Referees: Liam Kennedy
Sideline Officials: Jake Shearer, Nick Pelgrave
Kick Off: 5:15pm

Last edited:
Didn't know Lowrie was the coach of the knights 20s side
that was a quick succession plan for him

Didn't know Lowrie was the coach of the knights 20s side
that was a quick succession plan for him

From memory Brown told him what his vision was for the first grade side and that he didn't fit in with that so he offered him the NYC gig.

He's doing alright Toddy. Knights are currently sitting sixth and that's largely been without Tofilau, Uta and the Saifiti brothers.

Newcastle have been on television quite a bit this season. I caught their Round 3 loss against Canberra and I must admit, this team looks a lot better than the one that played then.

#6 Brock Lamb and #7 Jack Cogger hold the key for them. Both of them possess a magnificant kicking game and they can rescue any set of six on the last play. Allen, Faiud and Alick are going to have to be on song with their positioning and will have to be an extra metre ahead of them at all times if they want to shut them down.

Up front, I really like the look of Amey and Tuilotolava. Every NYC club could use a Tyrone Amey, a hard-working forward who is going to get through his carries and make his tackles with minimum fuss. Tuilotolava compliments him quite well with his size and foot-work. Lowrie has had him play on the left edge where he's proven a handful but it's up the middle where he seems more adept. I expect to see Morris and Meaney playing off the back of his second phase so somebody in the Broncos pack (Elliott) will have to make it his mission to cut him down.'

Finally there is Cory Denniss and Ken Tofilau. I'm sure some of you are familiar with Cory, but if not he was the player coach Brown called up to replace Akuila Uate. Physically he's really mature for his age and the Knights have had a lot of success with him and Henry Penn making metres down their respective fringes. This week the Broncos will have to contend with a NSW Cup player in the form of Tofilau. I must admit I haven't seen a lot of Tofilau but he's considered one of the more exciting Kiwi prospects coming through and was apart of the Knights premiership winning NSW Cup side. Saturday will be his first game back in the NYC and I'm sure he'll be looking to win his NSW Cup spot back after Penn was promoted this week.

It won't be easy but if the Broncos can absorb the pressure, they maybe able to expose the Knights through their ruck. It's a real weakness for the Knights so if a Tevita Pangai Jr, Keegan Hipgrave or Jaydn Sua can earn a quick play the ball for their team, Saitaua first instict has to be run. Get them back-peddling and O'Hara and Brimson can't be afraid to play tight and look for inside balls as that is where they'll get them.

After last week's disappointment, this is a really important game for the boys. 3 and 4 steadies the ship, but if they let it get out to a 2 and 5 I don't think their ceiling is higher enough to recover.

whitbread starts and another guy I haven't heard of before came onto the bench

Tries to Faiud & Saitaua, 12-0 Broncos.

Ta mate.

Keep us posted on the game.

Sounds like the boys are off to a much better start this week.

Tries to Faiud and Saitaua.

12-0 Broncos after 20.

Newcastle hit back through hooker Joe Morris.

Broncos 12-6

HT

Try to Faiud. Conversion successful. Broncos 18 - 6 leaders. 14 to go.

Faiud bombed one a while ago, but he's pretty sharp over the turf.

Length of the field try to the Knights. Broncos attacking kick picked up with noone at home after the front
line. Kick is good. Broncos 18 - 6. 10 to go.

Meaney certainly has speed, he's been one of the Knights better players when I've watched them play.

18 all.

I'm just going to stfu now.

I am clearly the kiss of death for our u20s....

Meaney certainly has speed, he's been one of the Knights better players when I've watched them play.

He's quick.....I'd say Kahu pace....not as sharp as Roberts though...

Alick showed great speed to catch Meaney. Another metre and would have caught him before line.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • lynx000
  • Allo
  • mitch222
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Skathen
  • johnny plath
  • The Don
  • Xzei
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • RolledOates
  • kiwibronco
  • Kev_Guz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.