NRL Trade Period

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/trent-merrin-signs-with-panthers-why-its-time-for-nrl-to-bring-in-an-off-season-trade-period/story-fn2mcuj6-1227245119446

Does anyone think this is necessary? Do players leaving have such a dramatic effect on the team? How would you guys change it?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/trent-merrin-signs-with-panthers-why-its-time-for-nrl-to-bring-in-an-off-season-trade-period/story-fn2mcuj6-1227245119446

Does anyone think this is necessary? Do players leaving have such a dramatic effect on the team? How would you guys change it?
It doesn't matter what they do, clubs will rort it. Remember the June 30 date where clubs couldn't negotiate and sign before? Players would mysteriously sign the next day after what must have been the fastest negotiations in sporting history.

I don't know if I care. I just hate the round 13 backflip rule, if you're going to have that rule don't allow a signing before then. The circus of will he or won't he backflip is ridiculous and as a fan not something I want to go through.

It doesn't matter what they do, clubs will rort it. Remember the June 30 date where clubs couldn't negotiate and sign before? Players would mysteriously sign the next day after what must have been the fastest negotiations in sporting history.
That was the November 1 rule, which was when players are supposedly allowed to negotiate.

June 30 is actually the current Rnd 13 rule, which made the above obsolete, but is also the stupidest rule I've ever seen in a major code.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • MrRobot
  • kiwibronco
  • broncomax
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Spoon
  • Skathen
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • MrTickyMcG
  • bazza
  • bert_lifts
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Maroon4life
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • jarro65
  • Big Del
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.