NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I came across a video of the 20 year old myself the other day.
Only showed him against some weak defence.
It'd be interesting to see more of his skill set.
He's the nephew of the All Black John Schuster.

Did this 20 year old look bald and have wrinkles?

Schuster is 18 and was a stand-out for Manly in their SG Ball campaign. The issue is that Manly already have enough halves prospects coming through and while Schuster has already been tried as a backrow in the rep arena, Manly still have to find room for all the other prospects coming through. Players like Albert Hopoate, Ben Trbojevic, Alec Tuitavake, Kaeo Weekes, Sione Fainu and Jamie Lawler are all genuine NRL prospects, so something has to give.

Wests' youth campaign has been pretty solid so far. In recent history they've signed Tommy Talau, Jock Madden, Zac Cini, Logen Dillon, Jake Simpkins, Reece Hoffman and now Schuster. They're slowly making up for all the players they've let go.

Last edited:
Lol, I saw 30 and assumed the post was satire.
Personally I think SOS has the potential to be an excellent half, I really want to see him get an extended run. I don't see any obvious issues with his game, if he can kick a field goal, we should give him a 10 year contract.

In 18 months we well look to upgrade Haas way before his contract is due, the idea will be to offer him more money earlier in order to get him under contract again for another longer period way before any of the other clubs can even get a look in.
Exactly this IMO.

I've never been a fan of long contracts but Haas is one of the only Broncos in a very long time that I would have no issues signing for as long as he's willing to put pen to paper for.

If he's on 600k x 5 years left, we could easily bump that to say 800k x7 years. He gets a payrise sooner, we keep him for longer. The extra 200k over the remaining 4-5 years would make up what he could get on the open market. It's essentially an extra million in his pocket and even at 800k he's a bargain honestly.

He does the work of 2 quality props and he has x-factor on top of that, while allowing us basically an extra interchange over the competition. He's the complete package.

Exactly this IMO.

I've never been a fan of long contracts but Haas is one of the only Broncos in a very long time that I would have no issues signing for as long as he's willing to put pen to paper for.

If he's on 600k x 5 years left, we could easily bump that to say 800k x7 years. He gets a payrise sooner, we keep him for longer. The extra 200k over the remaining 4-5 years would make up what he could get on the open market. It's essentially an extra million in his pocket and even at 800k he's a bargain honestly.

He does the work of 2 quality props and he has x-factor on top of that, while allowing us basically an extra interchange over the competition. He's the complete package.
What would you give him if he could kick field goals?

Api Koroisau thought to be headed to the Dogs, now signing with Penrith.

Macca to the Dogs becoming a possibility.

Recruitment 101 from Mal Meninga and the Titans: send a letter to your 100-odd club members telling them your recruitment plan is to speak to every single available player even though you don’t have the cash to sign them, in the hope someone signs on with your rabble...

Titans name hit list

Mal Meninga has already begun to put together a hit list of top line NRL talent, but there’s one catch however — the Gold Coast don’t have the money to spend big.

Meninga declared recently that they couldn’t afford to sign Alex Glenn from the Broncos, but has thrown his weight behind targeting another Brisbane forward, David Fifita.

The Titans recently pinned down highly-commended forward Mo Fotuaika, and need to lock in Jai Arrow and AJ Brimson before November 1.

In a letter to Titans fans, Meninga wrote: “Will we be talking to David Fifita about returning to the Gold Coast, where he went to school at Palm Beach Currumbin High School? Of course we will.”

“What about his Broncos teammate Thomas Flegler, who could follow Jai Arrow’s path to State of Origin by becoming a senior player at the Titans? Absolutely.

“Canberra’s Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad? Josh Jackson and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak from the Dogs? Felise Kaufusi and Ryan Papenhuyzen at Melbourne? Kyle Feldt and Jordan McLean at the Cowboys?”

Bringing any of those players in will pose salary cap issues for the Titans, and the club would need to shed some of its big earners.

Names such as Nathan Peats, Bryce Cartwright and Leilani Latu — believed to have a combined cap value of around $1.7 million have been mentioned to foxsports.com.au as players they would like to move on — but the Titans say no decision will be made until incoming coach Justin Holbrook is in post.

Either way, it will be interesting to see who the Gold Coast can bring in when their coach does arrive.

They won’t get any of them
No player is going to want to go to the titans unless they throw absolutely ridiculous cash at them

From the same article posted by JAHHW above.....

"Canberra have got the better of Cronulla twice this year and in both games, the Raiders’ Englishmen have played a starring role in the action.
The arrival of combative — and relatively cheap — forwards Ryan Sutton and John Bateman to compliment Josh Hodgson and Elliott Whitehead in Canberra has catapulted the Green Machine to the next level this year.
It’s why Cronulla are keen to head to the UK next year as they deal with salary cap penalties.
Foxsports.com.au understands that the Sharks agreed at a strategic meeting last month that they will go to England to assess the best of British at the 2020 Magic Weekend."

Honestly it's a great strategy, and I can't believe 13 other clubs are not planning the same

I went with 13 other clubs, coz ya know Storm and Roosters don't have to worry about the cap ;)

Can't afford Alex Glenn so we are going after Fifita... Mal truly is one of a kind.

"I'll take the Camry"

"ah great car, very reliable, how will you be paying for this?"

"I can write you a cheque for $207.53 and you can have the rest of my coffee"

"I'm sorry sir but that is nowhere near enough and we don't take drinks as payment"

"I'll take the Audi!"

I'm surprised at how well Ryan Sutton has handled the transition. Granted I hadn't watched a lot of his games, but his numbers weren't exactly impressive and he was primarily a bench player for the Warriors. He's actually been a handful in the middle and his mobility has really helped Hodgson's game. Him and Mike Cooper are two examples of what good scouting in the ESL can achieve.

Bateman wasn't a shock at all. I didn't know how Canberra would be able to fit him and their other backrows in, but he was one of those players who immediately stood out for Wigan. Normally I consider the ESL something of a waste of time, but every so often you see a Bateman or a Burgess and they just immediately catch your eye.

What did I just read? Do Mal and Gordy just get together and do these ones then write their articles?

What did I just read? Do Mal and Gordy just get together and do these ones then write their articles?

Pretty sure they say their "articles" out loud in to a Dictaphone and have their kids type it out for them later.

Did they really send out a letter spouting all that shite?

How tacky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.