NSW Team - Game III

In my view, Moylan is a player who you only pick at fullback, or not at all. Just because he happened to play five-eighth at NYC level back in 2011, doesn't mean he can play an Origin game there in 2016. At least with Jack Bird, he's played there recently, has good instincts and physically has shown he can handle players in the front-line. Moylan has none of that going for him.

I agree on Leilua. He plays every game like it's City vs Country and while he looks like a genius when it comes off, he can downright suck when it doesn't. Considering he's coming up against GI and Oates, I don't think his bag of tricks is going to work out that well for him. Like if he was coming up against Kurt Mann, that would be one thing, but he's got two men mountains coming up against him who can smash him if need be. I don't particularly rate Dugan, but the NSW selectors do and given what he means to the side and the fact he's been there before and been OK I think he'd make a decent fill-in.

I don't know about Peats being the best number 9 for NSW. On form, he's ahead of Farah, who is on the outer at club level and may not have a future in the NRL. However, he's still got Ennis and Wallace to compete with in that regard. Personally, I didn't have a problem with Farah's selection. He's been one of only a few players that has troubled Queensland over the years, his service was a clear improvement over Ennis and he had nothing to do with that 52-6 game. And since Peats wasn't really killing it at club level, to the point where the Eels considered him expendable, I thought Laurie was fine to go in the direction that he did. As far as Game III is concerned, I wouldn't be against Peats coming off the bench in place of Farah. I think that move has plenty of merit and would be a good reward for somebody who has been threw the ringer this season.

Ryan James should be a no-brainer off the bench, he's been one of the form front rows this season. It seems like I'm the only person in favour of Klemmer playing, but I think having him start and go on a mission early could be a real coming of age moment for him, which the Blues need from their front row.

Tamou shouldn't be in the team and I have no idea why he's being given a free-pass.

It looks like Cleary might be the half they have been searching for for years. If he keeps developing 2-3 years down the track (about the time we are having generational change) he might be the one to lead the blues renewal. All they have to do is find the halves partner for him and stick with them.

I believe Jake and Tom Trbojevic have to be in the side for game three.

For me Jake is slowly becoming one of the elite locks in the world and adds more than just tackling

and Tom is just a all round gun, his ability to drift in field and get involved when playing on the wing is unbelievable. A Lot like mansour does

My origin game three side is"

1. Matt Moylan
2. Josh Mansour
3. Jack Bird
4. Brett Morris
5. Tom Trbojevic
6. James Maloney
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Aaron Woods
9. Michael Ennis
10. Ryan James
11. Wade Graham
12. Greg Bird
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. James Tamou
15. Andrew Fifita
16. Bryce Cartwright
17. Junior Paulo

James Tamou to the bench is because, of the impact he made in the Anzac day Test and how he played a massive role of the bench

Jack Bird has to start in Game 3. Not only is it the perfect game to do it, he is an unbelievable player.

Bird won't start.

Laurie will look at the fact that Inglis didn't score so Walker will get another start.

Bird won't start.

Laurie will look at the fact that Inglis didn't score so Walker will get another start.
tZOAB.gif

Not feeling the Ryan James love personally.

Moylan dropped, Tedesco Fullback. (Moley on Twitter)

Harsh on Moylan. I would have found a spot for both him and Tedesco. Maybe if Moylan moves to the halves fulltime.

Moylan dropped, Tedesco Fullback. (Moley on Twitter)

typical NSW

I actually thought Moylan was quite good in both games ... but for some reason NSW never drop the people who deserve to be dropped.

I don't see why NSW can't do what QLD did when Slater was pushing for a fullback spot and Hunt was at fullback.

Use both of them.

I wonder how long Tedesco is going to last when they lose again next year..

Last edited:
NSW Origin III Side

NSW Game III Official Side

1. James Tedesco
2. Blake Ferguson
3. Josh Dugan
4. Michael Jennings
5. Josh Mansour
6. James Maloney
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Paul Gallen
9. Robbie Farah
10. Aaron Woods
11. Wade Graham
12. Josh Jackson
13. Tyson Frizell

14. Jack Bird
15. David Klemmer
16. Andrew Fifita
17. James Tamou

Development
18. Tom Trbojevic
19. Jake Trbojevic
20. Bryce Cartwright

Last edited by a moderator:
Onya teddy hope he brings his Tigers form to Origin. Pretty much what I expected, would've gotten Jack Bird in the centres

Onya teddy hope he brings his Tigers form to Origin. Pretty much what I expected, would've gotten Jack Bird in the centres
How do you feel about Moylan being dropped?

Dugan and Fergusen, YES!!!!

Aside from those two, that is a VERY good side. How unfortunate for us though that Walker wasn't picked again.

So how come that vile drug cheat peptide paul hasnt been cited for his grubby act on De Gois?

So how come that vile drug cheat peptide paul hasnt been cited for his grubby act on De Gois?

Compare the reaction to it vs Blair's chicken wing on Thaiday.

None, nobody cares because they won 12 straight and that trumps collaring someone off the ball.

How do you feel about Moylan being dropped?

Bit tough, he hasn't set the world on fire but I don't think he has been that bad and he will get better. They could've kept him but Tedesco's best position is fullback and he has been arguably the best fullback in the comp this year so he deserves to be there and with him at fullback he will get his hands on the ball more often then he would on the wing.

Great to see Frizzel starting over Bird, Greg Bird has had his day in the Origin arena and it's time for some new blood. Hopefully Graham brings his Sharks form to Origin like Frizzel did. Would've had Jack Bird starting at in the centres.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.