NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holmes isn't going to last in the NFL.

You could see something coming, though. Ever since Barba signed with the Cowboys, any chance of Val signing with them was gone.

He only signed for 2019 though. The plan was to get Val for 2020.

Yeah I don't rate Dufty either, in terms of the young Fullbacks who just came in, Dylan Edwards is considerably better imo.
I also like the other young fullback penriff have as well, is it Caleb Aikens

Last edited:
I just remember something Gus was saying about the new breed of player and how they're ultra professional almost to a fault. Maybe it's just the way I read into what he was saying, but it seemed like the players now are more concerned about their image now more than ever and their own brand. It's no longer about the team, it's about being as marketable as possible so they can earn more money.

As Valentine said the other day, this 'burning desire' only dates back two years and it's more about challenging himself as an athlete. If he was seriously passionate about this desire, then surely he would have had some kind of background? This just strikes me as a business decision.

As you said Dex, he's reached the pinnacle of the NRL, so what more can he add to his profile? I can't blame him, if I was that talented I'd be making hay while the sun was shining, but I question whether he's thought this through.

Either way, it's certainly an interesting period for Rugby League. If Holmes happens to achieve more than Hayne, I wonder how many Australians and Kiwis begin looking at Gridiron as an alternative career path?

I dint think it matters when his desire started, as long as its real , but I dont give him much chance of success TBH.
Guys like him are everywhere in the NFL but he has certainly planned it well in terms of age and a fallback position if things dont go to plan.
He will know sooner than later if he can pick up a contract.

Last edited:
I dint think it matters when his desire started, as long as its real , but I dont give him much chance of success TBH.
Guys like him are everywhere in the NFL but he has certainly planned it well in terms of age and a fallback position if things dont go to plan.
He will know sooner than later if he can pick up a contract.

Fair enough, I'd just be more likely to believe he was genuinely interested in competing if there was more history. His interest stemming from a trial that was organised by his management two years ago certainly has me suspicious.

The other part of this situation that interests me is if Valentine Holmes does return, will he be the same player? Or will he be a mere shadow, like Hayne was?

Fair enough, I'd just be more likely to believe he was genuinely interested in competing if there was more history. His interest stemming from a trial that was organised by his management two years ago certainly has me suspicious.

The other part of this situation that interests me is if Valentine Holmes does return, will he be the same player? Or will he be a mere shadow, like Hayne was?

I very much agree with this, and while he is an elite athlete he is a dime a dozen over there. There are 1000’s of undrafted Valentine Holmes, in fact in key metrics for the positions he would be suited for he is behind decently.

I mean the guys that don’t make it grow up living and breathing the sport, whereas you his interest seems to have come after a few games of madden and some trials.

Klemmer has signed with the Knights and Napa has signed with the Bulldogs. People are saying the Roosters now have a lot of cap space to sign someone like Taupau but Napa and Taupaus contract sizes wouldn’t even be close. Napa’s last contract wasn’t a big one

Don't worry, the Roosters will find a way to sign Taupau or SBW.

(The SBW thing used to be a gee up, but now they can probably actually do it)

Surely the knights are out of cap space now. They have some pretty big contracts in Pearce, Klemmer, Ponga, Guerra, & Glasby on their books. Klemmer is a good pick up even for his price. He is one of the most damaging forwards in the game with regards to metres.

Klemmer has signed with the Knights and Napa has signed with the Bulldogs. People are saying the Roosters now have a lot of cap space to sign someone like Taupau but Napa and Taupaus contract sizes wouldn’t even be close. Napa’s last contract wasn’t a big one

ZT shows Napa's contract to have been $700k.

Everyone's guessing tbf. I can't imagine it being 700k though and if it is, surely not all under the cap.

When a Roosters player still plays for them, salary = x/4
When the same Roosters player is released, salary = x*4

Shaun Johnson has asked for a release from the remainder of his contract. 4 teams apparently after him and we aren’t one of them (if you believe the media).

Shaun Johnson has asked for a release from the remainder of his contract. 4 teams apparently after him and we aren’t one of them (if you believe the media).
So in reality only one then.

Sharks and Raiders are being thrown around. The knights will probably throw something at him too haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • bazza
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • johnny plath
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fozz
  • levikaden
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.