Thomas Weaver
Clay Webb
Kaeo Weekes

Source: NSWRL.com

Last edited:
Wait, there's another Troublesich?

Wait, there's another Troublesich?

Yep. He’s the positional love child of his brothers and looks like it too

Is there really a point in naming a combined 64 man ‘squad’?

Is there really a point in naming a combined 64 man ‘squad’?

The 34 senior squad seems excessive. I guess the idea is that they've got their first and second XIII together and it just allows them ingratiate the players and give them a sense of where they stand. In the past, the NSWRL has really struggled to communicate with the players and it developed a culture of self preservation which wasn't healthy in a team environment.

The other squads are just introductory camps to give emerging talent a feel for rep football and the NSWRL structures. They're at a different stage, so the sessions are designed specifically for their level.

I thought some of the omissions were interesting. Here's a few that I thought would be in contention:

Jack Bird, Jarrod Croker, Josh Jackson, Josh Dugan, Matt Moylan, Tyrone Peachey, Adam Reynolds etc.

There's a few from the polynesian countries as well like Daniel Tupou and Will Hopoate but I could understand the NSWRL taking the stance that they've got to be all in to qualify.

Ho would you feel being one of those guys......Jack Bird, Jarrod Croker, Josh Jackson, Josh Dugan, Matt Moylan, Tyrone Peachey, Adam Reynolds

They name 64 players and you still don't make the cut?

NSW Squad

Nathan Brown
Reagan Campbell-Gillard
Boyd Cordner
Angus Crichton
Tyson Frizell
Clint Gutherson
Payne Haas
Luke Keary
Zac Lomax
Cameron McInnes
Junior Paulo
Daniel Saifiti
James Tedesco
Jake Trbojevic
Daniel Tupou

15 of 27 named.

12 spots up for grabs

Josh Addo-Carr
Nathan Cleary
Damien Cook
Dale Finucane
Cameron Murray
Jack Wighton

Are incumbents.

Cody Walker and Nick Cotric both played in the last series as well so they remain a chance.

I'd say Walker will earn a recall on form, while Finucane and Cotric will have to step up in these final two games to cement their place.

I recall hearing on the coverage the other night that Ferguson needs to be cleared medically but you'd think given how close he was to playing he should be another late inclusion. If Ferguson does get named it'll be interesting to see if one of Crichton/Graham misses out or if Freddy overlooks Yeo.

Cotric definitely makes the squad, Freddy loves him.

There's a decent chance Papy gets a spot I think just for the exposure to origin camp etc. Certainly won't play this year but they'll want him in there for the experience as Teddy's successor.

My guess at the remaining 12:
Addo-Carr, Cleary, Finucane, Cook, Murray, Wighton, Ferguson, Walker, Papynhouzen, Cotric, Yeo, C Graham/S Crichton.

I have seen Tamou's name floating around some of the "experts" teams but I don't think he should be there. Especially when guys like Liam Martin and Mansour have arguably done more to deserve a call up.

The following players have been added to the NSW squad

Damien Cook
Nick Cotric
Cameron Murray
Cody Walker
Jack Wighton

So @The True King was on the money with Cotric. He was disappointing in the Raiders loss to the Storm, but Freddy has decided to show some faith in him. I'd say his inclusion was the only thing resembling a shock with the rest all being automatic picks.

That leaves 7 spots and King could be on the money again with Josh Addo-Carr, Nathan Cleary, Dale Finucane, Liam Martin, Ryan Papenhuyzen, James Tamou and Isaah Yeo as his prediction. The bulk of that squad should be there with Dylan Edwards, Stephen Crichton, Josh Mansour, Api Koroisau, Moses Leota and Tyrone May being outside chances especially if there are anymore omissions.

I recall hearing on the coverage the other night that Ferguson needs to be cleared medically but you'd think given how close he was to playing he should be another late inclusion. If Ferguson does get named it'll be interesting to see if one of Crichton/Graham misses out or if Freddy overlooks Yeo.

Cotric definitely makes the squad, Freddy loves him.

There's a decent chance Papy gets a spot I think just for the exposure to origin camp etc. Certainly won't play this year but they'll want him in there for the experience as Teddy's successor.

My guess at the remaining 12:
Addo-Carr, Cleary, Finucane, Cook, Murray, Wighton, Ferguson, Walker, Papynhouzen, Cotric, Yeo, C Graham/S Crichton.

I have seen Tamou's name floating around some of the "experts" teams but I don't think he should be there. Especially when guys like Liam Martin and Mansour have arguably done more to deserve a call up.
I think i wanna cry😂
Read today inglis tried calling WB to offer his services but no answer haha.....is this what its become🙄😂😂

Josh Addo-Carr
Nathan Cleary
Stephen Crichton
Dale Finucane
Jarome Luai
Ryan Papenhuyzen
Isaah Yeo

Have been added to the squad.

Cam Smith for Qld.

Lol as if. Fucker thinks he represents Melbourne.

Team named

1. Tedesco
2. Tupou
3. Gutherson
4. Wighton
5. Addo-Carr
6. Keary
7. Cleary
8. DSaifiti
9. Cook
10. Paulo
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Jake Turbo

14. C Walker
15. Haas
16. Murray
17. A Crichton

18. McInnes
19. RCG
20. N. Brown
21. Lomax

That's a quality team. It's funny that they are picking two guys in the centres who haven't played there in ages though (I believe).

Well QLD has their work cut out.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • Justwin
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • Stix
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.