NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a funny old world rugby league it seems.

Can anybody explain how Nathan Brown who had a 26% win rate at the Knights over a lot of games, is a good choice for the Warriors? Is the rebuilding coach description perhaps an imaginary view point?

Can anybody explain how Nathan Brown who had a 26% win rate at the Knights over a lot of games, is a good choice for the Warriors? Is the rebuilding coach description perhaps an imaginary view point?
NSWRL love him... Just like we (NSWRL) all love Mary apparently.

I would be super excited as a Worriers fan to see the Walker brothers being given 2 years to prove themselves, how great that could have turned out to be, exciting talents paired with coaches who promote that style of footy.. but what do I know. Nathan Brown... honestly.. apart from Nathan and his family.. who is excited with that signing?
[automerge]1596712182[/automerge]
they're also apparently looking to hire Gus Gould. the reports are they want to put him in charge of junior development
Cos we all know how well Gus slots in as a supporting roles at clubs . No probs with him playing 2nd fiddle that I can see :)

Last edited:

apparently, he is very good mates with Peter O'Sullivan

It's now official ... Nathan Brown is the new Warriors head coach on a 3 year deal

also official Gould has signed with the Warriors as a club wide consultant

Last edited:
It's now official ... Nathan Brown is the new Warriors head coach on a 3 year deal

Well thankfully it means we're no chance of signing Brown.
Lol @ warriors actually giving him a 3 year deal.

Well thankfully it means we're no chance of signing Brown.
Lol @ warriors actually giving him a 3 year deal.

i don't think we would have gone after Brown regardless.

once Seibs is sacked i'm willing to bet our next coach will unfortunately be Kevvie Walters ... unless Ikin gets the CEO job and can convince the board to give his mate Paul Green a job

i don't think we would have gone after Brown regardless.

once Seibs is sacked i'm willing to bet our next coach will unfortunately be Kevvie Walters ... unless Ikin gets the CEO job and can convince the board to give his mate Paul Green a job
I don't love either option but I'd rather Kevin Walters out of those 2.

A 3 year deal to fail a third time. Poetic.

I don't think signing Gould is a bad idea, he does know footy. But Brown? What are they thinking?

Brown was interviewed yesterday and he admitted not being interested in the Warriors job until he heard Peyton wasn’t taking it. He said he felt sorry for them and then got onto his manager and then the Warriors about the job. Seemed like a strange reason to apply for an NRL coaching job. He said he rang them on Tuesday night and the deal was done Thursday arvo.

Brown was interviewed yesterday and he admitted not being interested in the Warriors job until he heard Peyton wasn’t taking it. He said he felt sorry for them and then got onto his manager and then the Warriors about the job. Seemed like a strange reason to apply for an NRL coaching job. He said he rang them on Tuesday night and the deal was done Thursday arvo.
Don't know why they went through all the supposed selection process and shortlisting etc.
If they wanted Brown they should have just appointed him. Sounds like a similar rigged bullshit process the broncos went through before appointing siebold. It is likely to turn to shit just like it has for us. Doubt he will see out the 3 years.

Last edited:
With some luck they will go back to being rubbish and RTS won't extend his contract just in time for the Broncos to swoop in and swap him for Isaako.

I don't think signing Gould is a bad idea, he does know footy. But Brown? What are they thinking?

Gould is a great club mind, it's so low brow when people mock the Panthers for not winning a comp. Gould went there and got a facility built that is world class, I have been through it and it is sensational.

More than that when he went there Panthers pathway model was a mess, for a team that had their huge amount of juniors it was embarrassing to be in that mess.

In 2012 his first year there 5/25 were local juniors in the Panthers top squad, when it went to 30 in 2018 they had 24/30 and all 24 debuted with Panthers. They won the NYC in 2013 and 2015.

Sure it hasn't won a comp yet but he fixed everything but that and set them up to do it. If he can do that that in NZ they will be a powerhouse club.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
  • Dash
  • MrMoore
  • Spoon
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.