Jan 25, 2014
Corey oates 164bj80z76apk1pelvrn20bktv

Broncos powerhouse Corey Oates says he’s weeks away from resolving his future

August 4, 2018

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I think he's as good as gone.

Sounds like he's on the way out.

Shame but reality is if some douchebag club want to pay $700k if true then that’s on them and all that is wrong with the nrl. No reward for developing a player or respect to fans. Worth 500 on wing for me. No more as backrower given unproven in that position and got to be doubts body will hold up to forwards week in and out.

He’s gone but suspect more likely he will go the Hoffman route and lose a lot of money and career in wrong run...

Surely no-one’s going to pay him 700K to play second row? That’s a huge gamble.

Already sour grapes and we don't have a clue if he is even leaving yet. Can't blame other teams for their interest in him, he is a hell of a player.
I didn't mean it like that. Totally agree, he is a great player

If he does leave at least it will be one less bronco dropping the ball all the time

Im going to be shattered if he leaves =(

Along with 70% of our tries.

Put a half decent winger in his place and we still get most of those tries. He gets so many because of the good work done inside him, only some of his are because of his work alone.

We’d miss his metres a bit, but then we all thought that when Vidot wasn’t renewed too. Not much changed... But our pack has. Most sides enjoy the metres their wingers give them but don’t rely on them because they have forward packs for that. Hopefully we can get there one day too...

I hope Corey stays, but his clear lack of obvious desire to do so is an issue for me. In fact it seems to be an issue with the whole club at present.

Perhaps a clean out is what is needed.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Battler
  • Santa
  • broncos4life
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • levikaden
  • heartly87
  • NSW stables
  • Gaz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • spanky
  • Hoof Hearted
  • bert_lifts
  • Fozz
  • marw
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.