ODI series V India

That first ball of the last over should never have been called wide, put the game squarely back in India's favour really.

So much for Dhoni's comments regarding DRS too, India had all the incorrect decisions go their way.

What a bitter-sweet day for Mitch Marsh. From what I saw, he had his best innings with the bat and scored a much deserved century. Unfortunately he had a forgettable night with the ball with a few loose deliveries at inopportune moments. Yes, he was unlucky with the wide call, but Marsh simply didn't have the composure when he needed it most.

That isn't to point the finger at Marsh. The Australians let themselves down in several departments and didn't create or take enough opportunities. It isn't the end of the world by any means and I thought they played some fantastic cricket throughout the series minus a few key players.

It's been a quality summer for the Aussies. I hope they cap it off in the Twenty20s before they tour other countries. The latter could prove the most intriguing as critics have been quick to label Australians as home-town bullies.

Let's not forget the strength or lack of from the Aussie bowling in particular. Look at Richarson , 5for in the last game and not playing here . Aussie selectors just taking the piss and to see how far they could push it and still win. India takes nothing from this series.

Last edited:
As a team I agree, but I think a few individuals can take a lot of confidence from this series.

Bowling was their biggest weakness and I never felt like they challenged the Australians enough in the field.

Is Dhoni worth persevering with?

As a team I agree, but I think a few individuals can take a lot of confidence from this series.

Bowling was their biggest weakness and I never felt like they challenged the Australians enough in the field.

Is Dhoni worth persevering with?
Yeah, I think that is India's big problem. It's all about the individual.

Dhoni is past it but they have few realistic alternatives. Keep him in the team but he certainly needs to pass the captaincy on, he doesn't have the necessary 'feel' for important moments and often just lets matches slide on as opposed to taking opportunities to press.

Watching this ODI series was quite boring IMO. I'd be in favour of 3 match series in the future. We need to do something about the benign state of our pitches. Also watching our bowling attack this series showed me how important genuine quick bowlers like Starc, Cummins and Pattinson are. They can create a fair few more wicket taking chances and Starc is on a complete other level in the shorter forms.

Our batting was pretty much first choice this series and our scores reflected that but you throw in Starc particularly and Cummins and India find that series even harder than they did going down 4-1.

It was an OK series, I guess. I strongly prefer more bowler friendly pitches though, these ones have been just way too easy for the batsmen.

It was an OK series, I guess. I strongly prefer more bowler friendly pitches though, these ones have been just way too easy for the batsmen.

its just about getting a good balance. i don't mind seeing big chases of 300+ but you also occasionally want to see a game where the bowlers get on top - it just makes the dynamic of the game/series more unpredictable and interesting.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Thelmus
  • LittleDavey
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • TimWhatley
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.