NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulldogs might actually have an interesting back line in 2022 if they land JAC.

1. Will Hopoate
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. Jake Averillo
4. Nick Cotric
5. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
6. Matt Burton
7. Kyle Flanagan

Not the worst.

It is good for the now and massive upside for the future.

It is interesting no matter how much you try and level the playing field you still get haves and have nots. It's really animal farm, played out on the sporting field. Always will be.

I am ok with this.

What I don't like and something that could be fixed is the bog boring structure of a top 8 which is in effect a top 4 anyway. Some promotion, relegation, or even playing for draft picks would give some interest to all of the supporters outside of the top tier teans
Relegation wouldn’t work. Could you imagine the tv ratings next year without the Broncos in the competition?

Relegation wouldn’t work. Could you imagine the tv ratings next year without the Broncos in the competition?
Yeah and just imagine the NRL having to find two other teams to play every Friday night.

Yes, look at this year, the Broncos weren't in the competition already.

If we were facing relegation i'm sure the board would've pulled the trigger early on Seibold.

I would love to see a promotion/relegation system in the NRL but I just don't see how it's feasible at all. Most of the NRL clubs can't even stay afloat with all the cash they're given as it is, imagine if they get cut off from the grants because they're now second tier? Once you got relegated, that'd be the end of the club lol.

Yeah, I bet lots of players have second accounts in the Bahallamas
Doesn't need to be anything even remotely that complex.

$50k in cash is peanuts for the kind of people that publicly and privately back football clubs. A player with $50k in cash is effectively getting what would have been nearly $100k on the books with tax etc.

It doesn't even have to be cash. A friendly car dealer letting you take a very long test drive of a new car for a month at a time. No agent's fees on your next property transaction. A holiday booking paid for by someone else that you just happened to get the tickets transferred to you for because they couldn't go. Sadly, drugs are probably a big part of it. Then there is everyone's favourite open secret, betting stupid amounts of money on sinking your next putt, that a certain Club Chairman has just the most darndest bad luck with losing.

Last edited:
Josh Reynolds likely heading to the UK according to nrl.com, looks like they’ll have a bit of cash to throw at any stars who come off contract as well, namely Grant.

Josh Reynolds likely heading to the UK according to nrl.com, looks like they’ll have a bit of cash to throw at any stars who come off contract as well, namely Grant.

Grant isn't coming on the market any time soon

Widdop perhaps ?

Imagine releasing a player and then having money to sign another good player, that sounds amazing.

Me three. He'll struggle to get another job after the mess he has left at Brisbane, so why wouldn't he just keep extending himself?
Yep, we need Donaghy here ASAP because at this point he will need to drag White out of his office so he can start fixing this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• davidp
  • Hurrijo
  • Johnny92
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • broncotville
  • Skyblues87
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.