NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cowboys started their cleanout for 2020

BREAKING: The Cowboys have started their roster shake up ahead of 2020. Jordan Kahu, Enari Tuala, Gideon Gela-Mosby, Javid Bowen and Carlin Anderson won’t return, seeing them join Matt Scott (retired), Scott Bolton and Kurt Baptiste as players leaving the club. Kahu rejected a contract extension offer.

Cowboys started their cleanout for 2020

BREAKING: The Cowboys have started their roster shake up ahead of 2020. Jordan Kahu, Enari Tuala, Gideon Gela-Mosby, Javid Bowen and Carlin Anderson won’t return, seeing them join Matt Scott (retired), Scott Bolton and Kurt Baptiste as players leaving the club. Kahu rejected a contract extension offer.

Speculation is that Kahu rejected the offer to play union instead

Last edited:
So the DT is reporting that Bird is on the way out.

I'm not feeling any loss.

Esan Marsters released by the Tigers effective immediately to take up a long-term deal at the Cowboys

Esan Marsters released by the Tigers effective immediately to take up a long-term deal at the Cowboys

A lot of Wests fans are very happy. He’s not that bad is he? Rocks and diamonds perhaps, but his net is still positive?

A lot of Wests fans are very happy. He’s not that bad is he? Rocks and diamonds perhaps, but his net is still positive?

Last year I would have said he was overwhelmingly positive, great at busting tackles, great offload, knew how to find his outside man, was kicking goals around 80%..

This year, I really don't know what happened, perhaps it was Maguire, maybe an injury, perhaps it was his own form, but he put the offload away, stopped looking for work and couldn't even kick goals at a reasonable efficiency.

Not sure what happened, but I hope he can return to his 2018 form next year.

That doesn't bode well for Opacic.

Opacic's only hope is if Green uses Marsters as a backrower otherwise I can't see him surviving. O'Neill will have the other centre spot.

Opacic's only hope is if Green uses Marsters as a backrower otherwise I can't see him surviving. O'Neill will have the other centre spot.

Bird to tigers, Opa to Brisbane.

Opacic was arguably better than Marsters last season, I'd have both of them in the Centres. O'Neill was well down the pecking order to start the season, he can also play on the wing.

1. Drinkwater
2. O'Neill / Taulagi / Someone else
3. Opacic
4. Marsters
5. Feldt
6. Morgan
7. Clifford

Opacic would be really hard done by to lose his spot out of this.

Why? Their right side of Feldt, Opacic and Wright was about the only decent thing about the Cowboys. Feldt and Tom had a very solid and productive partnership. Marsters will more than likely line up at left center, but Tom is comfortable on either side. O'Neill may not even make a full recovery, and he was playing a fair bit of wing as it was. I dont think he is in much danger at all.
[automerge]1570775125[/automerge]
Last year I would have said he was overwhelmingly positive, great at busting tackles, great offload, knew how to find his outside man, was kicking goals around 80%..

This year, I really don't know what happened, perhaps it was Maguire, maybe an injury, perhaps it was his own form, but he put the offload away, stopped looking for work and couldn't even kick goals at a reasonable efficiency.

Not sure what happened, but I hope he can return to his 2018 form next year.

I remember reading somewhere their biggest gripe with him was his laziness.

Last edited:
Recruitment 101 from Mal Meninga and the Titans: send a letter to your 100-odd club members telling them your recruitment plan is to speak to every single available player even though you don’t have the cash to sign them, in the hope someone signs on with your rabble...

Titans name hit list

Mal Meninga has already begun to put together a hit list of top line NRL talent, but there’s one catch however — the Gold Coast don’t have the money to spend big.

Meninga declared recently that they couldn’t afford to sign Alex Glenn from the Broncos, but has thrown his weight behind targeting another Brisbane forward, David Fifita.

The Titans recently pinned down highly-commended forward Mo Fotuaika, and need to lock in Jai Arrow and AJ Brimson before November 1.

In a letter to Titans fans, Meninga wrote: “Will we be talking to David Fifita about returning to the Gold Coast, where he went to school at Palm Beach Currumbin High School? Of course we will.”

“What about his Broncos teammate Thomas Flegler, who could follow Jai Arrow’s path to State of Origin by becoming a senior player at the Titans? Absolutely.

“Canberra’s Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad? Josh Jackson and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak from the Dogs? Felise Kaufusi and Ryan Papenhuyzen at Melbourne? Kyle Feldt and Jordan McLean at the Cowboys?”

Bringing any of those players in will pose salary cap issues for the Titans, and the club would need to shed some of its big earners.

Names such as Nathan Peats, Bryce Cartwright and Leilani Latu — believed to have a combined cap value of around $1.7 million have been mentioned to foxsports.com.au as players they would like to move on — but the Titans say no decision will be made until incoming coach Justin Holbrook is in post.

Either way, it will be interesting to see who the Gold Coast can bring in when their coach does arrive.
Hands up all those who think Mal will use his Aus coach position to have conversations with potential poachees for GC? [emoji2321]

Hands up all those who think Mal will use his Aus coach position to have conversations with potential poachees for GC? [emoji2321]

i certainly would if i was in his shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.