NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really rate Clifford. Still think he is better than Croft.

Last edited:
Really rate Clifford. Still think he is better than Croft.

Don't think that's even a question anymore. Clifford's kicking game has improved ten-fold over the off-season. Even his defence looks to have improved.

Don't think that's even a question anymore. Clifford's kicking game has improved ten-fold over the off-season. Even his defence looks to have improved.
He looks to have improved everywhere except for still looking pretty slow in general when running the ball. Unfortunately you can't Coach speed and if he doesn't have enough of it he's going to have to be very, very good at everything else.

Titans might actually have a semi-interesting side next season if they get Fifita, Asiata & Gagai, as rumoured.

1. AJ Brimson
2. Corey Thompson
3. Brian Kelly
4. Phillip Sami
5. Dane Gagai
6. Ash Taylor
7. Jamal Fogarty
8. Moeaki Fotuaika
9. Erin Clark
10. Herman Ese'ese
11. David Fifita
12. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
13. John Asiata

14. Tyrone Peachey
15. Beau Fermor
16. Sam Lisone
17. Jarrod Wallace / Shannon Boyd

Genuinely not that bad. Clark has showed some good promise since starting at 9, still only 22 years old. Fogarty has improved a lot over the last couple of weeks, looks to have cemented his spot in the 7 jersey. Brimson & Asiata can assist with the play making duties as well.

They could afford it pretty comfortably imo. Arrow gone, James, Copley, Don, Peats, Proctor, Roberts all off contract and likely to leave. S.Boyd, Cartwright & Peachey all rumoured to be heading back to Sydney next season. That's a LOT of money freeing up.

Ok but that is dependent on all those guys actually leaving and them not subsidising a lot for these players to leave.

Even if they leave, they will still likely have:

Fifita - $1.25 million
Taylor - $1 million +
Tino - $600k (at least)
Ese'ese - $500k (at least)
Peachey - $400k (likely will need to subsidize this much)
Cartwright - $200k (will subsidise this at least)
Gagai - $500k (at least)
Asiata - $400k (they always have to pay more to get players remember)
Phototaker - $400k
Brimson - $500k (possibly less)
Wallace - $300k (will have to heavily subsidise)

I mean, they aren't affording anything around that.

Ok but that is dependent on all those guys actually leaving and them not subsidising a lot for these players to leave.

Fifita - $1.25 million
Taylor - $1 million +
Tino - $600k (at least)
Gagai - $500k (at least)
Phototaker - $400k

Even if those figures are accurate (most of which I think are significantly overs), that still leaves roughly $3.5m in cap space for 2020.

Obviously a good chunk of that goes to minimum wage guys filling out the top 30, but I'm pretty sure they can afford Fifita and at least one of Gagai/Asiata, probably both if they can shed some dead weight.

How much is Proctor on? Is he Phototaker?

Fifita - $1.25 million
Taylor - $1 million +
Tino - $600k (at least)
Gagai - $500k (at least)
Phototaker - $400k

They won’t have to subsidise Wallace, It’s St George doing the chasing. They aren’t shopping him around. If Peachy or anyone else asks for a release they won’t be paying a cent either. You only tend to subsidise salary if you are shopping players around.

They won’t have to subsidise Wallace, It’s St George doing the chasing. They aren’t shopping him around. If Peachy or anyone else asks for a release they won’t be paying a cent either. You only tend to subsidise salary if you are shopping players around.

Why the **** would anyone be chasing Wallace?

I can’t blame him for wanting out. He’s been treated like absolute shit, diminishing his career options because the club has backflipped on their word, not providing Pay his promised 2021 with an ability to spend money (finally) on assembling his own roster to give a true indication of his ability as a coach.
I agree, he has been treated pretty shoddy to say the least. i was just referring to the finaincial loss. But I have since read that he and the club have come to a mutual financial agreement so good on him.

I'm falling over laughing if they install Barrett in his place. I think he's a bit of a fraud as a head coach.

Warriors have reportedly told Adam Blair he is no longer wanted.

He could be a good pick up for a team like the Titans.

If it came to that, can a team go to the NRL and get permission to go over the cap temporarily just to field a team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • Shane Tronc
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncoscope
  • john1420
  • Strop
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Maroon4life
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • PETERN
  • Wolfie
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.