkel
  • achievedrap
  • bb_gun
  • Rookie Alan
  • Bish
  • Cavalo
  • ell.d33
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Wild Horse
  • sooticus
  • Manofoneway
  • Allo
  • Spoon
  • Rah88
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.