NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow its been carnage for the coaches this year. 4 down 1 to go

reports are that the Tigers are trying to offload Mbye. they are apparently willing to pay half of his 800k a year contract.

Titans are a possible destination

Holbrook just did a radio interview and confirmed Titans had no interest in Mbye... thank god. Even if I did rate him, I just don't see where he would be needed.

I'm just wondering who the +1 coach is, it sure isn't Anthony Really-Strong-Contract-Here Seibold.
Haha fair enough that slipped over my head.
Our jonah has to go

They pretty much sacked Mary months ago didn't they? Apparently has no input into the teams and speculation is that Flanagan pulls the strings behind the scenes.

I find it amazing he's been able to survive for this long. They tried to stay the course with Steve Price but as the roster aged out, it was clear that wasn't going to work so they brought in the ex-legend just to instil some passion and get them performing the basics. That was enough to get them a spot in the 2015 finals, but by 2016 it was clear the Dragons needed something more.

It's why I was so keen to start talking about Post-Covid because a few clubs were bound to go through some major upheavel. McGregor won't be the last coach to lose their job and I think we're going to see a lot of transfers during this off-season. St. George are one of those teams that needs to shed another big name and need to recruit a few of those up and comers who are about to hit their prime.

I find it amazing he's been able to survive for this long. They tried to stay the course with Steve Price but as the roster aged out, it was clear that wasn't going to work so they brought in the ex-legend just to instil some passion and get them performing the basics. That was enough to get them a spot in the 2015 finals, but by 2016 it was clear the Dragons needed something more.

It's why I was so keen to start talking about Post-Covid because a few clubs were bound to go through some major upheavel. McGregor won't be the last coach to lose their job and I think we're going to see a lot of transfers during this off-season. St. George are one of those teams that needs to shed another big name and need to recruit a few of those up and comers who are about to hit their prime.
Would Paul Vaughan be a good fit for us?

Would Paul Vaughan be a good fit for us?

He would, but he would have to be the last player they'd want to release. I was thinking more in line of Corey Norman or Ben Hunt. Worst case scenario, Cameron McInness gets a few offers from the Warriors and Bulldogs that forces the Dragons hand.

I’d take Hunt back as our hooker. Imagine RTS, Dearden and Hunt and a 6 that doesn’t suck as our spine

I've heard whispers the chooks are letting Fitzy go to coach the Dragons. Good old boy for them.

The Titans plan on attempting to lure Cam Smith to the club

its Absolutely astonishing that a club that was literally bailed out financially by the nrl is just spending up big recklessly and specifically things linked to the broncos which is ironic because the money that’s generated by the broncos probably helped bail them out!

I fucking hate the titans and now unfortunately maninga, he just comes across as a sneaky germ now. Get your own ideas dickhead!

I think it should be added that this rumour originated on NRL Tonight and they themselves turned it into their own headline. The other 'reporters' have all jumped on it. It is absolutely disgraceful.

They then asked Holbrook if he would love to have Smith at the club and of course he said yes. Next minute, Titans are making a late play to get Smith.

Absolute rubbish journalism and particularly from the network that claimed the high ground on the Seibs rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • lynx000
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jedhead
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • Jeza23
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.