NRLW NRLW and Women's Rugby League General Discussion 2023

I wouldn't mind us playing Ali at lock, but we're lacking in halves so I don't think it would work out all that well.

I wouldn't mind us playing Ali at lock, but we're lacking in halves so I don't think it would work out all that well.

That was my ideal team if Aiken stayed with Jada at 7, however we do have an option of a Maddick, Broughton, Ferguson and Brill spine with Ali at lock. Gould can switch in at hooker for Brill or Ferguson can move there and Ali back to 7 for another lock forward like Denman or Larsson

In more signing news, Penitani has been granted a release from the second year of her Parra contract -the only official multi-year deal before this year - to move to the Sharks apparently

Most teams have rounded out their squads just about as the top 24 were to be finalised today, perhaps just sitting on announcements until they want to reveal them.

I'll update the table in a bit

Released on 'compassionate grounds' to go from a Sydney team to...another Sydney team.

Link to the NRL.com tracker with updated contract lengths

TL;DR for not-the-Broncos include:

Penitani and Quincy Dodd the only 3 year signings for the Sharks, the rest 50/50 on one and two year deals

Titans have Perese, Chapman and Brown on full 3 years, and 4 more players with a club option for 2025. Shannon Mato has two player options for 24 and 25. Options everywhere at the Titans

Upton has committed to 5 years at the Knights as has Georgia Roache. The Southwells have 5 years as well but Hannah has the last two as club options, while Jesse has two as a player option. Clydsdale the other 3 year deal and Johnston has a 2+1 in her favour

Manzelmann and Peters are the long-termers for the Cows with Faifua having a mutual option for a 3rd and Naikore a club option for '25

Eels 3-year players are Kennedy Cherrington, Rachael Pearson and Ruby-Jean Kennard has a PO for her 3rd year. Only a further 7 players are signed for 2024

Despite how well Soward has done to put together a squad after his team was decimated by the Sharks and Tigers, they still only have 3 players that are definitely there for 2024. 5 more players have options for next season, but the rest are all up in the air

Roosters likewise only have 4 players guaranteed for next season. Millie Boyle has a 5 year deal with the last two years as player options. Notably the likes of Kelly, Sergis, Hall, Aiken, Fressard, Joseph and Baxter are all still only committed for this season. Could have some big movements next season

Lastly Tigers have Christian Pio, Apps and Togatuki signed until 2025 and Vette-Welsh until the end of next season. The rest are split between one and two year deals

Download

Robbo’s taken the guilty plea and is missing Origin II 😭

Only change to the squad is Polata moves from 18th player onto the wing and Tallisha Harden is the new reserve

Robbo’s taken the guilty plea and is missing Origin II 😭

Only change to the squad is Polata moves from 18th player onto the wing and Tallisha Harden is the new reserve

Unbelievable.

Kelly named for Game 2 lmao

Well played judiciary

Pearson dropped too. Had a death in the family in the lead up to game 1. Even their women's team don't get Origin.

Kelly has been cleared to play by the Blues medical staff

Now we just wait for Robbo’s suspension to be repealed as Kelly being “injured” was the only reason she was cited ….

Kelly has been cleared to play by the Blues medical staff

Now we just wait for Robbo’s suspension to be repealed as Kelly being “injured” was the only reason she was cited ….
She should be able to serve her suspension later for the fans.

It really is vomit worthy watching the likes of Boyle and Aiken running around for the Roosters.

what happened to the blonde girl who was playing 7 for the eels last season cant recall her name?

what happened to the blonde girl who was playing 7 for the eels last season cant recall her name?

Maddy Studdon, plays for the Sharks now. She's not their first choice half though with Tonegato there now.

Unread

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Skyblues87
  • Porthoz
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.