NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Storm players getting off the ship as quick as possible. They know once smith goes Bellamy will have to coach the side now without a once in a generation player leading the reins

Ain't what he used to be, but still probably the most valuable player in the game. Just speaks of how good he is.
Yeah that's so true. Smith at 80% would still be probably the most valuable possible addition to any side in the NRL besides Souths, and I only say that because they already have Cook so they could use an upgrade elsewhere more urgently.

Zac Lomax has signed a 6 year extension at the Dragons apparently.

Jonas Pearson to sign for the Gold Coast. He seems to be moving from basket case club to basket case club. Hope he does well actually, Just needs a run of games.

Last edited:
Jonas Pearson to sign for the Gold Coast. He seems to be moving from basket case club to basket case club. Hope he does well actually, Just needs a run of games.
Basket case to basket case and still can't get a gig.

Hopefully he gets a run at the titans... I think he looks useful as a footballer so it would be disappointing if he doesnt get a run to actually have a chance to make a career

Why is it that managers can't seem to find their fringe players a gig where they might actually get a run.

Basket case to basket case and still can't get a gig.

Hopefully he gets a run at the titans... I think he looks useful as a footballer so it would be disappointing if he doesnt get a run to actually have a chance to make a career

Why is it that managers can't seem to find their fringe players a gig where they might actually get a run.

He was so good for Redcliffe in 2018.

Josh Addo-Carr set to meet with Storm officials today and request a release to return to Sydney.

If this happens, the Storm are in a bit of a pickle. They have lost nearly their entire backline.

They have always been great at replacing players and having their replacements play at a high level, but at some point that's got to change. Vunivalu and Addo-Carr were important members of their side.

Josh Addo-Carr set to meet with Storm officials today and request a release to return to Sydney.

If this happens, the Storm are in a bit of a pickle. They have lost nearly their entire backline.

They have always been great at replacing players and having their replacements play at a high level, but at some point that's got to change. Vunivalu and Addo-Carr were important members of their side.
Will they grant a release though?

I would absolutely love to sign him, I don't know if we have the money but man I'd love to see JAC in Broncos colours. He's a heck of a player.

EDIT: I realise he's asking for a release because he got custody of his kids in Sydney, so there's 0% chance he's coming our way even if we had the money.

Last edited:

You'd probably say no, but the players and player agents hold so much power these days it'd be understandable if they didn't want the headache.

The Storm are going to have SO much money in 2021 once Smith finally pisses off.

You'd probably say no, but the players and player agents hold so much power these days it'd be understandable if they didn't want the headache.

The Storm are going to have SO much money in 2021 once Smith finally pisses off.
I reckon they're going to really struggle. They've lost a huge amount of good players. If Smith retires a week before round 1, they'll miss the 8.

I reckon they're going to really struggle. They've lost a huge amount of good players. If Smith retires a week before round 1, they'll miss the 8.
It would be fitting given how he left Queensland in a similar fashion.
[automerge]1576458979[/automerge]
Given it's his family and his kids at stake, there would be a fair bit of incentive for them to try and support him with a release. It's really unfortunate timing and not overly fair, but with what is at stake for his life outside football, this probably just has to be copped on the chin by the Storm.

The fairest thing would be a possible player trade with whatever club he goes to. They're really short on Outside Backs now so if a club can help offset that somewhat then I think Melbourne should push for it.

Last edited:

Given it's his family and his kids at stake, there would be a fair bit of incentive for them to try and support him with a release. It's really unfortunate timing and not overly fair, but with what is at stake for his life outside football, this probably just has to be copped on the chin by the Storm.

The fairest thing would be a possible player trade with whatever club he goes to. They're really short on Outside Backs now so if a club can help offset that somewhat then I think Melbourne should push for it.

So Addo-Carr for Ryan Hall sounds about right of course.

The rumour mill is saying they won't grant a release but if they're denying a guy the chance to be with his kids they're going to look pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.