Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Simon Brunsdon headshot
By Simon Brunsdon
2 hours ago

Source: WWOS Nine

The NRL has hit Melbourne forward Tui Kamikamica with a breach notice over an alleged incident outside a Brisbane pub in November. The breach notice proposes a nine-game suspension and a $10,000 for the prop. Kamikamica was charged by Queensland police with assault occasioning actual bodily harm, but that charge was dismissed in court on April 27.

The NRL, however, are imposing their own penalty after viewing CCTV footage of the incident.
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fcd825ed8-6a9a-4279-8b89-311da3880634
Tui Kamikamica (Getty)

"(It) showed Kamikamica in a physical altercation with a female member of the public," an NRL statement said. "Any form of violence against women will not be tolerated by the NRL."

The nine-game suspension means, when backdated, Kamikamica will be available for selection next week ahead of Magic Round, having missed the opening nine games of the season.

Half the $10,000 fine will be suspended. He has five days to respond to the breach notice.

😂 😂 😂 😂 of fucking course it's back dated.

So Milford 4 week suspension to be served before he can play, even though the only reason he couldn't play was because the NRL wouldn't register him.

Tui gets a 9 week suspension backdated, because he couldn't play. Logic is strong.

😂 😂 😂 😂 of fucking course it's back dated.

So Milford 4 week suspension to be served before he can play, even though the only reason he couldn't play was because the NRL wouldn't register him.

Tui gets a 9 week suspension backdated, because he couldn't play. Logic is strong.

you know i think this meme is fitting again

Kevin Hart responds to cheating rumours with a meme

I’m a bit more worried the nrl think they are above the law? Why is he even being banned if charges dismissed? What are the specifics of the case? If he was attacked he has every right to defend himself no?

Milford case is a tiny bit different because he was guilty of one charge Imo.

The whole ”under no circumstances should a female be assaulted” is such a bs blanket line too. It encourages stupid ditzy women to bait players into laying a finger on them so they can take them to court for a payout, it also insinuates assaulting a man is much more acceptable.

I’m a bit more worried the nrl think they are above the law? Why is he even being banned if charges dismissed? What are the specifics of the case? If he was attacked he has every right to defend himself no?

I agree. They seem to think the law of the land isnt good enough. I dont know how the clubs are tolerating this really.

Apparently he's been playing in reserve grade during his "suspension" so in reality he's basically not been suspended at all... can't really even claim backdated if they've been playing reserve grade the whole time.

Was De Belin able to play reserve grade or is Fainu currently playing reserve grade??

Simon Brunsdon headshot
By Simon Brunsdon
2 hours ago

Source: WWOS Nine

The NRL has hit Melbourne forward Tui Kamikamica with a breach notice over an alleged incident outside a Brisbane pub in November. The breach notice proposes a nine-game suspension and a $10,000 for the prop. Kamikamica was charged by Queensland police with assault occasioning actual bodily harm, but that charge was dismissed in court on April 27.

The NRL, however, are imposing their own penalty after viewing CCTV footage of the incident.
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fcd825ed8-6a9a-4279-8b89-311da3880634
Tui Kamikamica (Getty)

"(It) showed Kamikamica in a physical altercation with a female member of the public," an NRL statement said. "Any form of violence against women will not be tolerated by the NRL."

The nine-game suspension means, when backdated, Kamikamica will be available for selection next week ahead of Magic Round, having missed the opening nine games of the season.

Half the $10,000 fine will be suspended. He has five days to respond to the breach notice.
So Staggs ' suspension only took affect when he was fit to play so obviously that was not backdated.

We should have held back on evidence with payne haas until this weekend so he could take his suspension while he is injured. **** it, let's backdate to before his debut when he played qld cup instead so he can serve it then. Or we can just admit to fault after blaming the victim with absolutely no punishment. Maybe we can use a trial game to count towards the suspension.

Wait a second, he plays for us, not the storm or roosters! Honestly, this shit would sound like satire but it's actually true hahajaha

This is farcical. Essentially, they are saying their view of things is once again above the actual law of the land.

Look I don’t know what has transpired but this needs to stop. You cannot have this group of morons thinking they are literally above the law.

I’m going to write to the media once again because this cannot be legal and just cannot continue.

I will once again be asking where is the consistency. Why is he allowed to play and get a backdated suspension while de Belin and Milford were not able to. And Staggs and Kelly have to wait until being fit for their suspension to kick in which has still as far as I’m aware yet to happen to any other club.

I hope some club reps call this quadruple standard and comical rubbish out.

This is farcical. Essentially, they are saying their view of things is once again above the actual law of the land.

Look I don’t know what has transpired but this needs to stop. You cannot have this group of morons thinking they are literally above the law.

I’m going to write to the media once again because this cannot be legal and just cannot continue.

I will once again be asking where is the consistency. Why is he allowed to play and get a backdated suspension while de Belin and Milford were not able to. And Staggs and Kelly have to wait until being fit for their suspension to kick in which has still as far as I’m aware yet to happen to any other club.

I hope some club reps call this quadruple standard and comical rubbish out.

I'll settle for them being consistent ...

i.e. if two players have had similiar charges dismissed then they both serve the same suspension from the NRL.

Milford has to wait until round 11 and jump through hoops.

Tui gets his suspension backdated to literally the next week he can play. it's complete BS.

but there's no bias in play right Annesley, you dumb ****?

****, Milford should kick up a stink

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.