NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kent reporting that the Rabbitohs will offer Cody Walker a 3 year contract extension. apparently, he's 6 months older than Reynolds.

if they're worried about having 2 halves in their 30s then they've put their eggs in the wrong basket, IMO. I don't think Walker will be as successful without an organizing half like ARey to allow him to just provide the x-factor.

it also sounds like NRL360 are trying to lay the foundation to claim, that our recruitment is poor and that we've bought a broken down old player.

In fairness, Reynolds has been bashed around from being in the NRL since a younger age. Walker didn't play first grade until 25? It's not necessarily the age of the player, it's how "aged" they are from the NRL.

In fairness, Reynolds has been bashed around from being in the NRL since a younger age. Walker didn't play first grade until 25? It's not necessarily the age of the player, it's how "aged" they are from the NRL.
That's true but regardless of how little NRL Walker has played compared to Reynolds, he's hitting the age now when he's going to start losing a bit of pace. And that's a huge part of his game. That explosiveness to punch a hole and get away. Whereas for Reynolds, losing pace won't affect him, he's quick between the ears.

I think Walker for 3 years is a bigger gamble than Reynolds for 2, which is what he wanted I believe.

Plus the Walker style player are more common than the Reynolds style player. How many legitimate game managers are there in the NRL? Cleary, Reynolds, DCE and maybe Keary, Pearce - that’s it.

How many x-factor halves are there? Walker, Milford, Luai, Munster, Moses, Norman, Hunt, Mam, etc. of course many of these are not as good as Walker but the point is there are more of them around.

Plus the Walker style player are more common than the Reynolds style player. How many legitimate game managers are there in the NRL? Cleary, Reynolds, DCE and maybe Keary, Pearce - that’s it.

How many x-factor halves are there? Walker, Milford, Luai, Munster, Moses, Norman, Hunt, Mam, etc. of course many of these are not as good as Walker but the point is there are more of them around.
Agreed... I think Cody said a few months back that he'd be happy to be the game manager if Souths got Milf.

I think we saw what Cody's game management looks like in the first half of Souths prelim game when Reynolds wasn't kicking.... and it was well below their current standard.

In that game it wasnt really until Reynolds starting kicking again that it started clicking for Souths... I think they'll be an interesting team to watch next year.

They definitely still have the fire power to be in the 8, but I think they'll slide to the bottom of the 8 and get their asses handed to them by the top 4.

That's true but regardless of how little NRL Walker has played compared to Reynolds, he's hitting the age now when he's going to start losing a bit of pace. And that's a huge part of his game. That explosiveness to punch a hole and get away. Whereas for Reynolds, losing pace won't affect him, he's quick between the ears.

I think Walker for 3 years is a bigger gamble than Reynolds for 2, which is what he wanted I believe.

I can't argue with either of those points, I'm just trying to look at it from their point of view to see their reasoning. The one reason that would make the most sense is that Reynolds is indeed critically busted, but that seems to have been denied repeatedly.

I can't argue with either of those points, I'm just trying to look at it from their point of view to see their reasoning. The one reason that would make the most sense is that Reynolds is indeed critically busted, but that seems to have been denied repeatedly.

Yeah I get it but even if he's a bit busted, his game doesn't revolve around speed and power, so even then, he's still a high quality player. The way he played in the GF as well does not imply he's busted, he was the best player on the field in the first half and was pretty good in the second.

That's pretty nice from the Roosters, he was never really more than a bit part player there, also clever to include shots from games against the Broncos.
I’ve always noticed this when an opposition teams picture is posted online (channel 9, fox etc.) it’s more often than not a photo taken in a game against the Broncos.

I'm pretty sure the Bulldogs also had a bunch of really shit overpriced contracts they were still paying, like a considerable portion of Mmbop's salary while he played for th Tigers.

Well the Knights somehow afforded Gagai so I don’t even think the salary cap auditor is still a thing, probably got sacked during the Covid cutbacks. V’landys wouldn’t want any auditors of any description around anything he’s running.

Jack Cullen front row PBC, Tweed and Australian Schoolboys inks his first NRL deal with Titans.

He was suspended for the MM final this year but close to the best forward in MM.

Jack Cullen front row PBC, Tweed and Australian Schoolboys inks his first NRL deal with Titans.

He was suspended for the MM final this year but close to the best forward in MM.
As much as I hate to see another team get an advantage, as a fan of league it’s good to see Titans actually start to promote kids from that area. It’s for the good of the game.

Tyrone Peachey has signed a 2 year deal with the Tigers

not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but James Roberts has been offered a train and trial contract with the Tigers

The Warriors have released Kane Evans to pursue a switch to the Super League

Brad Arthur has signed a 2 year extension with the Eels. he will become the longest serving Eels coach (should he see out the deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Midean
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Brocko
  • ezpz
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Wolfie
  • LittleDavey
  • Battler
  • Strop
  • Jazza
  • RodF
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • theshed
  • ThomasovPreaf
  • BruiserMk1
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.