NRLW NRLW Brisbane Broncos Discussion 2024

Allo

Allo

State of Origin Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Discussion and news thread for the 2023 Broncos NRLW season

I'll cross-post with the other thread for signing and rep news where relevant

No major news specifically for the girls so far outside of Scott Prince being the new coach, which in hindsight was a straightforward choice given him being an assistant already and coaching at Valleys with half the team.

Currently it's most girls signing on to new BMD teams after the promotion of the Gold Stars to the NRLW and the demise of Wests Brisbane Panthers due to QRL streamlining men's and women's competitions to have matching state-level teams, so Norths Devils and Mackay Cutters join this year

A few heading to the Devils, namely Ciesiolka, Ferguson, Larsson and Maddick.

Robbo and Brianna Clark are joining Emily Bass, Ellie Williamson and Jayde Herdegen at Wynnum. I'm fairly positive we've lost Jacinta Carter though to Newcastle because apparently they have no female players still and have take to them all from Queensland.

I'll be very surprised if Aiken or Chapman leave Tweed as they are like this 🤞

Not sure whether Ali will stay at Easts (Tigers) and Fogavini is staying at Souths-Logan

Sara Sautia has joined the Bulldogs for the HNWP (NSW Cup)

When players move interstate, it can point to a move for NRLW, although not guaranteed. Sautia had her moments and showed some potential, but I think Larsson will prove the better middle forward over the same time. Won't complain if we do keep her though

Also confirmed that Carter is at the Knights, at least for NSW Cup - named for round one at prop

China Polata has also left the club and will join NQ Gold Stars via Mackay Cutters

I thought Ali looked finished last year. Are we pinning our hopes on her again this year or is there a young playmaker coming through that can adequately replace her/be groomed to take over from her?

I thought Ali looked finished last year. Are we pinning our hopes on her again this year or is there a young playmaker coming through that can adequately replace her/be groomed to take over from her?

She did, but she really stood up for the Jillaroos for the WC and hopefully that’s given her a renewed energy.

She’ll have a lifetime contract at Brisbane and no one will tell her to retire until she’s ready, and she’s said she isn’t thinking about it so we’ll have to see. Hopefully the longer season will allow her to hit form at the right time and Princey might help with that too

For me, Aiken and securing her for a long time is the most important thing for the club for the next 5+ years.

Hopefully we can keep Jada Ferguson too and start giving her game time in the halves with the longer season, as she’ll partner Aiken if everything works out but at the moment she’s playing hooker 95% of the time

She played the trial for Norths on Saturday night.

Yeah I know, it’s still interesting that Ali was absent and isn’t automatically captain considering who she is

I suppose Norths are looking to the future, even if it’s only a 2 month long competition

Yeah I know, it’s still interesting that Ali was absent and isn’t automatically captain considering who she is

I suppose Norths are looking to the future, even if it’s only a 2 month long competition

Ali works for the Jets and while they don’t have a team Norths may not not think it’s a great look to have her captain and signed up waiting for another side.

Ali named at lock for the Devils

Ciesiolka at fullback

Ferguson and Maddick in the halves

Robbo and Chapman at fullback for Wynnum and Tweed respectively

Bass and Fogavini resume regular positions at wing and second row for Wynnum and Souths. Lenarduzzi still at Burleigh

Aiken is at the Central Coast Roosters - didn’t see that coming

I swear if we lose her… I honestly think she’s the most important player for us this decade

Aiken is at the Central Coast Roosters - didn’t see that coming

I swear if we lose her… I honestly think she’s the most important player for us this decade

Yep if we lose her, we’ll probably run last.

Yep if we lose her, we’ll probably run last.

Probably not last, but that may depend on how many first 17s we lose. But yeah Aiken would be in my top 3 players to retain.

What it may do is open the door for Ferguson to pair with Ali and stay as she knows she’ll get a halves position.

However by far my preference is still 6. Aiken 7. Ferguson 13. Brigginshaw.

How soon that happens I’m not sure, but likely by the end of the year provided Ferguson stays on her trajectory and we sign a decent hooker and we have the props to have Ali as a ball-playing lock rather than your Taufa/Joseph prop-locks

I hope we’re just jumping at shadows, but seriously anyone but the fucking Roosters if it happens

Probably not last, but that may depend on how many first 17s we lose. But yeah Aiken would be in my top 3 players to retain.

What it may do is open the door for Ferguson to pair with Ali and stay as she knows she’ll get a halves position.

However by far my preference is still 6. Aiken 7. Ferguson 13. Brigginshaw.

How soon that happens I’m not sure, but likely by the end of the year provided Ferguson stays on her trajectory and we sign a decent hooker and we have the props to have Ali as a ball-playing lock rather than your Taufa/Joseph prop-locks

I hope we’re just jumping at shadows, but seriously anyone but the fucking Roosters if it happens

Not looking good

Lmao typical from that merc

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • kiwi2
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.