Origin III: Player ratings

Yes, but he doesn't play like it. The number of times you see him offload when he's got momentum and only 2m away from the line...he doesn't realise he has size. He's a softcock.

Yes, but he doesn't play like it. The number of times you see him offload when he's got momentum and only 2m away from the line...he doesn't realise he has size. He's a softcock.

This is 100% the problem. The guy is massive. Inglis is huge, and knows it, and absolutely loves smashing people in defence and more importantly, in attack. I never thought id say this, but if taylor had the work ethic of the new fullback version of inglis, he would be a must have but fact of the matter is, hes a powder puff who can only succeed when hes playing against weaker opposition

This is 100% the problem. The guy is massive. Inglis is huge, and knows it, and absolutely loves smashing people in defence and more importantly, in attack. I never thought id say this, but if taylor had the work ethic of the new fullback version of inglis, he would be a must have but fact of the matter is, hes a powder puff who can only succeed when hes playing against weaker opposition

Taylor for fullback?

Yes, this is certainly the main barrier between Taylor being an Origin flunk or and Origin legend.. and his ball drops.

Taylor will play Origin again I have no doubt about it but he just needs to find the mongrel in him that made him flick the bird. He just isn't hard enough. Gillett and Taylor were both dreadful this series.

Souffs should really play Taylor in the front row for a bit. Not to convert him to one, but to toughen him up, make him understand that he should be giving his all no matter where he plays, even if it's less flashy work.

QLD team need to have a planned media article for even year to run pre-origin calling Taylor a whimp who doesn't run hard lines (like what Tallis did), that is the only way he gets rev'ed up. Otherwise he just seems to lul himself into this comfortable, relaxed type mode and progressively gets worse at origin level...

EDIT: That's a good idea Alec.

Active Now

• Galah
  • NSW stables
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.