NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is too much risk associated with bringing Taylor in as a game managing half.

He hasn't done it for like 2-3yrs and the last time he was required to do it he went on a downward spiral, lost confidence, dropped to reserve grade and was probably close to giving the game away.

There is a massive risk as to whether he can actually do it again, in a basket case of a team, and can he do it over several years.

If we're spending money on recruits they need to be known commodities rather than project players and potential.

It's why people on the forum want Reynolds, Capewell, Opa, etc. you know what you're getting so you know what you're paying for.
Exactly why I said can't see you risking it unless you missed out on the perceived frontrunners on the forum. Last resort sort of deal.

Everyone desperately suggesting potential half pairings, even seemingly compromising with God (“I’m not greedy, please God, I’d even take Taylor / Milford”)...we will get a halves pairing of Karmichael and Billy Walters and everyone just needs to deal with it.

Everyone desperately suggesting potential half pairings, even seemingly compromising with God (“I’m not greedy, please God, I’d even take Taylor / Milford”)...we will get a halves pairing of Karmichael and Billy Walters and everyone just needs to deal with it.
If they can follow a game plan for more than one game i couldnt care what there names are,the penrith game showed that they can hang when one of the halves follows what is asked of them just need to be able to do it consistently and maybe a little more class to ice the close games.

"The Cronulla Sharks are closing in on landing the signature of Adam Reynolds with incoming coach Craig Fitzgibbon meeting with the South Sydney halfback in the last 48 hours. The Sharks football department is preparing to table Reynolds a three-year deal through until the end of 2024 valued at around the $2.4 million mark."

"The Cronulla Sharks are closing in on landing the signature of Adam Reynolds with incoming coach Craig Fitzgibbon meeting with the South Sydney halfback in the last 48 hours. The Sharks football department is preparing to table Reynolds a three-year deal through until the end of 2024 valued at around the $2.4 million mark."
The Sharks were always the most obvious choice and once Chad was pushed out you could read between the lines that this was all but done.

We could always throw even more money at him and hope it sticks but at what point is it not worth it anymore.

SJ would help but he isn’t the game manager we need. Moses would be decent but not ideal. after him we basically need to somehow score DCE.

If we miss out from all of this we are in for the same thing again next year.

Kev only has a 2 year contract. If we are at the bottom of the table again next season I think the club will punt him. He better think of something.

The Sharks were always the most obvious choice and once Chad was pushed out you could read between the lines that this was all but done.

We could always throw even more money at him and hope it sticks but at what point is it not worth it anymore.

SJ would help but he isn’t the game manager we need. Moses would be decent but not ideal. after him we basically need to somehow score DCE.

If we miss out from all of this we are in for the same thing again next year.

Kev only has a 2 year contract. If we are at the bottom of the table again next season I think the club will punt him. He better think of something.
Who the hell do we replace Kevvie with if this all go's balls up again?
I kind of want the club to stick with KW for a few years so he can reorganize the roster and get some players he wants into the side.
Kevvies is a legit Bronco and a Queenslander, and anyone short of Bennet returning would be a step backwards i reckon.

Even if we get another spoon under Kevvie, we have to put our support solidly behind our blokes, because if anything the past 2 seasons has taught us, is that chopping and changing at the drop of a hat has got us nowhere fast.

Who the hell do we replace Kevvie with if this all go's balls up again?
I kind of want the club to stick with KW for a few years so he can reorganize the roster and get some players he wants into the side.
Kevvies is a legit Bronco and a Queenslander, and anyone short of Bennet returning would be a step backwards i reckon.

Even if we get another spoon under Kevvie, we have to put our support solidly behind our blokes, because if anything the past 2 seasons has taught us, is that chopping and changing at the drop of a hat has got us nowhere fast.

I don’t think sacking Kev is necessarily a good idea, unless everything some how gets even worse, I just don’t think the club wanted him in the first place and won’t extend him unless he really forces their hands.

I was always of mind that we offered him $850K per year and that extra $150 plus the lucrative advertising opportunities, plus the lower coast of living might easily be sold to him as an extra $3-400K on the deal. If nothing else it pushes the Sharks budget to the very limit as they'd need to match it. This is one occasion where I don't mind us being used to bump up a player's value.

Being honest i think I'd be just about done with the Broncos if they end up signing SJ. he's just not what we need and he is so injury prone. Surely the English super league has one experienced half back that can game manage. I mean we have two of the Bronco's best ever halves on the coaching staff who could surely improve their game. Added to this we have a future immortal that would also be able to chip in some time and some game smarts to whoever we identify. But please not SJ.

The Broncos right now...

10F82020 37EA 4E7D B185 96536DFC8F99

Broncos should, right now, be publicly via the media and privately via player managers or whatever, offering Reynolds $1M/year for 3 years. And also publicly/privately stating that we are pulling out all stops to sign a million-dollar game manager if he stays in Sydney - looking at you, DCE.

We need to start applying pressure on the market, and at the very least bump up asking prices for other clubs. We are still a club that players want to come to, despite all the bullshit...we need to be using that as leverage. We will need to pay overs for a game managing half, so just fucking do it already. We're not in the position to be cheap, so go hard. Just about anyone can be bought if the price is right.

Broncos should, right now, be publicly via the media and privately via player managers or whatever, offering Reynolds $1M/year for 3 years. And also publicly/privately stating that we are pulling out all stops to sign a million-dollar game manager if he stays in Sydney - looking at you, DCE.

We need to start applying pressure on the market, and at the very least bump up asking prices for other clubs. We are still a club that players want to come to, despite all the bullshit...we need to be using that as leverage. We will need to pay overs for a game managing half, so just fucking do it already. We're not in the position to be cheap, so go hard. Just about anyone can be bought if the price is right.
I honestly don’t think we really are a club people want to come to anymore.

The romantic in me wants to still believe it’s true, but honestly, if you think really hard about it, there is virtually no actual evidence of it still being true in a really long time.

I think that time has passed us by and sadly, it may not come back for quite some time, if it does come back at all.

The romantic in me wants to still believe it’s true, but honestly, if you think really hard about it, there is virtually no actual evidence of it still being true in a really long time.

I think that time has passed us by and sadly, it may not come back for quite some time, if it does come back at all.

There was an article early last year from memory, I think the RLPA asked the players a bunch of questions about coaches, clubs, etc. There was a question along the lines of "If you had to leave your current club, which other club would you prefer to go to?" Broncos were still third, behind Storm and Rorters.

We might be a basket case at the moment...but we have the best facilities in the comp, perpetually one of the largest fan bases and get to play at a half-packed Suncorp regularly. Who'd rather live in Shitney than Brissy? These things are still drawcards even when we're shit everywhere else. Once this shit show turns around I think improvement could be rapid.

I hear you.......but I'm not prepared to accept it, just yet.

Our draw as you know has been fucked......its supposed to be getting a little easier. If we are still getting bashed around in a few games time.....and no sign of improvement whatsoever

yeah, the dream could be over.

I hear you.......but I'm not prepared to accept it, just yet.

Our draw as you know has been fucked......its supposed to be getting a little easier. If we are still getting bashed around in a few games time.....and no sign of improvement whatsoever

yeah, the dream could be over.
Sadly, we ARE the easy part of the draw these days.

There was an article early last year from memory, I think the RLPA asked the players a bunch of questions about coaches, clubs, etc. There was a question along the lines of "If you had to leave your current club, which other club would you prefer to go to?" Broncos were still third, behind Storm and Rorters.

We might be a basket case at the moment...but we have the best facilities in the comp, perpetually one of the largest fan bases and get to play at a half-packed Suncorp regularly. Who'd rather live in Shitney than Brissy? These things are still drawcards even when we're shit everywhere else. Once this shit show turns around I think improvement could be rapid.

Yeah...maybe they should ask that again now. That was pre-spoon and pre-potentially 2nd spoon.

Yeah...maybe they should ask that again now. That was pre-spoon and pre-potentially 2nd spoon.

wouldn't change ... we might even get a few more votes because Kevvie is now in charge instead of Seibold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • leon.bott
  • kiwibronco
  • Foordy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Santa
  • Redux
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.