NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
James Roberts has signed a two year deal with Wests Tigers. How long until Madge kills him?

James Roberts has signed a two year deal with Wests Tigers. How long until Madge kills him?
Surely they’ve gone over Madge’s head for this one..

Last edited:
It smells of desperation from the Wests Tigers. They missed out on Addo-Carr so they went out and signed the next fastest player. Unless they plan to release Leilua or switch Roberts into the wing position it seems like a waste of money.

Brisbane, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Newcastle, North Queensland and the Warriors would have all been better options for the Jet.

the CM is reporting that Roberts will be on 150k at the Tigers next season

It's difficult to believe he's only being paid above minimum wage, especially when I'm sure there's better clubs out there who would take the punt on that sort of deal.

However if that's the case that's more understandable. He's essentially a depth player on that price and if he gives you six good games you've gotten your value for money.

Last edited:
He’s been to so many clubs now, he’ll have to look down at the shirt he has on when he arrives at the ground to know which dressing shed to enter.

You’re right though; the way Madge is, you’d have to think it’s 6 months at most before he’s looking for yet another club.

Super League (can he take Milf and Offa with him?) would probably be his best / only remaining option.

Last edited:
Souths should never have been allowed to walk away from their responsibility with Jimmy. They signed him well and truly knowing his issues, they should have had to support him when times got tough rather than bail so they could use the cash somewhere else IMO.

The NRL are just as much at fault for allowing Souths to do it.

Souths should never have been allowed to walk away from their responsibility with Jimmy. They signed him well and truly knowing his issues, they should have had to support him when times got tough rather than bail so they could use the cash somewhere else IMO.

The other side of the coin though is good on Souths for putting in necessary clauses in a contract, something the worst team in league has hopefully learned from.

It’s been reported that south’s have agreed to continue to provide thousands of dollars worth of psychological supports even after he leaves

unless they are sacking him shouldnt they be up for the difference between the two contracts?

It’s been reported that south’s have agreed to continue to provide thousands of dollars worth of psychological supports even after he leaves
And so they should, how they support him properly while he is employed at/plays at another club is a bit questionable.

And so they should, how they support him properly while he is employed at/plays at another club is a bit questionable.
This is probably a continuity of care thing. If so that is good. I don't care about cap implications if it is a wellbeing service. I hope James Roberts can hold it together and finish his career well. Good luck to him at the Tigers

The CM just got me with a click bait headline: this was the headline:

Fa'asuamaleaui and Haas sign on for Titans.

turns out it was their younger brothers. from what i'm reading Haas is attending one of the Titans aligned schools Keebra Park

Last edited:
The CM just got me with a click bait headline: this was the headline:

Fa'asuamaleaui and Haas sign on for Titans.

turns out it was their younger brothers. from what i'm reading Haas is attending one of the Titans aligned schools Keebra Park

We should have signed him afterall we've got his big brother it shouldn't have been too hard to get him.
It wouldn't have been a risk as he would only be on pin money.
Looks like another one our recruitment department has missed.

We should have signed him afterall we've got his big brother it shouldn't have been too hard to get him.
Should we sign someone just because we have his brother? Or have you actually seen him play?

It's easy to pile on when things aren't going well, however it does seem like the recruiting and pipeline at the Broncs is performing very poorly. Not only aren't we attracting up and coming and top tier NRL talent we seem to have no super league or oceana upcoming stars making their mark (Fiji, Islander, PNG), just judging this based on how clubs like Canberra and Melbourne are doing in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Johnny92
  • Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrMoore
  • Mister Wright
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.