NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say CS9 had more of an influence, but H.Grant is quite a handy replacement.
Absolutely. It will be interesting to see if he has the vision, composure and time Smith had.

It's a case of I'll believe it when I see it with Melbourne. How many years has it been now that they've been expected to crash down to earth only to reassert themselves as competition heavyweights?
you can only assume that when Bellyache finishes up they must slow down...surely.

Last edited:
Still can't believe we didn't go hard after Allan, watch the highlights and look who is always backing up, creating plays, finishing plays...and just generally loitering:

Still can't believe we didn't go hard after Allan, watch the highlights and look who is always backing up, creating plays, finishing plays...and just generally loitering:

I'm a Allan fan but for his asking price I'm happy we didn't. Of course time will only tell but I want a superstar spine player not a above average one.

I'm a Allan fan but for his asking price I'm happy we didn't. Of course time will only tell but I want a superstar spine player not a above average one.

That is a fair point and I can understand the reluctance to spend on him. That said, if it was $400k, I think it was worth the risk.

Hypothetically, what would you think of this had it happened:

1. Allan
6. Milford (on a HEAVILY reduced contract)
7. Dearden
9. B.Smith

I do hold out hope Walsh is the gun fullback we are banking on, in the limited vision of him I've seen (and it is limited), he looks good but nowhere near ready.

That is a fair point and I can understand the reluctance to spend on him. That said, if it was $400k, I think it was worth the risk.

Hypothetically, what would you think of this had it happened:

1. Allan
6. Milford (on a HEAVILY reduced contract)
7. Dearden
9. B.Smith

I do hold out hope Walsh is the gun fullback we are banking on, in the limited vision of him I've seen (and it is limited), he looks good but nowhere near ready.
It wouldn't be the worst spine but there's alot off questions surrounding each player in that spine.
I'm also hopeful that Walsh can step up , I think he is similar to Allan but not sure if he has the hands like him from what I've seen.

Not sold on Allan yet for bigish money. He does some great things in attack at times but looking at the abuse Darius got for his defence i reckon it wouldnt be long before Allan copped the same critisicm for his. Very lazy and passive at times, its something he really needs to work on.

you can only assume that when Bellyache finishes up they must slow down...surely.
I haven't heard if Cam Smith has announced his retirement as yet, I still reckon he may play on and end up replacing Bellamy as head coach in 2022, with Bellamy fly in fly out coaching director, just my thoughts

I don't think his asking price was that far from reasonable. He's also likely to have come here for a little less than he might have been able to get elsewhere, so it's not to say we couldn't have got a better deal than the Bulldogs did.

I don't think his asking price was that far from reasonable. He's also likely to have come here for a little less than he might have been able to get elsewhere, so it's not to say we couldn't have got a better deal than the Bulldogs did.

pure speculation based on nothing that I can see.

pure speculation based on nothing that I can see.
So you genuinely think the Broncos, not only his former club but also the same one based in the city that he was born and raised in and all his family and friends live in, not to mention a city with a significantly lower cost of living and housing generally, would really have to match or beat the offer that any club in Sydney put on the table if we wanted to be a chance?

If you're honestly this hopeless at recognising your strategic advantages in a situation like this then it's little wonder you're such an avid admirer of a complete spud like Paul White.

Last edited:
So you genuinely think the Broncos, not only his former club but also the same one based in the city that he was born and raised in and all his family and friends live in, not to mention a city with a significantly lower cost of living and housing generally, would really have to match or beat the offer that any club in Sydney put on the table if we wanted to be a chance?

If you're honestly this hopeless at recognising your strategic advantages in a situation like this then it's little wonder you're such an avid admirer of a complete spud like Paul White.

depends on the player ... some players are simply mercenaries that take the highest dollar offer, without considering any other factor.

It's not 20 years ago when players would take smaller offers to play for us.

all i've got to go on is the reports from when he was around here that he demanding regular first grader money as a fringe player. not to mention the reports of him having a poor attitude.

unless we could get him for exactly what he was on at Souths (which i highly doubt), then it was a smart decision to pass on him, especially since he doesn't offer us any more than what Isaako or Nui would once competently coached. we need to stop paying on potential and start paying on performance.

i won't even bring White into this because i'd honestly have a more intelligent conversation talking to a brick wall

depends on the player ... some players are simply mercenaries that take the highest dollar offer, without considering any other factor.

It's not 20 years ago when players would take smaller offers to play for us.

all i've got to go on is the reports from when he was around here that he demanding regular first grader money as a fringe player. not to mention the reports of him having a poor attitude.

unless we could get him for exactly what he was on at Souths (which i highly doubt), then it was a smart decision to pass on him, especially since he doesn't offer us any more than what Isaako or Nui would once competently coached. we need to stop paying on potential and start paying on performance.

i won't even bring White into this because i'd honestly have a more intelligent conversation talking to a brick wall
So let me get this straight, your argument is that we should pass on the guy who just competently played Fullback during Origin and a successful finals campaign for his club this year and stick with either the guy who's just had two absolutely awful seasons on the Wing and another guy who played a handful of first grade games, mostly in cameo roles off the Bench, who I presume you've never watched for even a moment outside of those limited minutes of NRL, and you're basing this decision on us needing to 'pay on performance, not on potential' :rofl

I'm not suggesting he's elite, or that he's even a gun at this stage, but to not see him as well in front of both Isaako and Niu at this point, both on performances AND on potential, is simply not living in reality.

Last edited:

Well I guess we now know how you feel about White, welcome on board mate. Hehe

So let me get this straight, your argument is that we should pass on the guy who just competently played Fullback during Origin and a successful finals campaign for his club this year and stick with either the guy who's just had two absolutely awful seasons on the Wing and another guy who played a handful of first grade games, mostly in cameo roles off the Bench, who I presume you've never watched for even a moment outside of those limited minutes of NRL, and you're basing this decision on us needing to 'pay on performance, not on potential' :rofl

my opinion is that he has never shown anything special in his stint at fullback so far.
my opinion is that his asking price was too high and probably due to him Bradburying his way into a QLD jumper
my opinion is that he is nothing more than a stop gap option at fullback for us
my opinion is that BHQ only want to sign him out of desperation to see signings for the sake of making signings
my opinion is that BHQ would start whinging about us signing him, if it costs us a better option next season, especially if he fails to live up to the hype.

Well I guess we now know how you feel about White, welcome on board mate. Hehe
His thoughts on Paul White's tenure are well known. They even even have a meme for it, and @Foordy just might be the single most appropriate thing it's ever been associated with:

05onfire1 xp articleLarge v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • Brocko
  • jd87
  • Organix
  • Dash
  • RolledOates
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Sproj
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncosgirl
  • Culhwch
  • Battler
  • Galah
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.