NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Euan Aitken to the Warriors on a 3 year deal.

Good signing, he's been exceptional this year.

Apparently Cowboys lead the race for Alex Johnston.

Not sure how credible the rumour is given they have so many outside backs. With Feldt and Holmes locked in for two of the back three spots it would mean one of Tabuai-Fidow or Drinkwater miss out.

I really hope the Broncos recruitment team have an eye on Drinkwater in the #1 jersey this weekend.

Gould is a great club mind, it's so low brow when people mock the Panthers for not winning a comp. Gould went there and got a facility built that is world class, I have been through it and it is sensational.

More than that when he went there Panthers pathway model was a mess, for a team that had their huge amount of juniors it was embarrassing to be in that mess.

In 2012 his first year there 5/25 were local juniors in the Panthers top squad, when it went to 30 in 2018 they had 24/30 and all 24 debuted with Panthers. They won the NYC in 2013 and 2015.

Sure it hasn't won a comp yet but he fixed everything but that and set them up to do it. If he can do that that in NZ they will be a powerhouse club.
How much of that can be attributed to Anthony Griffin??

reports are that the Tigers are trying to offload Mbye. they are apparently willing to pay half of his 800k a year contract.

Titans are a possible destination

reports are that the Tigers are trying to offload Mbye. they are apparently willing to pay half of his 800k a year contract.

The problem is that he doesn't fit into any one position. He is a 14 or depth, that's it.

Thats 400 thousand for Mmmbop. Still 200K too much.

The problem is that he doesn't fit into any one position. He is a 14 or depth, that's it.

I can't see why any club would want him - he's a jack of all trades and master of none. If he's the best player in any position in your squad aside from bench utility then your squad has a serious issue.

How he's continually picked for the QLD origin development team baffles me.

Last edited:

It still amazes me he's on 800k. Then again Milford is on a million so maybe I should stay out of this.

RTS to Union? We need to get on the phone to him and ask what we have to do to get him here. Sack the entire team (except Dearden, Carrigan, Farnworth, Coates, Flegler and Haas) and start over. A new coach, RTS, Grant, and a worthwhile 6 can save this club

RTS to Union? We need to get on the phone to him and ask what we have to do to get him here. Sack the entire team (except Dearden, Carrigan, Farnworth, Coates, Flegler and Haas) and start over. A new coach, RTS, Grant, and a worthwhile 6 can save this club

Totally agree. RTS and Grant are a great start though.

I'd make a solid case to keep Paix as well.

Mbye handled himself well in Origin when he was asked to play centre. So seems like the kind of player who will do whatever the coach asks and do it well. But is no better talent wise than what we already have and the $400k would be best spent elsewhere.

Mbye is just a poor man's Casey McGuire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Socnorb
  • Porthoz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bert_lifts
  • Manofoneway
  • Maroon4life
  • Skyblues87
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • peter09
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • theshed
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.