11. Luke Lewis
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Greg Bird
14. Andrew Fifita
15. Trent Merrin
16. Josh Reynolds
17. Anthony Watmough

Last edited by a moderator:
It's basically what I would have picked.

Hayne is a big loss IMO.

Interesting that they've decided to name Farah VC.

Team is basically as expected, Dugan to replace Hayne. Dugan is a very good player but I'm not sure he's an origin performer like Hayne is, hopefully he isn't.

I thought they might have gone with Mason instead of Woods.

I thought they might have gone with Mason instead of Woods.

Mason definitely has the experience and is pretty damn underrated these days, but he hasn't got many years in him and Woods has been consistently playing the house down for like a year and a half now.

Mason definitely has the experience and is pretty damn underrated these days, but he hasn't got many years in him and Woods has been consistently playing the house down for like a year and a half now.

Yep..fair points there.
I just thought Masons experience might have been a better option up here in such a big game.
Don't get me wrong though .... i really don't care who they pick !!

Was expecting a similar team from game 1 but i'm happy with the changes that have been made. Very happy with Aaron Woods being named he is an absolute beast and has been playing very well for an understrength Tigers. Hayne is a big loss but Dugan is a worthy replacement as he has been in great form since joining the Dragons. GO THE BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Official NSW Side for Game II that will win the series

Congrats to Woods and Dugan for making the team.

Mason was always solid in this arena but aside from the odd game I don't think he quite delivered on expectations. I recall him specifically blowing the Blues chances in 07.

Just wish Reynolds had been dropped for T Sims.
I can only assume that Daley's plan is to throw Reynolds in as a wildcard if we're getting our arses handed to us, in which case, it's already too late.

Mason was always solid in this arena but aside from the odd game I don't think he quite delivered on expectations. I recall him specifically blowing the Blues chances in 07.

Do you remember the 3rd game in 2004 where he took a short pass from Fittler (I think) and ran 70 meters and dropped the ball just short of the line, Slater was the one that ran him down.

Indeed Bman, pretty much sums up his Origin career in a sense.

Plenty of promise let down by a lack of focus.

Glad Grant isn't there, but Woods may prove a handful too.

Hope Dugan chokes.

Thoughts on the team

Josh Dugan - Been in sensational form and is making a huge impact at the Dragons. Can cover up Hayne with his speed and power. Position can be debated but is probably the best aviable NSW fullback.

Brett Morris - Starting too become a true performer at Origin leval, contained Darius Boyd well in Sydney.

Michael Jennings - Was outstanding in game 1 and will be keen to produce a similar performance in Brisbane.

Josh Morris - Had a quiet game 1 only making 7 tackles and 6 runs but is one of the game's best centres and can't be ignored

Blake Ferguson - Was strong on debut and deserves to keep his spot after making the 2nd most runs out of the NSW backline with 11 and was composed in defence.

James Maloney - Deserves to keep his spot after an outstanding debut, directed the team around terrificaly and made 22 tackles and a line break

Mitchell Pearce - Was solid but unspectacular in Sydney but is always going to be picked.

Paul Gallen - Is he a man or a machine, despite his much followed punch-up with Nate Myles was one of the Blues best again in a typical workaholic performance.

Robbie Farah - Wonder what Blocker roach thinks now of Robbie being an Origin player, easily the best hooker in NSW. He will play

Aaron Woods - Great to see him named, has been a real standout in a severely understrength Tigers team. Totally deserves his selectiomn

Luke Lewis - Awesome performance in game 1 and is an automatic regardless

Ryan Hoffman - Wasn't as good as I was expecting but still played very well and was heavily involved

Greg Bird - Made for this level of footy and played another heavily involved game in Sydney

Andrew Fifita - Made an impact of the bench although playing just 29 minutes and making 9 runs but gained 75 meters and an offload. More game time would help the Blues considerably

Trent Merrin - Only got limited game time but like fifita made an impact of the bench and produced similar stats

Josh Reynolds - Shouldn't get another Aaron Raper experience, should get game time in Brisbane

Anthony Watmough - Great player and is made for origin, adds a lot of muscle and intimidation and like Fifita and merrin made an impact in game 1

Sorry my bad Morris apparently was marking Tate.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • KateBroncos1812
  • sooticus
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • Rough and Ready
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Cavalo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bish
  • Wolfie
  • teampjta
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • Fatboy
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.