Off-Season

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
Poor Patty. Everyone's breaking his balls.
A259ec08 fdb9 4308 8ce8 9108dd39ff28 text

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Player
Sep 10, 2018
Threads
I think a lot of people are mis-interpreting this rule big time… it’s in the opposing teams 40 (where we would score) where if we were to give away a 6 again infringement it would result in a penalty carrying them up the other end. This is not the case when you are defending your line relentlessly and give one away as that would disadvantage the team who can play fast footy and fatigue defences as opposed to a tap or taking 2.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Threads
I think a lot of people are mis-interpreting this rule big time… it’s in the opposing teams 40 (where we would score) where if we were to give away a 6 again infringement it would result in a penalty carrying them up the other end. This is not the case when you are defending your line relentlessly and give one away as that would disadvantage the team who can play fast footy and fatigue defences as opposed to a tap or taking 2.

Pretty sure we understood. We all basically screamed for exactly this - so many six agains given to Brisbane when we were on our 20m line on the first tackle that should’ve just been a penalty to us to allow us to get upfield

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Threads
Pretty sure we understood. We all basically screamed for exactly this - so many six agains given to Brisbane when we were on our 20m line on the first tackle that should’ve just been a penalty to us to allow us to get upfield
Should have been this from the beginning / interpreted that way.. Penalties were still an option, refs just don't fucking referee the game they're in and give commen sense a fair go

HarryAllan7

HarryAllan7

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
Threads
A couple of our squad featured.
View attachment 16661
There is deadset a consipracy in the NRL to always try to classify JAC as the fastest player.
Anyone who has been watching the last few years can see clear as day that he's lost at least a step of pace recently, but even before that, he was never even close to being as fast as people have always claimed.
I've watched him run down by other wingers, centres and last year even a second rower (can't remember which one) ran him down from behind.
He's obviously very quick but he's not even close to being the fastest player in the NRL anymore (if he ever was), yet they never stop pumping his tyres.

J

Johnny92

QCup Player
Jul 3, 2021
Threads
There is deadset a consipracy in the NRL to always try to classify JAC as the fastest player.
Anyone who has been watching the last few years can see clear as day that he's lost at least a step of pace recently, but even before that, he was never even close to being as fast as people have always claimed.
I've watched him run down by other wingers, centres and last year even a second rower (can't remember which one) ran him down from behind.
He's obviously very quick but he's not even close to being the fastest player in the NRL anymore (if he ever was), yet they never stop pumping his tyres.
I reckon they pump his tyres up mostly because he's got that social media presence.. guys like Saab and Hamiso seem the more quiet types.. same as they pump up guys like Brandon Smith and Munster.
Saab, Hamiso, Xavier Savage and probably Coates have it over JAC.
Herbie and Cobbo would be close too i reckon.

JAHHW

JAHHW

NRL Captain
Aug 24, 2017
Threads
What I will watch with interest is his decline from “superstar winger” to “just another fast bloke” now he’s not at the Storm.

A bit like McLean, who’s reportedly looking at a $400k p/a haircut because he doesn’t have the players and systems around him to make him look far better than he actually is.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Threads
Broncos and Ex-Broncos dominate the All Stars and Indig squads. How good!

Current
Kelly
Staggs
James
Cobbo
TC

Former
DFifi
Bird
K Niko
J Niko

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

State of Origin Captain
Jul 28, 2016
Threads

Current
Kelly
Staggs
James
Cobbo
TC

Former
DFifi
Bird
K Niko
J Niko
Higher risk of injuries 😬😬😬

McHunt

McHunt

State of Origin Captain
Aug 25, 2018
Threads

Current
Kelly
Staggs
James
Cobbo
TC

Former
DFifi
Bird
K Niko
J Niko
Good trial for Albert, Selwyn, Ryan and TC. Would prefer to keep Kotoni on ice.

Riki misses out. Could've played for either side. No Brenko either. That should tell you his ranking relative to Selwyn.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Threads
Good trial for Albert, Selwyn, Ryan and TC. Would prefer to keep Kotoni on ice.

Riki misses out. Could've played for either side. No Brenko either. That should tell you his ranking relative to Selwyn.
Thing about Staggs playing v not playing is we have some genuine depth now if anything does happen to staggs and he misses a couple games.

I also have this weird thought that because we have depth, nothing bad will happen. . Before when he was our only hope, he'd go down - why? Just because. Football gods or something.

Anyway, carry on

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Rep
Apr 4, 2014
Threads
I just hope Daley doesn't play Staggs in the forwards

Tipping Ladder

• tommy
    70.00 pts

tommy

• Correct picks
      70 out of 96
  • Waynesaurus
    68.00 pts

Waynesaurus

• Correct picks
      68 out of 96
  • morethenjack
    65.00 pts

morethenjack

• Correct picks
      65 out of 96
  • ivanhungryjak
    64.00 pts

ivanhungryjak

• Correct picks
      64 out of 96
  • Mister Wright
    64.00 pts

Mister Wright

• Correct picks
      64 out of 96

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cobbo01

Members online

• Pablo
  • Alec
  • McHunt
  • Waynesaurus
  • Big Del
  • simplythebest
  • Mustafur
  • KnToad
  • Robboi_321
  • broncos4life
  • johnny plath
  • lynx000
  • Dee
  • Harry Sack
  • Wild Horse
  • teampjta
  • GKDonkey
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Bongo
  • pagey
... and 24 more.
Team P W L PD Pts
12 11 1 216 22
12 9 3 189 18
12 8 4 134 16
12 8 4 63 16
11 7 4 58 14
11 7 4 48 14
11 6 5 33 12
11 5 6 1 10
11 5 6 -33 10
12 5 7 -60 10
11 5 6 -83 10
11 4 7 -89 8
11 3 8 -92 6
12 3 9 -98 6
11 3 8 -148 6
11 2 9 -139 4
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.