NRLW 2022 - Round 1 Broncos vs Knights

Allo

Allo

State of Origin Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
First game for the girls for this second short season, of course against the Knights following the defections of Boyle and Upton

Team Lists:

Above is my season preview

Following on from that, very surprised to see both Nu'uausala and Clark not in the 17, because that bench is VERY small - Fogavini is a centre-turned-back row and Phillips and Tamarua are back rowers as well. How Phillips isn't starting after last season I have no idea. Similarly, Harden is barely keeping up so how she starts is beyond me

With this forward pack Kelvin will either look a fool or a genius

Excited to see how Chapman goes at the back - we still have the edge in the backs, but that forward pack of theirs compared to ours scares me

Cant get excited as much as I used to - the transfers of Upton/Boyle seem weird along with the other ones. irrespective of how dominant Brisbane was to start with, how can you possibly promote tribalism when the game internally forces transfers out of teams like ours like we have seen for 3 years?

No Breayley
No Pilley
No Ward
No McGregor
No Upton
No Boyle

Who we got left?

Brigginshaw
Lenarduzzi
Maybe Aitken

It'd be like seeing Alfie, Kevvie and Lazo running around for Manly and the Roosters in 1994 or 5.

It's bizarre.

Cant get excited as much as I used to - the transfers of Upton/Boyle seem weird along with the other ones. irrespective of how dominant Brisbane was to start with, how can you possibly promote tribalism when the game internally forces transfers out of teams like ours like we have seen for 3 years?

No Breayley
No Pilley
No Ward
No McGregor
No Upton
No Boyle

Who we got left?

Brigginshaw
Lenarduzzi
Maybe Aitken

It'd be like seeing Alfie, Kevvie and Lazo running around for Manly and the Roosters in 1994 or 5.

It's bizarre.

Gould and Robbo are from that first year too, Aiken and Hall were second season. Ward’s retired and is back assistant coaching with us this year. Pilley is just doing whatever now

To be fair, Upton and Boyle were second season too. We had Chelsea Baker and Steph Hancock/Heather Ballinger at prop in that first year

But yeah as I said in my linked post, there’s a lot of movement that doesn’t lend itself to getting attached to players well.

Hopefully from next season onwards we can start having some consistency with a settled cap, multi-season signings and maybe only another team or two with Souths and Warriors to upset that.

I think I read there were up to 50 players not signed from last season, but not being fully professional yet they sometimes have to prioritise work/life over sport, which happened to Breayley year before last (between Dragons to Titans move)

No Breayley
No Pilley
No Ward
No McGregor
No Upton
No Boyle

Who we got left?

Brigginshaw
Lenarduzzi
Maybe Aitken

It's bizarre.
Yep I'm struggling to get excited for this season after the Boyle and Upton departures

The nrl ruining their own great product, who’d have seen it coming. My daughter could not be less interested in the womens team, and she’s their target audience. Has been a massive fan for the last few years, now her favourite players have gone she would rather watch netball.

The nrl ruining their own great product, who’d have seen it coming. My daughter could not be less interested in the womens team, and she’s their target audience. Has been a massive fan for the last few years, now her favourite players have gone she would rather watch netball.
Yup. It’s stupid.

Completely understand the girls can sign for who they like, but this is the culmination of three years of “must make Brisbane weaker” strategies

Didn't you guys here Abdo?

This year: Useless stats
Next year: More useless stats...something something...athletes.

interesting fact the mens game is the curtain raiser to this match

interesting fact the mens game is the curtain raiser to this match

Kind of had to be with the Dragons v Titans double header up first

No late changes unless we lose someone in warmup

Moran 18th player for Knights

Shak Tungai 18th for us

ps @staff I'll let you guys either turn this into the live thread or you guys can set one up

Classic NRL incompetence.

**** this. I know we lost, so it may come across like sour grapes, but this was just not fun anymore.

That 8 and 15 for Newcastle laid on top of our players for a fucking eternity every time and it was never called. Then those some fuckwits had the nerve to constantly ask for penalties for the same thing against them and they got it a few times. **** off.

Also, **** you to Tamika Upton, absolute dog. You never celebrate like that against your old team. Was once my favourite player. Damn shame.

Active Now

• azza.79
  • pennywisealfie
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • The True King
  • Broncosgirl
  • Swordfish
  • Tmac
  • broncsgoat
  • GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • Alec
  • Mister Wright
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.