NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word is Ponga has accepted on terms to a 5 year deal with the Knights.

Word is Ponga has accepted on terms to a 5 year deal with the Knights.
Spewing if true. At the very least it would have been good to gauge his level of interest or what sort of money it might have taken to get him here.

Last edited:
Spewing if true. At the very least it would have been good to gauge his level of interest or what sort of money it might have taken to get him here.
Take it with a grain of salt but it's reported to be as 1.1 million a season.

I'll just be happy that he'll be staying in the NRL.

Big decision to be made should Isaako not continue in the same upwards trajectory after 2 games at fullback with our premiership window well and truly opening. Develop Niu or go to the market for someone else. What would be your choice?

Take it with a grain of salt but it's reported to be as 1.1 million a season.
Yeah I did see that. Not sure we’d have got him for that much. It tends to cost more to recruit than it does to retain. I think it’ll prove to be a bargain for the Knights if that’s really all it cost them.

Big decision to be made should Isaako not continue in the same upwards trajectory after 2 games at fullback with our premiership window well and truly opening. Develop Niu or go to the market for someone else. What would be your choice?

It depends on our cap situation. If we have the money for him, we absolutely pursue Ponga then move Isaako to wing and Boyd out, but it looks like that ship has sailed.

If it does come out that we never even entertained the idea, then it would seem Seibold has a lot of confidence in Isaako @ fullback

Last edited:
Yeah I did see that. Not sure we’d have got him for that much. It tends to cost more to recruit than it does to retain. I think it’ll prove to be a bargain for the Knights if that’s really all it cost them.

1.1 is ridiculous money for him. So far he has shown to be nothing more than a great runner of the ball.

I don't think it's just his running game. His passing game is pretty incredible for a fullback too. He definitely needs to be a little more consistent and get involved more, but some of his passes have been absolutely beautiful, I really don't think you can fluke those.

Macca to the dogs on a four year contract apparently... yes, four years.

I like macca but 4 years puts him at Cam Smiths age and Macca is no Cameron Smith. It must be a coaching/mentoring role. I guess he spends time as a backup hooker and then moves to the back room?

Bitter-sweet reading the meltdown on The Kennel. Love reading dogs fans anguish and I am very happy that this would mean that we are not paying for Macca anymore but he does not deserve the vitriol that is being said about him. He is a great guy that has given his all in every game regardless of the result and doesn't deserve that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • kman
  • winslow_wong
  • jd87
  • cento
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
  • Organix
  • Foordy
  • unnerv1ng
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.