OFFICIAL ORIGIN: QLD WINS. HOORAY. NOW LET'S GET BACK TO THE FOOTY

Since we're coming into Origin season, we might like to think about how it's going to affect our playing roster and recovery time. Here is the schedule, and how it will impact us.

IMPACTROUNDDATEOPPONENT
Missing players17Sunday, July 10Dragons
Origin 3Wednesday, July 13
Backing up: 3 days18Saturday, July 16Titans

We have 2 remaining games to be affected by representative matches:

Dragons in Round 17
Broncos missing
Kurt Capewell
Corey Oates
Selwyn Cobbo
Patty Carrigan
Tommy Flegler (replacement)

Dragons missing
Ben Hunt

Titans in Round 18
Broncos possibly resting
Corey Oates
Kurt Capewell
Selwyn Cobbo
Patty Carrigan

Titans possibly resting
Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

ORIGIN 3 SQUAD : QLD

Kurt Capewell
Selwyn Cobbo
Pat Carrigan
Corey Oates
Tommy Flegler (18th man)

NSW ORIGIN 3: NSW
No Broncos

The bloke who got sent off the field, to begin with.
And everyone here was screaming for him to be dropped. And in fairness, he's a veteran of 14 Origins and also scored a try.

Like for like .

A guy who plays edge back row . Fifita has not been consistent enough .

Oh I totally agree, just interested in the rationale behind it.

Because the poster says Cobbo isn't ready / not good enough at present but at the same time, says Fifita who is coming back from injuries and really poor form this year essentially is. He is also a guy who hasn't really set origin alight when he has played either that I can remember. Not necessarily a criticism, just wanting to know the thinking behind it.

I`d like Flegs to get a run .
But I think big Pappy has the runs on the board and will get a last hoorah . Need more from him in this game though .

Origin impact over next two rounds:

Dragons in Round 17
Broncos missing
Kurt Capewell
Selwyn Cobbo
Patty Carrigan
Tommy Flegler (reserve) - TBC

Dragons missing
Ben Hunt

Titans in Round 18
Broncos possibly resting
Kurt Capewell
Selwyn Cobbo
Patty Carrigan

Titans possibly resting
Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

And everyone here was screaming for him to be dropped. And in fairness, he's a veteran of 14 Origins and also scored a try.

Dane Gagai has been ordinary too, go look at his missed tackles across the 2 games

Dane Gagai has been ordinary too, go look at his missed tackles across the 2 games
Again, everyone here was calling for him to be dropped. I'm just pointing out if you rack up a record number of errors in your second Origin game it would be perfectly reasonable to expect to be dropped. Not to expect everyone to say better luck next time, it's only the State of Origin.

Again, everyone here was calling for him to be dropped. I'm just pointing out if you rack up a record number of errors in your second Origin game it would be perfectly reasonable to expect to be dropped. Not to expect everyone to say better luck next time, it's only the State of Origin.

You either drop them all or you don't drop any of them and just accept they all collectively had a tough night, Billy's let common sense prevail.

You either drop them all or you don't drop any of them and just accept they all collectively had a tough night, Billy's let common sense prevail.
Everyone remembers Darren Lockyer's "horrific" test debut. He made 2 errors.

Selwyn made 4 errors, and that's not even counting the 5 missed tackles. Sorry, but you can't just say look away now. He had the highest error rate and the lowest tackle efficiency on the team. Sure, other players didn't play well either. I'm not saying to ignore them. I'm only talking about the new kid on the block, who many were worried needed more time to mature. That's wasn't an unreasonable worry.

I'm okay with him being picked again, but I still think he should count himself lucky.

Everyone remembers Darren Lockyer's "horrific" test debut. He made 2 errors.

Selwyn made 4 errors, and that's not even counting the 5 missed tackles. Sorry, but you can't just say look away now. He had the highest error rate and the lowest tackle efficiency on the team. Sure, other players didn't play well either. I'm not saying to ignore them. I'm only talking about the new kid on the block, who many were worried needed more time to mature. That's wasn't an unreasonable worry.

I'm okay with him being picked again, but I still think he should count himself lucky.

I think his performance against the Cows was probably what made up the mind of Billy, he was pretty strong there for us, I know he still missed tackles (probably when he was moved to fullback) but if we are going to beat NSW we probably need a few players who can bring some brilliance, Selwyn is definitely one of those kind of players.

Does Flegler still play for us if he's 18th man?

Flegs makes sense but why Fifita given he’s just back from injury and when on field, awful this year?

Oh I totally agree, just interested in the rationale behind it.

Because the poster says Cobbo isn't ready / not good enough at present but at the same time, says Fifita who is coming back from injuries and really poor form this year essentially is. He is also a guy who hasn't really set origin alight when he has played either that I can remember. Not necessarily a criticism, just wanting to know the thinking behind it.
I don't think Fifita has been poor. I think he has played well under his pay packet, but what you get paid doesn't actually mean shit when discussing form. He gets the same stuff that Ponga gets but even more amplified.

He has played 10 games this year, 3 tries, 7 linebreaks, he is averaging 118m per game which is about normal for him. Just because his coach moved him around to centres and bench, this doesn't mean he was playing poorly. And I wouldn't be calling Fifita into debut, he already has 5 appearances for QLD.

In his first game back after a long injury break, he punched out 55mins, 137m (most of any forward for his side) with 60m being PCM, 4 tackle breaks and 2 offloads. While this isn't a 1.2 million dollar performance, it's a good game.

Compare his game to Gilberts game on the weekend, and tell me who was better?

The Titans still don't know how to get the best out of Fifita, what chance has Billy got?

In his first game back after a long injury break, he punched out 55mins, 137m (most of any forward for his side) with 60m being PCM, 4 tackle breaks and 2 offloads. While this isn't a 1.2 million dollar performance, it's a good game.

Compare his game to Gilberts game on the weekend, and tell me who was better?
Gilbert.

Punching that out against Newcastle coming from the bench is completely different than punching out 14 runs & 30 tackles against the Broncos. Considering how much emphasis there is on defence, Gilbert is far better in that department than Fifita who still tackles low despite being a physical marvel.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • mrslong
  • Johnny92
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.