NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could've seen this coming from beyond the horizon. Frizell is straight up done with Mary's shit and I don't blame him. He's a competitor, he wants to win premierships. Honestly we could have really used him up here, that attitude would be great to rub off on our young guys. I honestly would have approached Merge and offered them a swap deal for TPJ or Joe O.

he hasn't gone to a club where he'll win a premiership anytime soon

he hasn't gone to a club where he'll win a premiership anytime soon

Frizell in the 2nd row, Ponga at the back, Pearce in the halves....I dunno man, it looks like the makings of a half decent side to me.

Ponga
Pearce
Klemmer
Frizell

Bear in mind they have paid too much for everyone else on their list as well, how do they afford him?

Frizell in the 2nd row, Ponga at the back, Pearce in the halves....I dunno man, it looks like the makings of a half decent side to me.

Half decent side yes, premiership winning, no.

Frizell in general is being massively over-rated here. He is a great player but he isn't even in the top 10 forwards in the comp. People are acting like he is the missing piece to a premiership puzzle and he just isn't.

It’ll be interesting to see what now happens to Fifita. The NRL came out yesterday and said that they will not be registering any contracts any time soon until they sort out this mess and probably look at the cap moving forward.
I assume Frizell hasn’t actually signed or got in before all this went down.

Half decent side yes, premiership winning, no.

Frizell in general is being massively over-rated here. He is a great player but he isn't even in the top 10 forwards in the comp. People are acting like he is the missing piece to a premiership puzzle and he just isn't.

Frizell is an absolute gun. Would take him in a heartbeat. I'd find it hard to find 10 better forwards in the game:

1. Haas
2. JT2

After that, he is definitely in the conversation. Brisbane's pack obviously has potential on their side but in terms of second rowers even, he is in the conversation as the best.

Frizell is an absolute gun. Would take him in a heartbeat. I'd find it hard to find 10 better forwards in the game:

1. Haas
2. JT2

After that, he is definitely in the conversation. Brisbane's pack obviously has potential on their side but in terms of second rowers even, he is in the conversation as the best.
He may and likely will end there, but Haas isn't above Lolo yet. Those 2 are on a category of their own though.

The Gold Coast Titans have released English import Kallum Watkins on compassionate grounds after his father contracted corona virus. Awful news for him and his family, hopefully his old man makes a speedy recovery.

Sounds like the new coach is not a fan of him.

Is he allowed to travel back there? I assume he got released because he wouldn't be able to travel there and back again. His dad's virus will likely be resolved by the time the comp started up again.

Is he allowed to travel back there? I assume he got released because he wouldn't be able to travel there and back again. His dad's virus will likely be resolved by the time the comp started up again.

he would be, but would need to con into quanrantine for two weeks. the UK won't keep their own citizens out of the country

Wests Tigers have signed Junior Kangaroo backrow Shawn Blore effective immediately.

Blore was considered one of the brightest prospects coming through the NSWRL juniors until he suffered an ACL rupture early in the 2019 season.

Considering the Utoikamanu signing on top of all the other gun junior signings, Wests are building a promising young team.

Yeah, Badel is a bit cryptic in his article saying it’s not alcohol but “personal demons” that is his issue at the moment but it always seemed a big gamble him heading back to Sydney.

Bennett's response will be: He just needs to be given time, we'll stand by him, he's a good lad with a good heart, we will re-sign him on an upgraded four-year deal as a show of faith.

Broncos release another young talent that goes on to reach almost immortal status. I can't believe we've let Corey Allen go to the Bunnies. He looks like he'll be something special.
Must have been on something stronger than red wine when i wrote this!

Wests Tigers have signed Junior Kangaroo backrow Shawn Blore effective immediately.

Blore was considered one of the brightest prospects coming through the NSWRL juniors until he suffered an ACL rupture early in the 2019 season.

Considering the Utoikamanu signing on top of all the other gun junior signings, Wests are building a promising young team.
Realistically I think for a club like them it's the only way forward long term. I think having a Coach who is confident in his own abilities and not desperate for short term results to keep his job really helps them in this instance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.