Origin in 3D

Ghibli

Ghibli

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
I've been looking into this whole 3D TV thing, the ads in the football generated my interest. Now the story goes that Sony, and some other electronics manufacturer's have developed TVs that can either use its hardware to generate a 3d image, or if the telecast is in 3D (i.e. the cameras filming the event are 3D capture devices) it can generate a 3D image. So, you have to purchase a new TV, BUT, then you have to purchase glasses from Sony/other manufacturer at a approx cost of $100-$150.

Maybe I'm just getting old and fuddy-duddy, I couldn't think of anything worse than forking out like $4000+ for a TV, then additional $500-$600 on glasses (assuming you want 6 glasses), then sit in your living room and wear a gay pair of glasses that creates a lame 3D effect of the footy.

All I want is to watch the Origin in Full HD (1080p) on a very nice, sharp, good colour panel. So, I've officially declared 3D TV as gay!

Sorry for the rant peeps, any thoughts?

as good as avatar was in 3d, i dont really feel the need to run out and buy a 3d tv. gaming in 3d would be cool tho, as you could become immersed in the game you play, but tv... dont see much point really

Yeah, agree about gaming, plenty of potential there! I wouldn't mind buying a 24 inch panel for my 360 for around the $500 mark with a free pair of glasses.

Yup it doesn't interest me one bit. Like QLDER said, gaming would be cool and would be good for movies, but not for footy. Maybe if I saw it first and it was awesome I would like it, but wearing a pair of glasses during the footy would piss me off!!!

Jeba said:
Yup it doesn't interest me one bit. Like QLDER said, gaming would be cool and would be good for movies, but not for footy. Maybe if I saw it first and it was awesome I would like it, but wearing a pair of glasses during the footy would piss me off!!!

Toughen up you sheila, I wear a pair of glasses every day! [icon_razz1

There are some of these TVs which have the glasses (or the role of the glasses) built into the final layer of glass on the outside of the panel, apparently you do get a bit of a 3D image, but no so much as you would wearing them - I wouldn't mind seeing how it looked.

But ning, you make a good point, would you wear the 3D glasses over your everyday glasses?

Ghibli said:
But ning, you make a good point, would you wear the 3D glasses over your everyday glasses?

It'd be damn annoying having to do it every time I wanted to watch telly!

I hope channel 9 watch the Fox Sports 3d soccer coverage very closely. Why they would want to put soccer in 3d? I will never know. If it fails Nine should have enough time to postpone it and to make sure it is done right.

I just don't want to see a repeat of the skycam situation.

Twiztid said:
I hope channel 9 watch the Fox Sports 3d soccer coverage very closely. Why they would want to put soccer in 3d? I will never know. If it fails Nine should have enough time to postpone it and to make sure it is done right.

I just don't want to see a repeat of the skycam situation.

Haha skycam, didn't that thing die a quick and painless death!!!!! I remember the commentary on the night saying it is going to "revolutionise" the viewing experience for years to come!!! Haven't seen it since!! [icon_lol1.

The whole thing is a gimmick.
The NRL should force channel 9 to make all freaking NRL games broadcasted in HD, forget the 3D gimmick, I want footy in HD :)

broncospwn said:
The NRL should force channel 9 to make all freaking NRL games broadcasted in HD, forget the 3D gimmick, I want footy in HD :)

Beautiful viewing on Foxtel IQ2 via Channel 209 icon_thumbs_u

Jeba said:
broncospwn said:

Beautiful viewing on Foxtel IQ2 via Channel 209 icon_thumbs_u
I'm not lucky enough to have Foxtel [icon_frown

broncospwn said:
channel 9 games are in HD.....?

Channel 9 are notorious with filming the event in 720 (or even in the early days 576) and then upscale the signal to 1080p. Big games should be filmed in Full HD (via the HD channels), if you don't have a 1080p capable device either downscale to your resolution setting, or go to the SD channel.

Anonymous person said:
broncospwn said:
No, I'm saying they SHOULD be in HD.
Ghibli, 100% agree, 576 should not in any way be considered HD, 720p minimum.
I agree broadcast it in full HD 1080P and those with TV's that can't handle it go to Ch 9 instead of 90 which is HD.

broncospwn said:
Anonymous person said:
broncospwn said:
No, I'm saying they SHOULD be in HD.
Ghibli, 100% agree, 576 should not in any way be considered HD, 720p minimum.
I agree broadcast it in full HD 1080P and those with TV's that can't handle it go to Ch 9 instead of 90 which is HD.
im saying all channel 9 games are already shown in HD.

iirc there are no shows broadcast in 1080p on australian television. One HD does some in 1080i, as do a few other stations, but the rest of the HD stuff is 720p.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.