NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? The expectation was always that he was going to sign with Souths, knocking back their first offer doesn't mean you can't accept their 2nd offer.
Because he had signed with Souths by the time I'd read it. That's all

1. Roosters
2. Souths
3. Melbourne
4. Raiders
5. Sea Eagles
6. Eels
7. Knights
8. Broncos
9. Cowboys
10. Sharks
11. Panthers
12. Dragons
13. Bulldogs
14. Warriors
15. Titans
16. Tigers

The Roosters still have a huge amount of quality, but they should come back to the pack a bit this year. Souths with Arrow become a big chance. Melbourne should still have enough quality and experience to run inside the Top 4 comfortably and Canberra will probably still be pretty close, but they have challenges around an untested Halfback and the fact that a few more sides will have done their homework and have them figured out this year. If Manly had Fainu I think they could be a Top 4 chance, so their chances rest on finding a suitable replacement at Dummy Half for 2020.

I think the Knights will be a real surprise packet if they can get a kind run with injuries and Origin and I probably put us in that same boat too.
I have my doubts over Roosters since they won't have an established halves pairing going into the year.

By all accounts they'll be playing a rookie or Kyle Flanagan, who is still a rookie.

Flanagan went to the Roosters right?

The x-factor for me in our forwards isnt our props, even with Payne Haas in there, for me it would be potentially if we play TPJ and Fifita in the back row. I feel they are just so hard to handle and there wouldnt be a back row pairing like them.
Yeah. And I think we play them on the same edge. Fifita can start and from reports he's underdone fitness wise.

TPJ can bench rotate with David, come on and sustain the effect Fifita had in the opening 20

I have my doubts over Roosters since they won't have an established halves pairing going into the year.

By all accounts they'll be playing a rookie or Kyle Flanagan, who is still a rookie.

Flanagan went to the Roosters right?

Sure, the Halves combination is new, but they have a multiple Premiership winner and probably the form 5/8 in the game in Keary and Flanagan isn't exactly a total rookie. He's had a run in first grade steering the Sharks around and looked plenty capable, and he was excellent for Newtown during his time there so he's certainly had a fair apprenticeship.

They also happen to have an excellent Dummy Half feeding them in Friend, and they'll be capably supported by the best Fullback in the game by some distance in Tedesco.

I agree they might come back to the field a little bit, but they're still almost certainly going to be there or thereabouts at the business end of the season.

The only thing I'm looking for is some semblance of a game plan beyond one out hit ups.
Our roster is better no doubt but if we can't grasp the Seibold style, whatever the **** that is, it will be ground hog day.

I think Siebs did try to bring a more elaborate game plan earlier in the season but it was too much too soon and then disruptions through injuries (particularly in the halves) he just went straight to a very basic game plan to try and grind some wins.

If the team is fit and we can keep our best players on the field and in their best positions I'm expecting to see more to our game this year.

If Seibold can get the best out of Croft and get him playing a simple gameplan to compliment Milford and we stay injury free in the spine, that will go a long way towards building a more potent attacking gameplan.

If not, it's just going to go to shit like it did last year. A healthy spine is key.

Rumours that Andrew Fifita is being chased by the Titans as a replacement for Arrow.

He would be a great signing for them.

Rumours that Andrew Fifita is being chased by the Titans as a replacement for Arrow.

He would be a great signing for them.

It'd be odd for Cronulla to release him.

It would be on brand, but that would be an awful fit. The Gold Coast already have enough selfish players in their squad, Fifita would just add to that insanity. His one drawback is that he gets caught up running sideways when the team desperately needs to go forward.

He also gives away a lot of dumb penalties - with Wallace and James in the team you're just asking for trouble.

The other news story to come out of the article is that Adam Doueihi is set to sign with the Wests Tigers.

Supposedly he's on $500,000 which sounds ridiculous. I'd expect him to be on decent coin since he was one of the better players of his age group, but at most $300,000.

Considering it's Crawley's article and how close he is to Bennett, I'd believe that as a ball park figure.

Last edited:
I fail to see why Cronulla would even consider releasing Fifita. With Gallen gone, he is most certainly the forward leader of that team (he has effectively been that for a few years now anyways). The only reason I can really think of why they would entertain the idea of releasing him of all people is his attitude in general.

I fail to see why Cronulla would even consider releasing Fifita. With Gallen gone, he is most certainly the forward leader of that team (he has effectively been that for a few years now anyways). The only reason I can really think of why they would entertain the idea of releasing him of all people is his attitude in general.
I think Fifita is on a massive contract and spent pretty much all of last year carrying that knee injury (has no PCL or something) so it could be perceived that he's not providing value for money.

Given they've lost Gallen and Prior it seems odd they would be willing to release another middle, but they are having serious cap issues... the salary cap penalty and I recall them having issues affording Ramien (apparently they have like 500k left but still have 5 slots left in the top 30). So Fifita may represent a valuable asset they're willing to give up compared to Moylan, SJ, Graham, etc. to afford some quality depth.

Hamlin-Uele looks a serious player and they still have Aaron Woods on board, but losing Fifita would be another hit, but may be one they're happy to take to get some breathing room.

It could also just be a journo looking around on zero tackle trying to justify how they could move Arrow and noticed a team struggling with cap space that happen to have a prop giving poor value for money

Mose Masoe has suffered a serious spinal injury in England. Sounds like it could be another McKinnon situation, potentially may not be able to walk again. Very sad!

Mose Masoe has suffered a serious spinal injury in England. Sounds like it could be another McKinnon situation, potentially may not be able to walk again. Very sad!

The tackle looks like nothing as well, just shows how easily things can go wrong in this sport..

How you feel being the teammate who ran in to him right there?

Does anyone know how I would be able to re-watch the 2017 Auckland Nines?
Not just highlights but the entirety of the event.

Does anyone know how I would be able to re-watch the 2017 Auckland Nines?
Not just highlights but the entirety of the event.

get yourself one of these

TeamTimeCarcom BTTF DeLorean Time Machine OtoGodfreycom JMortonPhotocom 07

The tackle looks like nothing as well, just shows how easily things can go wrong in this sport..

How you feel being the teammate who ran in to him right there?

Yeah at least in Mckinnons situation he only has himself to be angry with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • ThomasovPreaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.