Official NSW Side for Game II

Merrit or Tafua will surely replace Fergo. Dugan might not get dropped, sounds like he only broke saints booze ban. That 2.8 mil contract might be in danger tho lol

I hope so. I dont' rate either Merrit or Tafua.

So we'll finally see if he's worthy after all these years of people whinging that he hasn't been picked.

Happy for Merritt. Seems to be a good bloke, works hard, doesn't complain and just gets on with the job.

In saying that I hope he makes 1000 knock ons and throws 4 intercept passes in his own in goal.

Happy for Merritt. Seems to be a good bloke, works hard, doesn't complain and just gets on with the job.

In saying that I hope he makes 1000 knock ons and throws 4 intercept passes in his own in goal.

His defense is average at best. he'll be in all sorts against our left edge.

His defense is average at best. he'll be in all sorts against our left edge.

I think his defense is actually pretty good at club level.

It'll be interesting to see how he handles the occasion though.

Very happy for Nathan Merritt finally getting a crack after so many of years of people complaining. Have a feeling that he will pull of a Hazem from 2007 and plays very well.

If QLD gets Inglis some early ball so the defence isn't right up in his face, it'll be interesting to see how Merritt and Jorris handle him. Because Inglis with room to move could absolutely dominate them.

If QLD gets Inglis some early ball so the defence isn't right up in his face, it'll be interesting to see how Merritt and Jorris handle him. Because Inglis with room to move could absolutely dominate them.

... and we were absolutely dreadful in game 1

Nathan Merritt selection honest opinion - To win at Origin you need to select the best available players and Nathan Merritt is the best winger available.

Taufua? (Would've been worth the gamble but may not be up to it yet)
Uate? (just comeback from injury and hasn't been in best form)
Gordon? (injured)
McManus? (consistent at the Knights but got toweled up in Origin from memory and is unlikely to play again)

Merritt is a great finisher with a lethal strike rate and if NSW can give him good clean ball and if he finds any space or if QLD give some away Merritt will be a real worry with his great speed. Would also be a bonus to him if J-Morris plays a blinder. His defence isn't the best but has improved over the last couple of years, but he is worth the risk.

Merritt will be targeted as a weak spot.........that said, he deserves this chance.

No doubt he will be targeted i'm expecting him to have a nervous start but will settle into the game after his 1st couple of touches or action.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.