NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish they would sack bird too and then we wouldn’t have to pay him for the rest of the year.

Why do i get the feeling we would still have to pay for him

I hadn't thought about it, but I wonder what wording is in there regarding Broncos' payments to a player that has since gone on to break clauses under the contract.

Bird has brought the game into disrepute due to his role in the party... the dragons are happy to keep him on because he's a good player and they're getting him cheap, but I wonder how the agreement is worded in regards to the broncos having to pay him.

Is there still some sort of obligation from Bird back to the Broncos where we could say... "hey he brought the game into disrepute we think his existing contract should be torn up... he had a contract with us which we were happy to honour even though he's playing at the dragons, but he has broken clauses associated with that contract and should no longer be entitled to the money associated with it"

He can keep getting paid by the dragons, but we are also a party within his contract and should be able to pull our funding, because he fucked up in regards to the terms he signed with us.

according to NRL.com, the Titans are considering re-signing Peachey and play him in the halves to partner Fogarty.
If that is true and we have room for next year wouldnt be against throwing ash taylor a life line wouldnt be a bad back up if he can get his body right.

according to NRL.com, the Titans are considering re-signing Peachey and play him in the halves to partner Fogarty.

1. Campbell
6. Brimson
7. Fogarty

I'm relatively certain that'll be how they run out next season

Ash, every day of the week and twice on sunday.
If you are happy with your team continuing to make up the numbers in the bottom 8, sure.

Taylor is Milford Lite, both he and Titans will benefit from a change from each other.

Taylor or Peachey though, not sure it really changes anything for you in terms of getting close to the top teams, let alone a premiership...

You've got Sexton coming through right @The Don? Would Peachey just be a stop gap until he's ready and then Peachey can always revert to the backrow. It isn't a great plan when they probably could Taylor for the same amount but it isn't totally illogical or as mentioned above, just throw Brimson in there and let Campbell develop at 1.

You've got Sexton coming through right @The Don? Would Peachey just be a stop gap until he's ready and then Peachey can always revert to the backrow. It isn't a great plan when they probably could Taylor for the same amount but it isn't totally illogical or as mentioned above, just throw Brimson in there and let Campbell develop at 1.

I'm not sure why they would re-sign Peachey to play half IF they've done what Badel says and re-signed Sexton on a 500k a season deal (until end of 2024) ... not to mention they have Brimson and Campbell

Yeah, from what I hear he's been our form half in QCUP just needs some work defensively. I reckon this Peachey stuff is just his manager trying to drum up interest to be honest. We've played him at 5/8 at some point before and he was useless. I just wouldn't understand signing him as a 5/8 over Taylor. An injury to Fogarty next year without re-signing Ash just lands us in a deep hole.

It's a bit of a weird one the Campbell/Brimson conundrum though. Some would like to see Campbell developed as a 5/8 as he's shown some decent short kicking etc. Good problem to have I guess.

Yeah, from what I hear he's been our form half in QCUP just needs some work defensively. I reckon this Peachey stuff is just his manager trying to drum up interest to be honest. We've played him at 5/8 at some point before and he was useless. I just wouldn't understand signing him as a 5/8 over Taylor. An injury to Fogarty next year without re-signing Ash just lands us in a deep hole.

It's a bit of a weird one the Campbell/Brimson conundrum though. Some would like to see Campbell developed as a 5/8 as he's shown some decent short kicking etc. Good problem to have I guess.

Yeah Campbell looks promising from the very limited Q Cup vision I've seen of him. As you said, nice problem to have with Sexton looking a lower level stand out as well. Those two + Brimson look a good nucleus to build around, just need to figure out which position is best for which and man, you guys need a 9 so desperately but no idea who it will be.

Yeah Campbell looks promising from the very limited Q Cup vision I've seen of him. As you said, nice problem to have with Sexton looking a lower level stand out as well. Those two + Brimson look a good nucleus to build around, just need to figure out which position is best for which and man, you guys need a 9 so desperately but no idea who it will be.
Yep, half the teams in the comp could use a decent 9 though. I am at least liking how Erin Clark seems to be improving each week in contrast to Rein where you knew what you were getting each week, but it was adequate at best. Supposedly we signed some gun junior Kiwi one recently and might have some other junior 9s coming through, although, I can't personally say how good they are. Hopefully Clark can be that stop gap until they come through or I can dream about B Smith like everyone else.

Better yet I believe you guys have a "McCullough" coming through for us?

Yep, half the teams in the comp could use a decent 9 though. I am at least liking how Erin Clark seems to be improving each week in contrast to Rein where you knew what you were getting each week, but it was adequate at best. Supposedly we signed some gun junior Kiwi one recently and might have some other junior 9s coming through, although, I can't personally say how good they are. Hopefully Clark can be that stop gap until they come through or I can dream about B Smith like everyone else.

Better yet I believe you guys have a "McCullough" coming through for us?

Yes...you are welcome to Turpin.

SMH reporting the the Bulldogs have opened discussions with Dufty. there are also discussions with the Dragons possible swap deal with Hopoate for this season

SMH reporting the the Bulldogs have opened discussions with Dufty. there are also discussions with the Dragons possible swap deal with Hopoate for this season
Shhiiiiiit that'd be like 4-5 fullbacks or potential fullbacks they've signed in 2yrs !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • mystico
  • Santa
  • jd87
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Griffo
  • Xzei
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • barker
  • whykickamoocow
  • Aldo
  • Fatboy
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.