NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Keary is going to re-sign at the roosters for 700k.
If we offer him 1.1mill then surely it’d be ‘best for the game’ for him to join a struggling club like the Broncos, wouldn’t it?
And if he declined, then there would have to be a full audit from the NRL done on the roosters books, yeah?

Kent, that’s right, isn’t it?
I look forward to hearing more on this on 360 tonight..

So Keary is going to re-sign at the roosters for 700k.
If we offer him 1.1mill then surely it’d be ‘best for the game’ for him to join a struggling club like the Broncos, wouldn’t it?
And if he declined, then there would have to be a full audit from the NRL done on the roosters books, yeah?

Kent, that’s right, isn’t it?
I look forward to hearing more on this on 360 tonight..
We should absolutely throw everything at him.

Clint Zammit the North Queensland recruitment guru to Knights. Newcastle will have a greater Queensland representative from this signing.

O’Brien has recruited from his Cairns days. Took Eric Smith with him as an assistant and now Clint.

Last edited:
Teams have to announce their 30 man squads by tomorrow. Here's a list of teams that still have room to make announcements.

Canberra - 3 NRL Spots, 2 Development Spots
Canterbury - 2 NRL Spots, 1 Development Spot
Cronulla - 1 NRL Spot, 1 Development Spot
Gold Coast - 1 Development Spot
Manly - 1 Development Spot
Melbourne - 1 NRL Spot
Newcastle - 2 Development Spots
North Queensland - 1 NRL Spot, 1 Development Spot
Parramatta - 3 Development Spots
Penrith - 3 NRL Spots
Souths - 1 NRL Spot, 2 Development Spots
St. George - 2 NRL Spots, 1 Development Spot
Sydney - 1 NRL Spot, 3 Development Spots
Wests Tigers - 1 Development Spot

Clubs only have to finalise 3 development players, so a few of the aforementioned clubs like the Gold Coast and Manly could announce their squad as is.

What will be interesting will be the affect Covid plays and whether clubs are allowed to combine their development squad and as long as it reaches 33 they'll be sweet. In that case, only Canberra would have to announce some signings prior to.

I expect we'll see these squads on Tuesday right before all the teams are announced.

Teams have to announce their 30 man squads by tomorrow. Here's a list of teams that still have room to make announcements.

Canberra - 3 NRL Spots, 2 Development Spots
Canterbury - 2 NRL Spots, 1 Development Spot
Cronulla - 1 NRL Spot, 1 Development Spot
Gold Coast - 1 Development Spot
Manly - 1 Development Spot
Melbourne - 1 NRL Spot
Newcastle - 2 Development Spots
North Queensland - 1 NRL Spot, 1 Development Spot
Parramatta - 3 Development Spots
Penrith - 3 NRL Spots
Souths - 1 NRL Spot, 2 Development Spots
St. George - 2 NRL Spots, 1 Development Spot
Sydney - 1 NRL Spot, 3 Development Spots
Wests Tigers - 1 Development Spot

Clubs only have to finalise 3 development players, so a few of the aforementioned clubs like the Gold Coast and Manly could announce their squad as is.

What will be interesting will be the affect Covid plays and whether clubs are allowed to combine their development squad and as long as it reaches 33 they'll be sweet. In that case, only Canberra would have to announce some signings prior to.

I expect we'll see these squads on Tuesday right before all the teams are announced.
Wow how good are the Panthers going? Top of the tree and still have room for another 3 NRL players.

Wow how good are the Panthers going? Top of the tree and still have room for another 3 NRL players.

That's the effect of very few injuries. Every year, the majority of the shifting up & down the ladder is based on injuries.

That's the effect of very few injuries. Every year, the majority of the shifting up & down the ladder is based on injuries.
They have copped it in the backline with Edwards, Whare and To'o out for extended periods but to their credit the players they bring in like Naden and Staines have not skipped a beat. Similar with Liam Martin in for Capewell.

Penny's are a team currently getting great value for money from their "no name" players. If To'o, Leniu and Crichton played for the Broncos we would probably have to be matching 500k+ deals to keep them but they are allowed to go quietly about their business at Penrith.

With regards to Penrith, everyone is now talking about how good they are going.
I kind of get the feeling that we are going through a very similar patch to what they went through. Their squad for the last couple of years has been hyped up and also been very young. Difference being the only young gun we have lost is Fifita, they lost quite a few, but I feel that we are in a similar position to what they were in 2 or so years ago. They failed to fire when they were expected to achieve big things, much like us.
Their club also went through a fair bit of shit with the coaching and scandals off field.
It is super important we get the next coach right.
I guess only time will tell if we are on a similar path or not.

Widdop wants to come back to Australia apparently but Dragons have first dibs.
We need to get a Milf swap done somehow.

Should be easy.........Who doesn't love a good Milf swap?

Nathan Brown to coach the Warriors apparently.

I don't mind it. They're not winning a premiership any time soon, and Brown has proven that he can rebuild a squad.

Nathan Brown to coach the Warriors apparently.

I don't mind it. They're not winning a premiership any time soon, and Brown has proven that he can rebuild a squad.

they're also apparently looking to hire Gus Gould. the reports are they want to put him in charge of junior development

they're also apparently looking to hire Gus Gould. the reports are they want to put him in charge of junior development
Brown will get ‘tired’ within 18months guaranteed.

Badel has named a new front runner for the Cowboys gig ... Shaun Wane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Financeguy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Maroon4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Porthoz
  • sooticus
  • Rowdy124
  • Sproj
  • mystico
  • tajhay
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Big Del
  • jd87
  • Stix
  • Wolfie
  • Manofoneway
  • Xzei
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.