NSW Team - Game III

Discussion in 'State of Origin 2016' started by Unbreakable, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads International Captain

1. James Tedesco
    2. Josh Mansour
    3. Jack Bird
    4. Josh Morris
    5. Tom Trobjevic
    6. Matt Moylan
    7. James Maloney
    8. Aaron Woods
    9. Robbie Farah
    10.James Tamou
    11.Josh Jackson
    12.Tyson Frizzell
    13.Jake Trobjevic

14. Ryan James
    15. Wade Graham
    16. Bryce Cartwright
    17. Nathan Peats

18. Lachlan Coote
    19. Trent Merrin

Sproj likes this.
  2. I'm not sure about the Josh selection Pete, he's getting a little seasoned, although I do like the Josh selection, he's played well this series, the Josh selection was interesting, I thought you weren't a massive fan of his. At least you picked Josh, his club form warrants it.

James, James and James are also great selections.

LittleDavey83 likes this.
  3. Decent team Beads, I like the Idea of Peats on the bench behind Farah, give him a taste before he inevitably takes over next season.

Upon review, this would be my team -

1. Tedesco
    2. Mansour
    3. Jennings
    4. Bird
    5. Trbjoevic
    6. Moylan
    7. Maloney
    8. Woods (c)
    9. Farah
    10. Tamou
    11. Frizell
    12. Graham
    13. Jackson

14. Peats
    15. Cartwright
    16. James
    17. Campbell-Gillard

lynx000 and Bucking Beads like this.
  4. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

Two thought process here- new side, young guys and throw them in or persist and win this game with Gallen and Farah and take something away from the series.

It's a myth that New South Wales have kept the same players through this whole debacle. 22 debuts since 2012. They've tried things they've given players a crack.

Daley has given out 17 of them.

Young players who you think can take you forward has worked before. 1989 New South Wales blooded Daley, Lazarus, Clyde, Geyer, Cartwright, Johns, Sironen.

Guys that would be instrumental in the Blues winning the next 4/5 series from '90-'94.

To do that successfully you have to be committed, stick to it and develop them with a little luck too. No point replacing Moylan with Tedesco. You've put the work in to Moylan for two games why throw that away for another young player- you have to replace old guys with young guys.

The players need to return the favour too and go back to club football and develop and progress, Daley had a shocker in '89 was picked and laughed at and smashed all around the field. By the time '90 series came around he was a premiership player,

5. mitch222

mitch222 State of Origin Rep

This is a good game to blood some debutants because it wont be as physical and there wont be as much pressure.

6. If they do that and I was Kev, I would send the team out with instructions to absolutely smash them, physically and on the scoreboard.

Destroy their confidence now, and use next year's series 2 games at home to make them switch and swap again.

LittleDavey83 likes this.
  7. mitch222

To be honest, I will be surprised if the boys aren't still celebrating the game 3 win and get carried away with it a little.

8. There is talk of Gallen deserving a home game to finish, etc. and while I don't disagree that he does deserve that, it's really the wrong way of thinking. The Blues are in trouble and need to find a way to start winning. It should not be about what one player deserves, it has to be about what the team needs

9. It's a strange school of thought IMO. Why does he "deserve" a sendoff? Why should his Origin career be even remotely celebrated? I doubt Lewis will get another for NSW and he didn't get one.

10. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

Look at it from Qld's point of view. Don't they deserve to give him a send-off?

Sproj likes this.
  11. Gallen is their captain, is the form lock forward for NSW (no Parker or Taumalolo) and nobody else has put their hand up.

So in that sense, he is deserving. Like Farah, he is still the best man for the job.

12. mitch222

Peats has surpassed both Farah and Ennis this year for hooker. They are just too dumb to realise this.

13. ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak NRL Captain

If Gallen deserves a send-off, stick him in the back of a ute and do a lap before the game.

Dexter likes this.
  14. broncoboy

broncoboy QCup Player

Let Papalii give him a send off!

15. abashii

abashii NRL Player

Gallen had the chance to be sent off in front of his home "crowd" in 2013 but Hayne and Klein lacked the stones to do it.

Spoon and Rally Towel like this.
  16. Dexter

Dexter

Re: Game 2 - QLD vs NSW

God I hope they pick Leilua. He is a flat track bully if ever there was one. So many mistakes in him , it would be a pleasure to watch him become a one gamer.

I do like the rest of your team though, it's young with plenty of points in it. My only concern if I was a NSwanker would be having to defend a lead in a close game.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  17. In my view, Moylan is a player who you only pick at fullback, or not at all. Just because he happened to play five-eighth at NYC level back in 2011, doesn't mean he can play an Origin game there in 2016. At least with Jack Bird, he's played there recently, has good instincts and physically has shown he can handle players in the front-line. Moylan has none of that going for him.

I agree on Leilua. He plays every game like it's City vs Country and while he looks like a genius when it comes off, he can downright suck when it doesn't. Considering he's coming up against GI and Oates, I don't think his bag of tricks is going to work out that well for him. Like if he was coming up against Kurt Mann, that would be one thing, but he's got two men mountains coming up against him who can smash him if need be. I don't particularly rate Dugan, but the NSW selectors do and given what he means to the side and the fact he's been there before and been OK I think he'd make a decent fill-in.

I don't know about Peats being the best number 9 for NSW. On form, he's ahead of Farah, who is on the outer at club level and may not have a future in the NRL. However, he's still got Ennis and Wallace to compete with in that regard. Personally, I didn't have a problem with Farah's selection. He's been one of only a few players that has troubled Queensland over the years, his service was a clear improvement over Ennis and he had nothing to do with that 52-6 game. And since Peats wasn't really killing it at club level, to the point where the Eels considered him expendable, I thought Laurie was fine to go in the direction that he did. As far as Game III is concerned, I wouldn't be against Peats coming off the bench in place of Farah. I think that move has plenty of merit and would be a good reward for somebody who has been threw the ringer this season.

Ryan James should be a no-brainer off the bench, he's been one of the form front rows this season. It seems like I'm the only person in favour of Klemmer playing, but I think having him start and go on a mission early could be a real coming of age moment for him, which the Blues need from their front row.

Tamou shouldn't be in the team and I have no idea why he's being given a free-pass.

18. It looks like Cleary might be the half they have been searching for for years. If he keeps developing 2-3 years down the track (about the time we are having generational change) he might be the one to lead the blues renewal. All they have to do is find the halves partner for him and stick with them.

Sproj likes this.
  19. broncoboy

broncoboy QCup Player

I believe Jake and Tom Trbojevic have to be in the side for game three.

For me Jake is slowly becoming one of the elite locks in the world and adds more than just tackling

and Tom is just a all round gun, his ability to drift in field and get involved when playing on the wing is unbelievable. A Lot like mansour does

My origin game three side is"

1. Matt Moylan
    2. Josh Mansour
    3. Jack Bird
    4. Brett Morris
    5. Tom Trbojevic
    6. James Maloney
    7. Adam Reynolds
    8. Aaron Woods
    9. Michael Ennis
    10. Ryan James
    11. Wade Graham
    12. Greg Bird
    13. Jake Trbojevic

14. James Tamou
    15. Andrew Fifita
    16. Bryce Cartwright
    17. Junior Paulo

James Tamou to the bench is because, of the impact he made in the Anzac day Test and how he played a massive role of the bench

Unbreakable likes this.
  20. Broncoman

Broncoman State of Origin Rep

Jack Bird has to start in Game 3. Not only is it the perfect game to do it, he is an unbelievable player.