NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titans could partner Sexton with Fogarty, that would be the experienced campaigner and the young half together. Good mix. Sexton improves every week.
They also still have the possibility of retaining Taylor and then of course they still have Tanah Boyd on their roster too. Their 5/8 role is definitely up for grabs but at least they're one of the few clubs that can probably use someone they already have on their books to fill that void.

I think it's becoming more and more evident that Fogarty-Taylor isn't good enough as a halves pairing and the Titans have known it for some time. I think they'll offer AT unders in the hopes he sticks around but won't be too bothered if another club takes him. Their priority has to be a decent 9 rather than matching offers to keep Ash.

SJ, Moses and Arey hold all the cards in this deck. Won't be shocked if Moses stays where he is, Arey ends up at the Sharks and the whole merry-go-round turns into a bidding war for SJ.

Rabbits, Dragons and Titans all theoretically shouldn't have the cash for SJ on the open market. That leaves us and the Tigers as the options.

Knights are an interesting one as I'm unsure about the state of their cap. They have some promising players like Crossland and Hoy coming through so not sure they'd be after an SJ-type or have the funds. They already have a couple injury prone spine players too.

I could see a few of these clubs being interested in Milford, particularly the Dragons, Titans, Knights and Sharks - for the right price and paired correctly he'd be a good pick up.

At this rate we just have to hope we can outbid everyone else for SJ/Arey/Moses and pray that it's enough.

I think it's becoming more and more evident that Fogarty-Taylor isn't good enough as a halves pairing and the Titans have known it for some time. I think they'll offer AT unders in the hopes he sticks around but won't be too bothered if another club takes him. Their priority has to be a decent 9 rather than matching offers to keep Ash.

SJ, Moses and Arey hold all the cards in this deck. Won't be shocked if Moses stays where he is, Arey ends up at the Sharks and the whole merry-go-round turns into a bidding war for SJ.

Rabbits, Dragons and Titans all theoretically shouldn't have the cash for SJ on the open market. That leaves us and the Tigers as the options.

Knights are an interesting one as I'm unsure about the state of their cap. They have some promising players like Crossland and Hoy coming through so not sure they'd be after an SJ-type or have the funds. They already have a couple injury prone spine players too.

I could see a few of these clubs being interested in Milford, particularly the Dragons, Titans, Knights and Sharks - for the right price and paired correctly he'd be a good pick up.

At this rate we just have to hope we can outbid everyone else for SJ/Arey/Moses and pray that it's enough.
The Knights already have Clifford coming there. The interesting part for them is what they do with Kurt Mann who's done a very solid job in that 5/8 role since he got it and honestly does not deserve to be the odd man out. Brisbane should be paying attention to his situation very closesly.

I agree that Moses likely stays put. I'd be surprised if he isn't the next card to get played. That leaves SJ and Reynolds on the market, as premium options, but I also think Luke Brooks will likely end up on the market too and I could see him ending up at a club like Cronulla who may prefer to retain Johnson on big money and look for a discount way to partner him rather than breaking the bank of Reynolds.

That makes the Tigers a possibility for Reynolds as they could definitely afford him with Brooks huge salary off the books. Reynolds would obviously see that as pretty tempting too if it meant he could stay in Sydney.

The Knights already have Clifford coming there. The interesting part for them is what they do with Kurt Mann who's done a very solid job in that 5/8 role since he got it and honestly does not deserve to be the odd man out. Brisbane should be paying attention to his situation very closesly.

I agree that Moses likely stays put. I'd be surprised if he isn't the next card to get played. That leaves SJ and Reynolds on the market, as premium options, but I also think Luke Brooks will likely end up on the market too and I could see him ending up at a club like Cronulla who may prefer to retain Johnson on big money and look for a discount way to partner him rather than breaking the bank of Reynolds.

That makes the Tigers a possibility for Reynolds as they could definitely afford him with Brooks huge salary off the books. Reynolds would obviously see that as pretty tempting too if it meant he could stay in Sydney.
Totally forgot about Clifford, not surprising given how irrelevant he's been.

Can definitely see Brooks on the market and the Tigers getting ARey. A combination of Deouhi-Reynolds would actually be quite good and I agree that Reynolds will want to stay in Sydney.

Brooks-SJ would be a disaster waiting to happen but probably good fun to watch. Seems very sideways going from Chad to Brooks.

While I agree Mann has been solid I'm not sure the Knights will be that bothered if he goes. He's one I could very well see ending up at Red Hill, although I'm not convinced his future is at 5/8.

Totally forgot about Clifford, not surprising given how irrelevant he's been.

Can definitely see Brooks on the market and the Tigers getting ARey. A combination of Deouhi-Reynolds would actually be quite good and I agree that Reynolds will want to stay in Sydney.

Brooks-SJ would be a disaster waiting to happen but probably good fun to watch. Seems very sideways going from Chad to Brooks.

While I agree Mann has been solid I'm not sure the Knights will be that bothered if he goes. He's one I could very well see ending up at Red Hill, although I'm not convinced his future is at 5/8.

He is a solid option as a back up five-eighth but he is a really good option as a stop gap 9, centre, lock or second row. He is at worst the perfect 14 at best an ideal centre, he also seems no fuss and would be relatively cheap. I'd snap him up if I were the Broncos.

He is a solid option as a back up five-eighth but he is a really good option as a stop gap 9, centre, lock or second row. He is at worst the perfect 14 at best an ideal centre, he also seems no fuss and would be relatively cheap. I'd snap him up if I were the Broncos.
He's run rings around Milford over the last two years for a fraction of the price. If we had someone like him contributing every week we'd be in a far healthier state right now.

Yeah I don't think Sharks can afford ARey and SJ... even though they have a ton of cap space available next year

Rumour around SJ and the sharks is that they're wanting to sign him on the cheap, like $400k or so. Guessing that's so they can sign ARey on the big money and partner him with SJ.

That kind of reduction in price is how far Milf and ATay have dropped, but not SJ after one injury. I think SJ is still worth the $800k or so that he is asking for. Not sure SJ and Brooks would be a good partnership though.

Hastings is going to the Tigers, isn’t he?

isn't it interesting that since moose has left the cowboys they win 3 straights and since joining St George they loose 2 in a row

How far has Ash Taylor fallen.....?

Could he resurrect his career at Brisbane? Taylor & Milford....?
Going by the reactions......I'm mistaken.

I know Taylor has been shit for the Titans....but he can put games together. He's going alright currently....

I know they are both similar on & off the field....ie lazy *****.

Both on their day can win you games on their own. Taylor can steer a team around and has a great kick (goal kicking too....means we can **** Idroppo off). I'm remembering him saying he would one day like to go back to the Broncos......

Perhaps under Kev, two wrongs (Taylor & Milford) might make a right?

We're in deep shit.....we need to start looking outside the box

homer simpson episode 10 GIF

Going by the reactions......I'm mistaken.

I know Taylor has been shit for the Titans....but he can put games together. He's going alright currently....

I know they are both similar on & off the field....ie lazy *****.

Both on their day can win you games on their own. Taylor can steer a team around and has a great kick (goal kicking too....means we can **** Idroppo off). I'm remembering him saying he would one day like to go back to the Broncos......

Perhaps under Kev, two wrongs (Taylor & Milford) might make a right?

We're in deep shit.....we need to start looking outside the box

homer simpson episode 10 GIF
Nothing wrong with the idea of Taylor returning. He's been going far better than Milford for the past 12 months. He's a much more complete package now. He's been playing for a bottom dwelling team for a long time and he's not been solely responsible for the position the Titans found themselves in. I like Taylor a lot. We would definitely be a better team with him and even Croft as a partner.

Nothing wrong with the idea of Taylor returning. He's been going far better than Milford for the past 12 months. He's a much more complete package now. He's been playing for a bottom dwelling team for a long time and he's not been solely responsible for the position the Titans found themselves in. I like Taylor a lot. We would definitely be a better team with him and even Croft as a partner.

ATay and ARey together? (Someone is going to blow their top hehe)

ATay and ARey together? (Someone is going to blow their top hehe)
Both are game managers......

7. Taylor
6. Milford
Is a better mix......
I continue to have some faith that Milford will return to a level that's acceptable in first grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Jedhead
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • IceWorks
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ostin86
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.