NRL Season Recommencing

Its devastating.

But theres a slight positive, gives our boys who are injured time to recover and be ready for a near full team to take to the park when there ready to re open the season again if they do this year.

It will be interesting to see what happens when/if the NRL return. Every corner of the country will be after money like a walker on an injured human (The Walking Dead reference). There will be business that are either struggling to stay afloat or start up that won’t have a lot of sponsorship to go around. Clubs will have to fend for themselves. Will the NRL look to truly make the competition a national comp and rid themselves of the Sydney stranglehold?

There may only be up to ten teams. Will existing contracts be torn up and a draft style system used to bulk up squads with players missing out playing in state leagues? There are so many unanswered questions and possibilities to play out, but one thing is for sure the world and the NRL will not be the same.

It’s the NRL, outside the Broncs no one is good at handling things financially.

Broncos aren't immune, staff are being put off from today. They can't afford to keep 100 staff.

You'd probably find it hard to convince all the players to leave home for what would have to be at least 4 months straight.
Well if the players get told they won't be getting paid I'd say that would be a decent motivator.

It sucks, sure - but I'd rather be working away from my family on good coin then sitting at home earning no coin.

There's also nothing to say that players couldn't fly home or partners fly in to visit etc. Even it that meant said player would have to sit out 2 weeks.

Again - it's preferable to not playing.

Broncos aren't immune, staff are being put off from today. They can't afford to keep 100 staff.
Yeah I saw that headline yesterday - what's the makeup of the staff?

The Broncos will take a big hit from this as well with their Leagues Club shut down. Obviously, they will survive but this will seriously affect their bottom line. As for most of the other clubs, I don't see how they will get through this without the help of the NRL who are also basically broke. Might see a 4 team comp when this is all done and dusted.

The Broncos are lucky though. They have the advantage of being the only team in a capital city where rugby league is popular. No other team enjoys this advantage.

Yeah I saw that headline yesterday - what's the makeup of the staff?

Everyone from Springer to White. Souths' CEO has taken a 50k hair cut to keep staff. They're trying really hard to help their staff.

Good thing out of this might be clubs realise how ridiculous it is to have 100 staff.

I feel bad for all the fans, and the massive support staff involved in running the NRL, AFL and other lower codes. So many people, in our sport especially, are still blue collar workers who's one thing to look forward to is watching their team do it's thing.

Opportunity is always there when something like this happens.
The North Sydney bears will be there to take up a license as will at least 2 Brisbane bids .
It's likely the Titans will be in big trouble so the Bombers could just step in and Redcliffe could get the other license
If a few more Sydney sides fold then we could end up with a natural cull and a proper home and away season.

Last edited:
State level leagues are going to have a big problem on their hands for the next few years financially. VLandys is the man for the job to bring the game back from this though! Greenturd stands out how bad he is in comparison
[automerge]1585015843[/automerge]
The North Sydney bears will be there to take up a license as will at least 2 Brisbane bids .
It's likely the Titans will be in big trouble so the Bombers could just step in and Redcliffe xould get the other license
If a few more Sydney sides fold then we could end up with a natural cull and a proper home and away season.

It is being said in business circles here the bears could be making a crack for Manly. (if the Penn's pull stumps)

Last edited:
It's likely the Titans will be in big trouble so the Bombers could just step in and Redcliffe could get the other license

If the NRL don't use this as their weapon to improve the game on the other side of this, they prove yet again, how incredibly incompetent they are. If a club has to fold, goodbye club.

If the NRL don't use this as their weapon to improve the game on the other side of this, they prove yet again, how incredibly incompetent they are. If a club has to fold, goodbye club.

V man knows this thankfully and completely agree. The money clubs and pubs can make these days is ridiculous, so if they cannot be profitable or responsible for most of their own financial support - they shouldn't exist.

It’d be fucking hilarious if Manly died for good and the Bears got ultimate revenge after the merger debacle.

Well they have the cash. Cash will be king at the end of this.

Last edited:
The NRL have said $60 million in funding will be available to all clubs over the next 3 months.

The NRL have said if they aren't back to playing by September 1 which would mean it's only a 15-game comp, the comp will be abandoned for 2020 and it would not be restarted until March next year.

As upset as I am about probably no footy this year, I'm totally excited for the NRL to fold over.
I actually despise the entire leadership structure in the NRL, it's a corrupt media fart sucking branch masquerading as fair and balanced.

Please die, NRL. Please.

As upset as I am about probably no footy this year, I'm totally excited for the NRL to fold over.
I actually despise the entire leadership structure in the NRL, it's a corrupt media fart sucking branch masquerading as fair and balanced.

Please die, NRL. Please.
Unfortunately I see them being bailed out by the federal government.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Maroon4life
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Midean
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncorob
  • Bronx48
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Volvo Driver
  • RolledOates
  • FACTHUNT
  • Redux
  • Scorchie
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.