[Official] Scott Anderson to Wakefield

kaidenshipley

kaidenshipley

BRL Player
Jul 5, 2013
He may not have played in as many games as he would have liked last year for the Brisbane Broncos but a new challenge awaits prop Scott Anderson, who has signed a 1-year deal with the Wakefield Wildcats.
Anderson, who has also enjoyed a stint with the Melbourne Storm, played in 50 games for the Broncos and is keen to get his new challenge underway on the other side of the world.
“I’m really excited,” said Anderson.
“It’s a new challenge for me and a big challenge to come over to Super League. I know there have been a lot of players that have come over and been successful so hopefully I can be too.
“I spoke with Ben Cross and he said he loved every minute of playing over there. From what he said and from what I’ve seen, it’s different to the NRL in that it’s a lot more of an attacking game.
“I was at Melbourne who probably started the idea of a wrestle as a big part of defence so I’m looking forward to getting over and using some of the skills I haven’t used since I was younger, like offloading and things like that.”
Anderson enjoyed an 8-year career in the NRL – and he is yet to cross the try-line during that time – he believes that he can bring a solid work ethic and hard work to the Wildcats.
“I’d probably say my work rate is my main attribute, doing the hard yards and the little things in the game. Anyone that has seen my try scoring record will see I’ve never scored in the NRL, so I’m not one for all the fancy stuff!
“I’m excited for the challenge,” said Anderson.
“I’ve picked up a lot of experience from two good clubs in Melbourne and Brisbane, so hopefully I can bring some of that over to Wakefield. It’s probably going to be a fairly young squad so I’ll be one of the elder statesmen and can help some of the guys out with my experiences.”
Off-contract Brisbane prop signs with Wakefield | NRL News

That's the best signing news all year.

Good luck to him, it was known he wasn't going to be at the club as announced at the club player awards night but I'm glad to see he can at least continue to play on, I wish him the best at his new club.

He wasn't a good player and we most likely paid overs for him, but good luck to him nonetheless. Despite England's comp being of a lower standard, it's got so many things going for it over the NRL in terms of playing style, could end up being more enjoyable.

Yep, wish him well.

Doubt he'll ever win most popular on here and I'm definitely apart of that camp. Thought he was a weak link at Melbourne and really thought nothing of his signing. He had the odd decent game here or there, but I can't ever recall him being MotM and when he was bad, he was pretty bad.

With that said, he always seemed like a great bloke off the field and so I don't hold any contempt for the bloke.

I didn't rate him Big Pete but yeah had nothing actually against the guy, my rants were more aimed at his "ability" on the field then his character and in general I think thats how most people felt towards him, there was nothing to really hate about the guy, just wasn't what we needed at the club.

Good luck Scott

I'm glad he won't be at the broncos anymore but am also glad he has picked something else up. I have never doubted he tried he's best for us, I just don't think his best is all that flash.

In any case I thank him for his service and wish him the best. I have met him and he is a really top bloke from what I could see, so all the best Scott

Very, very happy that he's gone for good. It's not that I don't like him... OK, I'll come clean, I don't like him.

Good luck to him in the ESL, he has to do what's best for him.

Good Luck to you, Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiistteeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Anderson.......Andersoooooooon

Won't shed any tears over this. Great work ethic and commitment.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • bb_gun
  • Foordy
  • theshed
  • BruiserMk1
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • Midean
  • Brocko
  • Skyblues87
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncsgoat
  • Shane Tronc
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.