Official round 1 team

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Oakland, California
so people dont have to go sifting through the predictions to find it.....

1 Karmichael Hunt

2 Reece Robinson

3 Steve Michaels

4 Justin Hodges

5 Darius Boyd

6 Darren Lockyer

7 Peter Wallace

8 Ben Hannant

9 Michael Ennis

10 Joel Clinton

11 Corey Parker

12 Ashton Sims

13 Tonie Carroll

Interchange

14 PJ Marsh

15 Sam Thaiday

16 Greg Eastwood

17 David Stagg

18 Nick Kenny

Spud

QCup Player
Huh, Dave Taylor gets dropped for being overweight, yet Greg Eastwood is listed? Hopefully we have a leaner and fitter Eastwood this year.

ALH

QCup Player
cam said:
Would like Stagg to play the 80 to help the rotation. perhaps he is not fully fit or something
He is coming back from a shoulder reco so they should ease him back.

mal

QCup Player
Brisvegas
Spud said:
Huh, Dave Taylor gets dropped for being overweight, yet Greg Eastwood is listed? Hopefully we have a leaner and fitter Eastwood this year.
Don't know if that's entirely true...

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
Spud said:
From what I have seen and heard of Eastwood's efforts in the offseason his position is well deserved, as for Taylor he has the talent but needs to earn his way back into the side, no repeats wanted of Carlaw.

Bucking Beads

International Captain
The Lounge
We have a great side this year. Obviously we are going to miss our big forwards of years gone by but who says we can change our game and lean towards quailty off loads and quick play the balls.

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
BTW people don't be surprised when we run out in our white away strip, its been a choice made by the Broncos to help with the heat and as a result force the Panthers to play in their black jersey.

I also want to extend a big good luck to Reece Robinson, making his first grade debut, his been impressive so far in the trial series and I certainly hope that continues in first grade.

ALH

QCup Player
GCBRONCO said:
BTW people don't be surprised when we run out in our white away strip, its been a choice made by the Broncos to help with the heat and as a result force the Panthers to play in their black jersey.

I also want to extend a big good luck to Reece Robinson, making his first grade debut, his been impressive so far in the trial series and I certainly hope that continues in first grade.
How big is Robinson?

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast

Date of Birth: 13/6/1987

Birthplace: Sydney

Junior Club: Alexandra Rovers

Position: Outside back

Height: 180cm Weight: 92kg

Rep Honours: Nil

Previous Clubs: Cronulla, South Sydney

Career Games: Nil
Career Tries: Nil
2007 Games: Nil
2007 Tries: Nil

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
He showed signs of very good footwork and speed in the Redcliffe trial and was impressive in our trials as well so while his not the biggest winger he may have other areas to his advantage.

Jazza

QCup Player
GCBRONCO said:

Smart idea. The cowboys did the same thing last year in the finals against the warriors

ALH

QCup Player
GCBRONCO said:
He showed signs of very good footwork and speed in the Redcliffe trial and was impressive in our trials as well so while his not the biggest winger he may have other areas to his advantage.
Speed / footwork with 92kg will pose plenty questions for the defense.

1. Don't realise how Robinson could've proved himself in a trial match or two more than Kemp impressing in three NRL games for us, 'less he's injured, and Hewitt also showing he's all class in the top grade? Not sold on this one, but happy to be proven wrong.

2. What the **** is the point of having Stagg on the bench?

3. GREAT to see Michaels in the centres and Hannant as one starting prop.

Not bad, overall. Give 'em hell.

SSS

NYC Player
mick! said:
1. Don't realise how Robinson could've proved himself in a trial match or two more than Kemp impressing in three NRL games for us, 'less he's injured, and Hewitt also showing he's all class in the top grade? Not sold on this one, but happy to be proven wrong.

2. What the **** is the point of having Stagg on the bench?

3. GREAT to see Michaels in the centres and Hannant as one starting prop.

Not bad, overall. Give 'em hell.

1. I totally agree with you, I simply fear we will lose the talented speedsters Kemp & Davies because if we don't use them someone else will... How much influnce does Mundine have???

2. I have no problem with Stagg on the bench, he is lighter and faster this year, so with the new 10 interchange rule he will be able to inflict a little more damage late in each half, let the bigger guys wear them out and then bring on Marsh and Staggy to tear'em apart... he's also our option for replacing an injured back.

2. Agree completely

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter