NRLW NRLW and Women's Rugby League General Discussion 2023

Power causing havoc with offloads. Kim Hunt scores this time and Wynnum get it back to 12-6. Great conversion from Clark

Robbo off with possible hammy

Bass down now too

Clark cited for an elbow on Buller. Wasn’t happy about something in the tackle

12-6 to Burleigh at HT

Not a great pass from Lofipo and Bass drops it close to the line

Bass blew a try there but I think she picked up an injury in the first half and isn't very comfortable.

Bass blew a try there but I think she picked up an injury in the first half and isn't very comfortable.
Seemed to be fine a few plays later with that kick return

Pinball from a Power kick and Hunt scores her second

Clark just misses and it’s 12-10

Herdegen drops the ball off the kick off and Burleigh have the ball back inside the 20

Seemed to be fine a few plays later with that kick return

Every time I see her on camera after a tackle, she just seems a bit ginger playing the ball. Could be my imagination.

Lenarduzzi scores with a pass back under

Burleigh 18-10

Every time I see her on camera after a tackle, she just seems a bit ginger playing the ball. Could be my imagination.

Oh no she definitely isn’t 100%. Soldiering on with Robbo still off. Must be coming and going

Wynnum throwing this game away

Clark on report again for a high shot after Wynnum kicked out on the full from the restart

Lenarduzzi again strolls through on the angle and that’s game I think

Ouch, conceding two easy tries like that is going to be hard to come back from.

Love Lenarduzzi, real hard worker.

Burleigh win 24-10

Great season for Wynnum to get this far

Their 1,6 and 7 and are all 18

Just too many mistakes and handing the ball over - kicking the ball dead or out on the full, a few drops and missed passes at key moments

Wynnum had players dying all over the field all game haven’t helped and are missing some key players as well

Souths would have probably been tougher opposition but they couldn’t win the one game to get there

Burleigh just keep rolling on

Brisbane could do worse than picking up Kim Hunt as a squaddy

8 tries in 7 games, averages almost 100 metres a game and is an older head at 30 that seems like a great person to have around a club

might go to NQ though as she’s from Tully

Queensland Maroons Women’s Squad for Game 1

NameClub
Tarryn AikenCentral Coast Roosters
Emily BassWynnum Manly Seagulls
Ali Brigginshaw (C)Norths Devils
Destiny BrillSouths Logan Magpies
Shenae CiesiolkaNorths Devils
Jessika EllistonTweed Seagulls
Tazmin GrayBurleigh Bears
Sophie HolymanBurleigh Bears
Keilee JosephCentral Coast Roosters
Emma ManzelmannMackay Cutters
Shannon MatoMackay Cutters
Evania PeliteSouths Logan Magpies
China PolataMackay Cutters
Shaniah PowerWynnum Manly Seagulls
Julia RobinsonWynnum Manly Seagulls
Romy TeitzelMackay Cutters
Zahara TemaraBurleigh Bears
Tamika UptonNewcastle Knights

Edit: just realised there’s no Lenarduzzi?! Explain yourself Tahnee

Updated the Signings Summary table after the last couple of weeks on holiday

Georgia Hale is able to make the season after playing in the super league and is the Titans' final top 24 signing, meaning Kimiora Nati-Breayley, Tiana Raftstrand-Smith, Annette Brander, Hagiga Mosby and Rona Peters will either have to find new clubs or miss this season

Broncos STILL haven't revealed any signings after the Maddick, Larsson and Dam announcement almost a month ago - we still have 7 spots in our 24 plus the 4 development - signing deadline is next Wednsday (24th) at 5pm with pre-season starting the following Monday

Contract lengths for everyone will be revealed once the deadline passes, although some have already come out through the clubs themselves or articles for certain players

Teams for the first game of Women's State of Origin, next Thursday night:

I hope Prince is paying attention to Brill at hooker, although it may just be similar to Ben Hunt for QLD

If that NSW backline gets any dominance, we'll be in trouble

In more signing news, Penitani has been granted a release from the second year of her Parra contract -the only official multi-year deal before this year - to move to the Sharks apparently

Most teams have rounded out their squads just about as the top 24 were to be finalised today, perhaps just sitting on announcements until they want to reveal them.

I'll update the table in a bit

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Foordy
  • Hurrijo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Wild Horse
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Skathen
  • cento
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Maddy
  • Wolfie
  • lynx000
  • Morkel
  • Harry Sack
  • NSW stables
  • Cavalo
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.