NEWS Oates dubious for opener

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Travis Meyn writes in tomorrow's Courier Mail that Corey Oates' leg infection recovery is slower than previously reported.

Although he's returned to training he's been put on a restricted program, and he's lost body mass. Oates thinks he might be dealing with the swelling for the rest of the season.

Should Oates not make the season opener, Xavier Coates looms the possible replacement.

Says Jesse Arthars:

“`X’ is a freak of an athlete, he’s a big boy. He’s working hard for a spot in that first 17. It’s good to see the young fellas going hard. There’s a lot of wingers and outside backs. It’s really healthy for the club at the moment. It’s good to have Oatesy out there, he’s a good fella, he is a big athlete like X. He came back a little bit skinny but I’m sure he’ll put it back on – he’s a big boy."

In other news Scot Czislowski has left the club after more than a decade as football manager, to be replaced by current Welfare manager Adam Walsh.

Plus the Broncs are auctioning off some signed jerseys, boots and backpacks for the BUSHFIRE APPEAL. This includes a pair of Jake Turpin's signed boots, and Jack Bird’s 2017 Auckland Nines jersey.

Last edited:
Will Oates ever get past this staph infection?

The news just never gets better with this kid does it.

The news just never gets better with this kid does it.
Hello boys

Oates

For an origin player, some of his performances last year were diabolical. Got to say he has regressed after becoming a father. One of my favourites but this injury could be a blessing for our young brigade in the waiting.
I hope Farnworth is the one who Seibs picks on that left edge, seems a strong player and will fill the void of kick return meterage judging by his handful of games last year.

For an origin player, some of his performances last year were diabolical.
Still our top tryscorer. Again. Mind you, we did lose two of our centres.

Also overwhelming favourite for top tryscorer this year. From NRL.com

Screenshot 2020 01 24 Brisbane makes history with Glenn captaincy appointment

Last edited:

Active Now

• cento
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
  • kman
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
  • Organix
  • jd87
  • Foordy
  • unnerv1ng
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.