NRL Season Recommencing

So what happens with suspensions then? I assume they carry over until when we the comp starts again.

And the draw. I assume you just miss the games you don’t play and continue with the season once it starts again

So what do you think BRONCOSHQ? All I need is a title. I was thinking along the lines of no rugby league and no beer make GCBRONCO go something something?

Go Crazy?

Don't mind if I do!

Yep, as soon as the AFL made the move, I knew the NRL wasn't far behind. It's deeply depressing, but necessary.

It will be interesting to see if any clubs go under as a result of all this ?

It will be interesting to see if any clubs go under as a result of all this ?

Manly
Titans
Tigers
Cronulla

^^ Those 4 clubs are first cabs off the rank easy, and generally in that order. Would not be surprised if Manly doesn't survive this, at the very least.

Last edited:
Probably blind optimism, but am I the only one thinking that it could be a short-term thing?

Why couldn't they use this suspension to sort out the logistics of getting everyone to one location, travel to said location, then just wait the 14 days and re-start the season?

So what happens with suspensions then? I assume they carry over until when we the comp starts again.

And the draw. I assume you just miss the games you don’t play and continue with the season once it starts again
Given they want to play all the games in the season I'd say they'll keep playing as is ie. our first game back will be the titans.

Probably blind optimism, but am I the only one thinking that it could be a short-term thing?

Why couldn't they use this suspension to sort out the logistics of getting everyone to one location, travel to said location, then just wait the 14 days and re-start the season?
You'd probably find it hard to convince all the players to leave home for what would have to be at least 4 months straight.

I think that is what they will be looking to do.

Sending the warriors home gives them some time to sort out how they can play the season if the whole thing were to be done under lock down, etc.

They indicated in the press conference that the self isolation of players is still required.

From what I'm gathering from V'Landys, he and Greenberg were given a briefing today from a "world renowned" Epidemiologist that scared the shit out of them and they essentially made the decision to pull the plug immediately. Whatever it was that they were told is the big grey area here, because I'm sure they got some information about the current circumstances that the rest of us aren't hearing.

Last edited:
Manly
Titans
Tigers
Cronulla

^^ Those 4 clubs are first cabs off the rank easy, and generally in that order. Would not be surprised if Manly doesn't survive this, at the very least.
I think the clubs with outstanding debts and loans will be in serious trouble... unless those interest repayments stop.

I'm not sure which clubs they are though.

Isn't the NRL themselves in serious debt??

Rothfield claiming the Sharks will be fine because of their assets.

Rothfield claiming the Sharks will be fine because of their assets.

Wishful thinking. They struggle to even find a major sponsor at the best of times, how do they have assets?

They don’t, they sold their land to developers so they only have cash reserves. Plenty of it to tide them over though apparently

the QLD Government has reportedly made the NRL players exempt from the 14 day self isolation requirement for entering QLD, IF they continue to fly on private chartered planes.

Lang Park has also reportedly "offered" to host several magic rounds should the comp re-commence some time this year

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • TimWhatley
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manofoneway
  • theshed
  • Scorchie
  • kiwi2
  • Sproj
  • sooticus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Tim K
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Galah
  • Fitzy
  • kman
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.