NSW Team - Game III

Sure and offered zero in attack and threw the ball over the sideline to the guy in row three. If all fit, he doesn't get a look in ahead of Cordner, Graham, Frizell. And since it would ultimately come down to Jackson v Frizell, as the other two were already there, see you later Josh. Frizell is a gun and was stunning on debut, showed all the hallmarks of an origin type player. Jackson shows all the hallmarks of a slightly better than average club backrower.

which means NSW selectors will largely ignore him from now on.

:takdir:

I agree with you Bman, now is not the time to make wholesale changes.

That should be saved for next season when they have a fresh start and an opportunity to decide a series. If you gut the side now, you run the risk of fracturing the side and support staff.

That doesn't mean you just run out with the same 17, but you've got to be selective about which players you're going to blood.

Here's the side I'd go with...

1. Matt Moylan
2. Josh Mansour
3. Josh Morris
4. Josh Dugan
5. James Tedesco
6. James Maloney
7. Jack Bird
8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah
10. David Klemmer
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Josh Jackson
13. Paul Gallen

14. Bryce Cartwright
15. Andrew Fifita
16. Ryan James
17. Wade Graham

18. Tom Trbojevic
19. Junior Paulo

Get a load of that centre pairing. I've been critical of both, but with Bird in the halves and Jennings in poor touch I've been left with little choice. As a compromise, I've thrown Tedesco onto the wing. My rationale is that he can't be any worse than Ferguson and I believe he's a long term Blues player. However, without a proper half, Moylan's kicking game and ball-playing ability is much more valuable. On top of that, he had a much better game in Game II, so I'd be looking to build on that and giving him an opportunity to build a case for himself. You never know 1. Moylan 5. Tedesco could work next year.

I want either Fifita or Klemmer in the run on pack. If the Blues are a chance, they need somebody with a bit of passion who isn't afraid to get fired up and bend the rules a bit. I've gone with Klemmer because I see him as a long term option and the guy is fucking mental. I'd give him that added responsibility to help motivate the pack around him.

I thought Woods, Frizell and Jackson were among the Blues best so they retain their spots. As much as I feel compelled to bag him out, Farah has been among the Blues best this series and looks a different player than the one we're used to seeing at Wests. I've had my say about Gal, but he's still one of the top forwards in the competition and I think he deserves a home-town farewell.

I haven't been as kind to Greg Bird or James Tamou. I've given them the flick and filled the bench with a couple of new faces who have been in good touch as of late. Wade Graham would have played in Game II, so I'm sure he's just chomping at the bit to get his first taste of Origin. While Ryan James is somebody who's been involved with these camps before he even deserved to be. The Blues always saw something in him and now that he's among one of the best props in the game, he deserves a look in. With Reynolds out, it's time to graduate Cartwright and inject him into the game at around the 30th minute.

Who am I missing? Who is the elephant in the room? Ohhh Jack Bird. What can I say? He took to the role in Game IIand almost gave NSW one last sniff late in the contest. He's a footy player, has the right instincts and isn't afraid of anyone or to back himself. That's the type of player I want leading the team around. I think it's important to pick players who are going to be involved with the squad long term and I just don't see that in a Aidan Sezer, Mitchell Moses or if Laurie had his way Trent Hodkinson. Stick with this spine and let's see what they can conjure up in Game III.

1. James Tedesco
2. Josh Mansour
3. Jack Bird
4. Josh Morris
5. Tom Trobjevic
6. Matt Moylan
7. James Maloney
8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah
10.James Tamou
11.Josh Jackson
12.Tyson Frizzell
13.Jake Trobjevic

14. Ryan James
15. Wade Graham
16. Bryce Cartwright
17. Nathan Peats

18. Lachlan Coote
19. Trent Merrin

I'm not sure about the Josh selection Pete, he's getting a little seasoned, although I do like the Josh selection, he's played well this series, the Josh selection was interesting, I thought you weren't a massive fan of his. At least you picked Josh, his club form warrants it.

James, James and James are also great selections.

Decent team Beads, I like the Idea of Peats on the bench behind Farah, give him a taste before he inevitably takes over next season.

Upon review, this would be my team -

1. Tedesco
2. Mansour
3. Jennings
4. Bird
5. Trbjoevic
6. Moylan
7. Maloney
8. Woods (c)
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Frizell
12. Graham
13. Jackson

14. Peats
15. Cartwright
16. James
17. Campbell-Gillard

Two thought process here- new side, young guys and throw them in or persist and win this game with Gallen and Farah and take something away from the series.

It's a myth that New South Wales have kept the same players through this whole debacle. 22 debuts since 2012. They've tried things they've given players a crack.

Daley has given out 17 of them.

Young players who you think can take you forward has worked before. 1989 New South Wales blooded Daley, Lazarus, Clyde, Geyer, Cartwright, Johns, Sironen.

Guys that would be instrumental in the Blues winning the next 4/5 series from '90-'94.

To do that successfully you have to be committed, stick to it and develop them with a little luck too. No point replacing Moylan with Tedesco. You've put the work in to Moylan for two games why throw that away for another young player- you have to replace old guys with young guys.

The players need to return the favour too and go back to club football and develop and progress, Daley had a shocker in '89 was picked and laughed at and smashed all around the field. By the time '90 series came around he was a premiership player,

This is a good game to blood some debutants because it wont be as physical and there wont be as much pressure.

This is a good game to blood some debutants because it wont be as physical and there wont be as much pressure.
If they do that and I was Kev, I would send the team out with instructions to absolutely smash them, physically and on the scoreboard.

Destroy their confidence now, and use next year's series 2 games at home to make them switch and swap again.

If they do that and I was Kev, I would send the team out with instructions to absolutely smash them, physically and on the scoreboard.

Destroy their confidence now, and use next year's series 2 games at home to make them switch and swap again.

To be honest, I will be surprised if the boys aren't still celebrating the game 3 win and get carried away with it a little.

There is talk of Gallen deserving a home game to finish, etc. and while I don't disagree that he does deserve that, it's really the wrong way of thinking. The Blues are in trouble and need to find a way to start winning. It should not be about what one player deserves, it has to be about what the team needs

It's a strange school of thought IMO. Why does he "deserve" a sendoff? Why should his Origin career be even remotely celebrated? I doubt Lewis will get another for NSW and he didn't get one.

Look at it from Qld's point of view. Don't they deserve to give him a send-off?

Gallen is their captain, is the form lock forward for NSW (no Parker or Taumalolo) and nobody else has put their hand up.

So in that sense, he is deserving. Like Farah, he is still the best man for the job.

Peats has surpassed both Farah and Ennis this year for hooker. They are just too dumb to realise this.

If Gallen deserves a send-off, stick him in the back of a ute and do a lap before the game.

Gallen had the chance to be sent off in front of his home "crowd" in 2013 but Hayne and Klein lacked the stones to do it.

Re: Game 2 - QLD vs NSW

My NSW side for game 3.

1. Tedesco
2. Trbojevic
3. Ferguson
4. Leilua
5. Mansour
6. Moylan
7. Maloney
8. Woods
9. Peats
10. James
11. Frizzell
12. Graham
13. Gallen (last game)

14. Jack Bird
15. Trbojevic
16. Fifita
17. Cartwright

God I hope they pick Leilua. He is a flat track bully if ever there was one. So many mistakes in him , it would be a pleasure to watch him become a one gamer.

I do like the rest of your team though, it's young with plenty of points in it. My only concern if I was a NSwanker would be having to defend a lead in a close game.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.