NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finucane off to the Sharks on a four yr deal..

So, I guess Bellamy will once again drag some vagrant out of an industrial bin in the boondocks of Bray Park and turn him into Arthur Beetson with a twist of Gorden Tallis and a pinch Brad Clyde by March 2022..

FFS…

this Finucane must be shit ... because apparently Bellamy doesn't lose players he want to keep 😛

this Finucane must be shit ... because apparently Bellamy doesn't lose players he want to keep 😛

Maybe boats are on back order at the moment and he didn't want to wait........

Brent Read reporting that the Warriors have actually contacted the Roosters and informed them they'll be making a play at Joey Manu on November 1. (he's not off contract until end of 2022)

Fox Sports say the offer will be $1 million a season

Brent Read says:

“It is interesting because there have been some stories lately that the Roosters are desperate to tie Joey Manu down,” Read said on Triple M’s The Rush Hour with MG & Liam.

“He has got one year left on his deal from November 1, which means from November 1 he can start talking to other clubs.

“Someone from the Warriors has already reached out to the Roosters and said out of respect for you and your club we are letting you know right now. We are going to have a red hot go and Joey Manu from November 1.

“This was before the Warriors signed Reece Walsh because they were looking at Joey Manu as a fullback.

“But I understand they are still very keen on Joey Manu. They will look to play him at five-eighth in the No.6 jersey.

“I would imagine the offer for Joey Manu is going to be in the seven figure bracket. He is about to become the game’s next million dollar man.

“As I understand it the Warriors are willing to give him somewhere close to that.

“The Roosters have got a big fight on their hands in the next three months to try and tie Joey Manu down.

“If they can’t he is going to cop a massive offer from the Warriors.”

He's a gun centre and a gun fullback but I dunno how he'd go in the halves. Maybe he'll be a gun there too.
It could also be another one of those weird "move a player into 5/8th because they'll receive more ball" situations, like Broncos possibly with Staggs and also Hodges in the past.

Apparently the Roosters are just such nice guys you have to inform them of your plans now?

why warn uncle Nick and give him the chance to schedule another couple of golf games ... it's madness from the Warriors

RTS is ending his Warriors career effective immediately. due to the COVID travel bubble developments between Australia and NZ.

Club Statement:

“Roger Tuivasa-Sheck will finish his Vodafone Warriors career this week to enable him to return home before the government completely pauses its Covid-19 travel bubble with Australia for at least eight weeks,”

“We’re hugely sympathetic to Roger’s position,” said Vodafone Warriors CEO Cameron George.

“The government paused the travel bubble last week and announced it was giving New Zealanders seven days to return home. The reality is the border might be closed for more than eight weeks.

“Roger is going to rugby union with our blessing but if we require him to see out the rest of his contract he won’t be able to return home until at least the end of September and maybe a lot later. It would seriously impact on his ability to make his start in union and we wouldn’t want to see that happen.

“We were so excited about the chance of Roger being farewelled at Mount Smart Stadium on August 15. It would have been so fitting.

“It’s disappointing for everyone that there can’t be a better end to a wonderful career but these are the times we’re living in. Our hands are tied.”

He's a gun centre and a gun fullback but I dunno how he'd go in the halves. Maybe he'll be a gun there too.
It could also be another one of those weird "move a player into 5/8th because they'll receive more ball" situations, like Broncos possibly with Staggs and also Hodges in the past.
surely the move would be manu to fullback walsh to 6

Heard a couple of rumours regarding the Eels. Fergo back to the Rorters for next year. The surprising one is Manu to Parra to play fullback. Not sure where that would leave Gutho.

Heard a couple of rumours regarding the Eels. Fergo back to the Rorters for next year. The surprising one is Manu to Parra to play fullback. Not sure where that would leave Gutho.
I'd 100% take gutho. He is a grub sometimes but his attitude is fucking tremendous

Gutho is all attitude and heart. Exactly the sort of player who would turn culture around. I can't see Parra being dumb enough to let him go but I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I can't stand the guy at all and it will make me throw up a bit to support him but yeah, he would be a massive in for the Broncos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • mitch222
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • phoenix
  • MrTickyMcG
  • bert_lifts
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Johnny92
  • Behold
  • bazza
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Culhwch
  • mrslong
  • TimWhatley
  • Tim K
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncomax
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.