Official round 1 team

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
so people dont have to go sifting through the predictions to find it.....

1 Karmichael Hunt

2 Reece Robinson

3 Steve Michaels

4 Justin Hodges

5 Darius Boyd

6 Darren Lockyer

7 Peter Wallace

8 Ben Hannant

9 Michael Ennis

10 Joel Clinton

11 Corey Parker

12 Ashton Sims

13 Tonie Carroll

Interchange

14 PJ Marsh

15 Sam Thaiday

16 Greg Eastwood

17 David Stagg

18 Nick Kenny

Huh, Dave Taylor gets dropped for being overweight, yet Greg Eastwood is listed? Hopefully we have a leaner and fitter Eastwood this year.

Would like Stagg to play the 80 to help the rotation. perhaps he is not fully fit or something

cam said:
Would like Stagg to play the 80 to help the rotation. perhaps he is not fully fit or something
He is coming back from a shoulder reco so they should ease him back.

Spud said:
Huh, Dave Taylor gets dropped for being overweight, yet Greg Eastwood is listed? Hopefully we have a leaner and fitter Eastwood this year.

Don't know if that's entirely true...

Spud said:

From what I have seen and heard of Eastwood's efforts in the offseason his position is well deserved, as for Taylor he has the talent but needs to earn his way back into the side, no repeats wanted of Carlaw.

We have a great side this year. Obviously we are going to miss our big forwards of years gone by but who says we can change our game and lean towards quailty off loads and quick play the balls.

BTW people don't be surprised when we run out in our white away strip, its been a choice made by the Broncos to help with the heat and as a result force the Panthers to play in their black jersey.

I also want to extend a big good luck to Reece Robinson, making his first grade debut, his been impressive so far in the trial series and I certainly hope that continues in first grade.

GCBRONCO said:
BTW people don't be surprised when we run out in our white away strip, its been a choice made by the Broncos to help with the heat and as a result force the Panthers to play in their black jersey.

I also want to extend a big good luck to Reece Robinson, making his first grade debut, his been impressive so far in the trial series and I certainly hope that continues in first grade.

How big is Robinson?

robinson,_reece.jpg

Date of Birth: 13/6/1987

Birthplace: Sydney

Junior Club: Alexandra Rovers

Position: Outside back

Height: 180cm Weight: 92kg

Rep Honours: Nil

Previous Clubs: Cronulla, South Sydney

Career Games: Nil
Career Tries: Nil
2007 Games: Nil
2007 Tries: Nil

He showed signs of very good footwork and speed in the Redcliffe trial and was impressive in our trials as well so while his not the biggest winger he may have other areas to his advantage.

ALH said:
renouf said:
weird, so white jerseys are cooler?

Light colours don't attract the heat compared to Black.

Yeap so anything that we can use to help us to an advantage we should take.

GCBRONCO said:

Smart idea. The cowboys did the same thing last year in the finals against the warriors

GCBRONCO said:
He showed signs of very good footwork and speed in the Redcliffe trial and was impressive in our trials as well so while his not the biggest winger he may have other areas to his advantage.

Speed / footwork with 92kg will pose plenty questions for the defense.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Big Del
  • Midean
  • HarryAllan7
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
  • Harry Sack
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Adammacca
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.