NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mansour to the Bunnies a done deal according to Hooper.

Very strong side -

1. Latrell Mitchell
2. Josh Mansour
3. Campbell Graham
4. Dane Gagai
5. Alex Johnston
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds (c)
8. Thomas Burgess
9. Damien Cook
10. Tevita Tatola
11. Cameron Murray
12. Jaydn Su'A
13. Jai Arrow

14. Jacob Host
15. Keaon Koloamatangi
16. Liam Knight
17. Hame Sele

Very strong side -

1. Latrell Mitchell
2. Josh Mansour
3. Campbell Graham
4. Dane Gagai
5. Alex Johnston
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds (c)
8. Thomas Burgess
9. Damien Cook
10. Tevita Tatola
11. Cameron Murray
12. Jaydn Su'A
13. Jai Arrow

14. Jacob Host
15. Keaon Koloamatangi
16. Liam Knight
17. Hame Sele
If you compared that line up to a full strength Brisbane, Haas and Lodge might be the only players who you would pick over their Bunnies counterpart.

Very strong side -

1. Latrell Mitchell
2. Josh Mansour
3. Campbell Graham
4. Dane Gagai
5. Alex Johnston
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds (c)
8. Thomas Burgess
9. Damien Cook
10. Tevita Tatola
11. Cameron Murray
12. Jaydn Su'A
13. Jai Arrow

14. Jacob Host
15. Keaon Koloamatangi
16. Liam Knight
17. Hame Sele
Lose Allan on $350k pick up Sauce who was on +$500k... seems legit 🙄🙄🙄

I'm keeping a close eye on Jed Cartwright and Jacob Host for South Sydney. I don't think it's in South Sydney's best interest to remove Murray from lock and both are on relatively long term deals which suggests that Souths view them as important members of their team.

The key for South Sydney is Latrell. If he can go to another level he'll provide Souths with a dimension very few teams in the compeititon have. Conversley if he dishes up the same form as last year then Souths will continue to just make up the numbers.

in this case it is ... Panthers are paying part of Mansour's salary for 2021

Souths would have already paid Allan a portion of his wage as well.

Last edited:
I'm keeping a close eye on Jed Cartwright and Jacob Host for South Sydney. I don't think it's in South Sydney's best interest to remove Murray from lock and both are on relatively long term deals which suggests that Souths view them as important members of their team.

The key for South Sydney is Latrell. If he can go to another level he'll provide Souths with a dimension very few teams in the compeititon have. Conversley if he dishes up the same form as last year then Souths will continue to just make up the numbers.

Souths would have already paid Allan a portion of his wage as well.
There is class across the park at South’s. Everyone was concerned when Wayne signed the controversial Mitchell on a big contract but he has put together a very good team there. If this line up doesn’t scream premiership window, I don’t know what does. You couldn’t have built a better South’s team in the period Wayne has been there than this. Every position is filled with talent, a superstar spine, and the best coach in history.

It all comes down to luck now. Injuries, suspensions, the bounce of the ball, and as you said, the form of your enigmatic superstar. But on paper there’s very little more South’s could do to put themselves in position to win it.

There is class across the park at South’s. Everyone was concerned when Wayne signed the controversial Mitchell on a big contract but he has put together a very good team there. If this line up doesn’t scream premiership window, I don’t know what does. You couldn’t have built a better South’s team in the period Wayne has been there than this. Every position is filled with talent, a superstar spine, and the best coach in history.

It all comes down to luck now. Injuries, suspensions, the bounce of the ball, and as you said, the form of your enigmatic superstar. But on paper there’s very little more South’s could do to put themselves in position to win it.
On paper they look fantastic but there is a softness to them that prevents me from outright calling them premiership favourites. Arrow's signing goes part-way to fixing that but I'll need to see improvement across the board.

On paper they look fantastic but there is a softness to them that prevents me from outright calling them premiership favourites. Arrow's signing goes part-way to fixing that but I'll need to see improvement across the board.
I don’t know if I’d consider them favourites either. I just don’t think you could ask for a much better roster built around what was already at the club.

Out of curiosity, who would you call prem favourites ?

I don’t know if I’d consider them favourites either. I just don’t think you could ask for a much better roster built around what was already at the club.

Out of curiosity, who would you call prem favourites ?
In 2019 I thought Souths were headed for some serious trouble if they didn't act quickly. GI, Sutton and S. Burgess had very little time left (less than I originally thought as well) and they needed to move quickly. To their credit, Souths were able to make it happen and looked to be playing some of their best football in the back-end. I'm just wary because they were such a patchy team in 2020.

As always I think Melbourne and Sydney will be the teams to beat. They've got the best systems in the game and they'll continue to give themselves a shot as long as they remain ahead of the competition.

I think Canberra are getting very close to putting themselves in that company. I like the look of their forward pack, especially with Horsburgh and Guler to return.

Penrith are the popular pick and for good reason, but I want to see if they can establish a roll-on like last year. They had a lot go their way last season and it wasn't that long ago that they fell completely to pieces. I'm very curious to see how they'll go replacing Tamou and Tetevano.

Panthers imo will take some beating
Question their middles now Tetevano and Tamou are gone. Feel they should have kept Heatherington around.

Not huge players in terms of minutes played but definitely pack leaders. Guys like Leota and Leniu will have to step up into those roles and have a big impact. Eisenhuth was a free agent for a reason. If they were to lose JFH or Yeo it could be serious trouble.

Staines is a massive prospect but he's a slight figure. I always felt Mansour's role was underrated at Penrith as you could pretty much bank on 100m+ a game from his carries. Unless To'o picks up that slack it may cost them.

That Souths team is scary on paper. As always their season will depend on the fitness and form of Reynolds.

My prediction for the Panthers is they wont make top 4.
My prediction is similar if the NRL decide to crack down on play the balls having to touch the foot and having four players standing in front of the kicker on the last tackle. My guess is the Broncos will attempt to copy the Panthers game plan in round one and the NRL will promptly introduce rules against it.

My prediction is similar if the NRL decide to crack down on play the balls having to touch the foot and having four players standing in front of the kicker on the last tackle. My guess is the Broncos will attempt to copy the Panthers game plan in round one and the NRL will promptly introduce rules against it.
This. So much of their momentum was on the back of the pommie style play the ball. It just allows the ruck to function with hardly a stutter or error .
Melb are my team to struggle to make top 4.
We've all been waiting a while to see how the go without C Smith .
Who had the greater influence on their results, Smith or Bellamy.??

This. So much of their momentum was on the back of the pommie style play the ball. It just allows the ruck to function with hardly a stutter or error .
Melb are my team to struggle to make top 4.
We've all been waiting a while to see how the go without C Smith .
Who had the greater influence on their results, Smith or Bellamy.??
I'd say CS9 had more of an influence, but H.Grant is quite a handy replacement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.