NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are really going down if they’re throwing a million bucks a year at a currently 16 year old.

I’m sure we’ll see him in NRL at some point

Apparently Joseph Suaalii has backflipped on the Souths deal and will sign a $3m deal with Australian Rugby.
The problem i see with him is he is what we have to much of, bigger, faster, stronger and out developed than his opponents, talented no doubt, but what happens when he finds he can't run over/around everyone else. That's when hes a boom or bust.

They had $3 million before Falou and Castle got their pay outs.

Seriously how is that possible?
If it happens, it is proof that either they are cheating the cap, or that the cap does not work

Seriously how is that possible?
If it happens, it is proof that either they are cheating the cap, or that the cap does not work

Not at all, what's it going to be for? 6 weeks?- 200k is easily doable for that and you get him. He's not going to go to a team struggling- he has a relationship with the Roosters so I'd only be going to a team that is going to play finals.

200k, a finals campaign and a hopefully a premiership. Too easy.

I’d be pretty pissed off if I were Angus. He’s been immense this year only to be replaced by a bloke who wants to jump in half way through the season and grab the chocolates.
Angus can ask Tohu Harris for advice on that.

Yeah. That's fair. Also they may be in a position where they need to pay overs.
At this stage they don't really have much choice, they may have a warchest but you are going to need to really make it worthwhile financially for players to want to go there. So though that warchest might look big, it probably wouldn't take much to get eaten either.

I’d be pretty pissed off if I were Angus. He’s been immense this year only to be replaced by a bloke who wants to jump in half way through the season and grab the chocolates.

Yeah maybe an element of that- but honestly I would guess if you sat all 30 guys down and said any issues with SBW for two months joining us- I doubt any hands go up. They've lost two forwards to injury and can slot him in.

Yeah, salary cap doesn't apply to the Roosters.

At this stage they don't really have much choice, they may have a warchest but you are going to need to really make it worthwhile financially for players to want to go there. So though that warchest might look big, it probably wouldn't take much to get eaten either.
They have a pretty solid pack too. If you put a gun half or hooker in there they improve dramatically.

wouldn't someone from the Roosters top 30 have to be moved on to accommodate $BW.

and also wouldn't the player moved on have to agree to move on

wouldn't someone from the Roosters top 30 have to be moved on to accommodate $BW.

and also wouldn't the player moved on have to agree to move on
Not if their drink gets "spiked"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Footy Fanatic
  • LittleDavey
  • sooticus
  • Harry Sack
  • heartly87
  • Kev_Guz
  • Browny
  • broncoscope
  • broncs30
  • achievedrap
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Foordy
  • Behold
  • Bish
  • matthewransom34@ic
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.