[Official] Broncos sign Darren Nicholls

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Mar 5, 2008
this popped up on Twitter today.

Wyong Roos NSW Cup half back Darren Nichols has signed for the Brisbane Broncos, effective immediately.

Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

this popped up on Twitter today.

Wyong Roos NSW Cup half back Darren Nichols has signed for the Brisbane Broncos, effective immediately.

Wow, how random. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but surely this means they are looking to play him in the halves over hoffman.
[MENTION=2210]Bucking Beads[/MENTION] once again BHQ's twitter correspondent has come through

Last edited:

I wonder if he's a genuine chance of playing first grade and pushing Hoffman back to wing.

Apologies for that dog's breakfast, but it's better than nothing, maybe.

Awesome work, thanks for all that! Will be interesting to see if anything comes of it, I can understand a pre-season signing but mid-year from NSW cup? And immediate? Interesting.

How old is he??

Odd signing given we've got plenty of young halves options but maybe they expect him to play this year.

Not sure, I saw that one too but the Toulouse thing spooked me... I think it might be.

I just did some digging, and yep, this is the right guy. There are also some random highlights of him on the NSWRL page and Wyong Roos pages.

Looks like a good pickup.

Last edited by a moderator:

I know they are just highlights but he looks good.

Literally first time I've heard of him, but I can't imagine him being worse than Hoggman.

Did I really see him in that video pass the ball to the goal post? still that's one more pass than Hoffy.

I wonder if he's a genuine chance of playing first grade and pushing Hoffman back to wing.

For the below reasons I think he'll definitely play FG this season.

Awesome work, thanks for all that! Will be interesting to see if anything comes of it, I can understand a pre-season signing but mid-year from NSW cup? And immediate? Interesting.

Seeing what I can find out about him. I know a guy who's a former Wyong Roos player and still lives and breathes the club. Will report back when he gets back to me

For the below reasons I think he'll definitely play FG this season.

Seeing what I can find out about him. I know a guy who's a former Wyong Roos player and still lives and breathes the club. Will report back when he gets back to me

Nice Harry.

I also agree with what Morks said, if he is just depth or to fill out the squad he would be signed during the preseason, or signed for next year and allowed to finish the year with the roos. If he is not in serious contention to **** hoggman off hte signing with immediate effect is pointless

Seems light on his feet, might be a ball hog though. At least he's been playing against men as opposed to the NYC, but again, that wasn't NRL standard defence and it makes you wonder if he'll be caught & monstered when he tries to use his pretty footwork.

Yes I'm hard to please, and it would be good to see him given a chance. Like this weekend.

Seems light on his feet, might be a ball hog though. At least he's been playing against men as opposed to the NYC, but again, that wasn't NRL standard defence and it makes you wonder if he'll be caught & monstered when he tries to use his pretty footwork.

Yes I'm hard to please, and it would be good to see him given a chance. Like this weekend.
When the comparison is Hoggman, no one is a ball hog. And when we're talking about 5/8's, almost anyone is better than Josh!

Cue the....

6. Darren Nicholls
7. Ben Hunt

arm-chair selections despite nobody knowing who he was let alone watching him play before.

It will take some time to mix in with the boys before he'll be ready. Either way, good luck to him, sounds like bit of a journeyman, so to be afforded this opportunity will be like an absolute godsend to him.

Last edited:
I seriously hope we don't jerk him around and not play him - why else would we sign him when we've got a couple of other halves available?

Coming up on 10 rounds of Hoffman in the halves, of course people are getting desperate. I reckon we won't see any changes in that department until Rnd 20 or so like last year.

Cue the....

6. Darren Nicholls
7. Ben Hunt

arm-chair selections despite nobody knowing who he was let alone watching him play before.

It will take some time to mix in with the boys before he'll be ready. Either way, good luck to him, sounds like bit of a journeyman, so to be afforded this opportunity will be like an absolute godsend to him.

To be fair, I think everyone is just really desperate for an actual half to partner Hunt that they would take anyone at this point, even if they don't know him.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • ThomasovPreaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.