NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Storm have re-signed Paps on a 3 year extention worth $2 million (massive unders for him) now locked up until the end of 2025

also rumours Zac Lomax wants out of the Dragons. rumours started when he recently unfollowed the club on Instagram. he was one of the 2 that refused to sign the stat dec after the infamous BBQ
That is way below market value... storm salary cap shenanigans happening again I see

bit of a risk with how he went down last head knock could only take one more and he is done
Not anymore risky than any other player, and just ask the Roosters what happens if a player retires from concussion.

Paps is a million dollar fullback all day. At the very least high 800s. 650 is plain as day a fucking rort. BS. I would bet his manager would have called clubs to gauge value and plenty of clubs would have said "around the million mark for sure mate".

Could you imagine if we re-signed a player of that quality at that price….zero chance the nrl would let that happen he’s taken at minimum 250k unders MINIMUM!!!! Honestly week in week out the comp just throws more and more shade over its legitimacy.

At which case he will be medically retired and that amount will come off their cap.
Could go either way roosters got relief for cordner but not jake friend i dont know what conditions you have to meet

I respect Bellamy enormously but FMD I’m over his biannual saga of declaring he’s on the verge of giving up coaching or leaving Melbourne, then staying exactly where he is for another five years…

I don’t know, maybe I’m just bitter the bastard won’t come and coach Brisbane 😬

I don't. He might be one of the best at getting the most out of his players but his legacy will forever be marred by 2010, the introduction of the wrestle and him and Melbourne constantly finding ways to **** us over. He doesn't deserve respect imo. Same story with Cameron Smith.

Could you imagine if we re-signed a player of that quality at that price….zero chance the nrl would let that happen he’s taken at minimum 250k unders MINIMUM!!!! Honestly week in week out the comp just throws more and more shade over its legitimacy.

And of course the wide reporting about how good a signing this is for Melbourne, cultcha, etc.

I can understand why Papenhuyzen would sign low considering the head knocks and there's no guarantee of him playing beyond 2022. A guaranteed $2,000,000 versus the risk of copping one bad head knock and facing early retirement to me is a no brainer in his position.

However it does make a mockery of the salary cap when a player like Corey Allan is earning close to that amount at the Bulldogs and is already on the outer. To me it's one argument against the salary cap because it's meant to create this even playing field, but some teams are getting way more value than others.

I also think the subsidised contracts situation is farcical.

I would not be shocked at all to see Allan at the Broncos by the by.

I can understand why Papenhuyzen would sign low considering the head knocks and there's no guarantee of him playing beyond 2022. A guaranteed $2,000,000 versus the risk of copping one bad head knock and facing early retirement to me is a no brainer in his position.

However it does make a mockery of the salary cap when a player like Corey Allan is earning close to that amount at the Bulldogs and is already on the outer.

I would not be shocked at all to see Allan at the Broncos by the by.

Sure but every single player is at risk via head knocks, etc. There are no two ways about it, he has signed for possibly just over half what a desperate club would have offered. Imagine if we announced Haas re-signing for $650k, the media would tear us to shreds (I know, I know, there aren't head knocks as an issue there).

I'd be happy to get Allan back on a heavily subsidised deal, we could use him.

This argument makes no sense, because he could have gotten a guaranteed $3m at nearly 15 other clubs.

And of course the wide reporting about how good a signing this is for Melbourne, cultcha, etc.
Yeah I could imagine taking 100k off but we aren’t talking about 5% discount here! I bet there were at least three teams willing to give him 1mill. This shit is just a farce.

To top it off, it really does pay to attempt to cheat the cap win some comps, get them taken off you but keep the core, because WINNING CULTURE!!!

This argument makes no sense, because he could have gotten a guaranteed $3m at nearly 15 other clubs.
Wasn't off contract until at the end of next season and after his concussion history I can understand wanting security.

Yep absolutely bullshit.

If the salary is to be believed he's effectively said thanks but no thanks to at least an extra million dollars. Singing until 2025 at a club that is notorious for not letting players walk a day early even if it means keeping a father from his kids.

Wasn't off contract until at the end of next season and after his concussion history I can understand wanting security.
Yes but could have a signed sealed and delivered contract by Nov 1st this year for 3 million at least.

1 million dollars we're talking about here, I'd understand sacrificing 100-300k over 3 years, not a million plus. It reeks of Storm shenanigans.

Sure but every single player is at risk via head knocks, etc. There are no two ways about it, he has signed for possibly just over half what a desperate club would have offered. Imagine if we announced Haas re-signing for $650k, the media would tear us to shreds (I know, I know, there aren't head knocks as an issue there).

I'd be happy to get Allan back on a heavily subsidised deal, we could use him.
Not every player has his history of head knocks. After you suffer one at the severity he did the likelihood of career ending damage is far more severe.

Sure he could take his chances, wait until November 1 and try to dupe some club for a cool million or he can get it sorted now and stay at a club he clearly enjoys playing at.

Not every player has his history of head knocks. After you suffer one at the severity he did the likelihood of career ending damage is far more severe.

Sure he could take his chances, wait until November 1 and try to dupe some club for a cool million or he can get it sorted now and stay at a club he clearly enjoys playing at.
a club he enjoys playing at and wins at

Imo there are only 2 clubs that wouldn't be interested in him. The Rorters (they have Teddy) and the Sea Eagles (who have Turbo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • teampjta
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.